LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

What was you reaction to the pick 6?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For a sec, felt like this was going to be like the regular season Giants game. Starting out hot on an opening drive, and then killing all momentum and losing bad.

But for some odd reason, I wasnt worried. Felt that Kaep could bring us back. Havent felt that way in a long time.
all i was thinking was that it was going to be ok, he needed something like to happen to start the fire under his *** and get going
i thought it was gonna be one of those nights....one and done...
Pissed off because I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAMEPLAN WAS TO PASS PASS PASS
Mildly annoyed but that was it... a pick six is never a good thing, but to get all worked up about it that early in the game is pointless... That, and quite frankly, I believe in Kaepernick. Dude is a straight up baller.
I was just thinking happy thoughts. I try not to freak out on a game unless it's completely out of reach.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
it was early I know we bounce back
Im a super negative guy, I turned to my brother and said "well this Sh*ts over!"
this is going to sound like I'm saying I'm the almighty and I have some great foresight into what will happen or whatever. That is not the case, I wasn't that worried, I went in expecting at least one big mistake and he did it very early then went into straight up beast mode. I didn't think a performance of the ages like Kaep had would happen but I remained confident
Cursed up a storm and almost punched a hole in my wall, lol. But a small part of me thought it was actually good he threw that pick 6 so he could get over his jitters and nerves. Pray he doesn't do that against the Falcons lol, but it was the kids 1st playoff game. Had a sh*t load of confidence he would overcome it and bounce right back and lead us down the field to tie the game. And low and behold....I was right.
[ Edited by KaepernickFan on Jan 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM ]

I think what made me/us even more worried was because we got the ball first...and the Packers were going to get the ball after halftime.

because of that I kind of looked at it as a 14-0 deficit. But again, at least it happened on the VERY first drive..and not in the middle or late in the game. whew.
When I saw it the first thing I said was "I knew it!". I was worried and upset. Great he rebounded tho.
First thot was "unh oh". More generally I would like to second most of cc's comments above.

Kap deserved to be there....and he definitely overshadowed Rodgers.

Roman called a great game, but this has been so spotty, up and down, that I won't be sad to see him go. This was a superbly called game, however. How much was roman, how much Coach H, i dunno. I too was afraid we would lose this game, not by players, but by roman's gameplan. I didn't give him enough credit, but as noted by cc, roman should have been calling great games all yr...unhhh, unlike the SEA fiasco, a total coaching failure.

joe staley...here i disagree w/ you cc, as I thot joe has done a great job, including the first GB game when he gave up only 1 sack to Clay M. It makes a heckuva difference in pass blocking if the guy you are blocking for is fleet as a deer, and elusive besides. The entire OL did bully the Pack, and I wonder how we could possibly 27th or something like that. This game probably brot up our OL pass blocking stats, but much of that is due to Kap.

As for passrush, cc, altho it has not been top notch, it did do well Sat nite.We got a sack, p52 i think, but there were lots of rodger's throwaways...and a number occurred on 1st down which put the heat on him to get 10 yds in next two plays...leading to a bunch of 3 and outs, something rodgers is not used to. The same pass crabs scored on, so did GB. That is a tough sucker to defend over the middle even with tight coverage. As for passrush in general, sometime in 2nd qtr, stats on Rodgers were 8 hurries, 11 knockdowns, a sack, and 6 throwaways. Not bad.

One final note about kap, and that is a CB was quoted as saying, "man, i didn't know he was that fast". Well, he is, and those 5, 7 and 9 step drops which killed us with alex in there, went from 10 , 14, and 18 feet to 15, 21 and 27 foot dropbacks. Colin has a huge stride, and when he drops back 7 steps he is 21 or more feet from LOS. That helped slow down their passrush some, but the kid's outright elusiveness is hard to get a fix on, mainly because he is so tall. And talk about an advantage of throwing over oncoming passrushers , wow, does he have it. If he is going to throw into the flat and it is a 15 yrd pass or longer, being tall doesn't help and that pick proved it. Unfricking believeable game and a show like many of us, fans and others, have never seen. His 440 some yds of total offense....ummm...doesn't get much better than that.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jan 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM ]
I beat my son
Originally posted by socalniner:
I beat my son

LMAO! Father of the yr award goes to you my good sir!

Haha.
Share 49ersWebzone