There are 344 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Player of the game should go to......

Surprised no one is mentioning Justin Smith. The entire defense is on that guy's shoulders.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
CK7.
Player of the game is obviously Kaep but a lot of honorable mentions, Staley, Gore, Crabtree and Spillman.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Player of the game is obviously Kaep but a lot of honorable mentions, Staley, Gore, Crabtree and Spillman.

Yep, Kaep had over 440 total yards and 4 TDs. He is DEFINITELY POTG. Gore over 100, Crabs too, Staley is a warrior as is Justin, Spillman with the recovery. This is 49er football, it wasn't about any one guy. TEAM effort. That's how we always win, as a TEAM. NFC Championship here we come! (I'll have a more reasoned and thought-out response tomorrow but tonight is all about the W).
KYLE WILLIAMS. If it wasnt for him, we wouldn't be as hungry as we are this year.
The whole team played amazing but Kaep was the man tonight. With his performance we get to hear highlights about how great the Niners are, instead of hearing how the Packers came up short.
Kaep is the field general of this team!!! He set records in college and he's doin the same in the big league...
Not trying to take anything away from CK, he played one of he greatest games I've ever seen, and it will go down as an all-time great playoff performance, but Staley imo played a perfect game against one of the leagues best, and did so in serious and obvious pain.
Kaep is the obvious choice.... Spillman had the play of the game though.
It was clearly Colin Kaepernick.
Not to discredit Kap at all he did amazing. But that packer defense isn't like ours and Staley shut down their only real threat on that defense.
Alex Smith....... Oh wait
Kaep. Record breaking performance in his first playoff start. You have to give it to him.
Anyone who doesnt think Kap was the Player of the Game was watching a different game than I was.
Kap hands down, and it's not even close.