There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best Offensive Line in all of Football

I'm not going to even post a poll, because if anyone voted no, they'd be declared insane and locked up and the key would be thrown away.

Lost in this tremendous performance by CK7 is the absolute domination of our offensive line. They absolutely MANHANDLED the Packer defense from the word go. We needed a yard? Didn't matter who got the ball -- we got five. Sure Kaepernick ran all over the field all night long, but notice how he wasn't TOUCHED during the first ten yards of any scramble. We simply suffocated these guys.

Probably the best play I saw all night long was when Clay Matthews tried to sneak inside Staley and ran smack into Iupati. Iupati's response? He planted Matthews on his KEESTER.

The rebuilding of the offensive line started with Staley, a pick that was highly criticized BTW. We added bits a pieces here and there, making a mistake here and there. But it really cemented with the selections of Davis and Iupati.

It takes years to build a good offensive line. A year or two of jelling is needed as well.

Congratulations 49er fans: We have the best offensive line in all of football now. And we'll continue to dominate opposing teams for the next 5-7 years.

As a former offensive lineman myself, my feeling can be summed up like this: HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!
Agree probably have the best line. Remember when Staley was picked and how a lot of fans were upset. Hey lof of fans were mad about he Anthony Davis pick guess that is why Balke is the GM and we write on the 49erwebzone
I will always treasure those years that I dedicated to playing "bench." Playing organized football gave me an understanding of how line play works, and just how dominating the line play was tonight. Seeing Clay go down under Iupati like he did (it was like Clay hit a brick wall), just brought a smile to my face.

That will come out on game film. You won't see it on any highlight shows. But it was just a huge, huge, huge play.
And maybe the gutsiest...Joe Staley was in super pain and it was evident...but he played his best game as a Niner in spite of and has earned every bit of the respect he gets from me and the rest of the fans.

Just an extra shout out...

Mike Iupati was a f**kin man tonight. W...O...W
The line mauled and brutalized the Packer D. Staley played the game of his life. With the exception of Goodwin, these are all very young men...very tough young men.
Hell yeah!! Aikman thought we had the best offensive line he's seen since his Cowboys line. Total domination today. They embarrassed the Pack. Major props to Staley for his strong performance despite playing with a bum right arm.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM ]
Offensive line did dominate tonight. Nobody can hang with us on the line of scrimmage, especially Green Bay.
Staley dominated Matthews with an injured arm! BEAST LINE
Best run blocking line in the game. One of the worst pass blocking lines in the game. Inconsistent. That said, the new "Q" offense and CK7's feel for the pocket keeps OLB's/DE's at bay "guessing" if we're running inside, outside with a RB or the QB or passing...THIS has helped the pass blocking more than anything and you saw the culmination last nigh; domination!

But run blocking? Epic...just nasty and they LOVE to be out in space pancaking fools.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I think we still need to find a natural centre to take over from Goodwin but we definitely have the best run blocking OL in the league. Not just the toughest but the best technical unit too. I agree that there is still some work to be done in pass protection but coming from where we had been only a few years ago you have to say well done to the front office.
We are easily the best run blocking O-line. Pass blocking needs work. It would almost be like cheating if this was a dominant pass blocking line. It would be impossible to stop this team.
Staley Iupati Goodwin Boone Davis
Probowl Probowl Alternate Alternate Alternate

The wars are won in the trenches and we owned the Packers last night.

The whole line played old-fashioned kick-ass football.

Boone also deserves kudos!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
they got back to imposing their will and that was good. staley is still over rated to me and they still have to do better in pass protection. the only reason we do not get sack more is due to the very good footwork of ck. I know troy A loves our line and he may be right about how good it is in run protection but they still have pass protection issues in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
they got back to imposing their will and that was good. staley is still over rated to me and they still have to do better in pass protection. the only reason we do not get sack more is due to the very good footwork of ck. I know troy A loves our line and he may be right about how good it is in run protection but they still have pass protection issues in my opinion

staley is nfc's probowl starting left tackle.