LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hofer36:
and kaerpenick had his chance this year--what is the point?

The guy I quoted stated that he wish Alex had a chance at a super bowl. He had one last year. Settle down.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

The guy I quoted stated that he wish Alex had a chance at a super bowl. He had one last year. Settle down.

Man you have a serious attitude problem. Why always putting inferences in other peoples point of view? Can't you just take the back and forth without getting personal? You want respect then you have to give it also and we are all 49er fans in here.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I wish Alex the best. As stated yesterday, a win without.a major contribution by Alex would seem a bit incomplete. He held this team together through the lockout, coordinating practices, flying guys out on his dime, having dudes stay over at his house. The guy was here through the bad days. Too bad he didn't get a chance to get a ring before going to a dog team.

He had his chance last year.

The point is that Smith is going to be traded to a doormat and never have another chance. Which obviously sucks for him. Kap will have plenty of more opportunities.

I am not rubbing anything in. It really is too bad for Smith.

no team is gonna trade for Smith when they can just wait until the Niners cut him.
Originally posted by rk1642:
Man you have a serious attitude problem. Why always putting inferences in other peoples point of view? Can't you just take the back and forth without getting personal? You want respect then you have to give it also and we are all 49er fans in here.

Is this a joke? Where is the attitude and where did I get personal? And no...I don't think we're all 49er fans in here so I disagree with you there.
Originally posted by drakan:
no team is gonna trade for Smith when they can just wait until the Niners cut him.

That's likely. The date of the draft works in the interested teams' favor. The 49ers will have to cut Smith well before the draft. That gives many teams a chance to take a crack at him, and failing that to go with the best available QBs in the pool (or do a combination of both.) The risk is they may have to pay Smith a tad more, but with the right contract structure and Smith's strong interest in joining a good team will make the numbers starting out not much more than his current pay.
Colin Kaepernick will be the starting QB for the Niners for the foreseeable future.

Colin Kaepernick will be the starting QB for the Niners for the foreseeable future.

Hurts, doesn't it?
Originally posted by Alexsmithisgod:

Hurts, doesn't it?

Not really. Losing our first Super Bowl hurts more. Now go create a new handle after this one is banned, so you can continue to hate on a player that helped this team to be where they are today in more ways than you would like to give him credit for.
Originally posted by Alexsmithisgod:

Hurts, doesn't it?

What has to be wrong with a person to post something like this?

Alex is going to be fine. He's going to get some nice offers and I hope that he goes to a team that will appreciate him, and one that is competitive (but not too competitive ). It is going to be fun to follow that team from a distance and see how his story continues.
Up to you, guys. I can lock the thread or start rolling the banhammer.

Or you could calm down and be sensible.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:

you should just lock it up he's pretty much dead as a niner.

Originally posted by susweel:

Unproven and simply inflammatory . You want an extended break?
The funny thing is we have solid depth at QB but will be losing that if Alex leaves. That is something I think needs real attention. I don't like our odds if Tolzien has to take over barring a Kap injury.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

Unproven and simply inflammatory . You want an extended break?

it wasn't mean that way. all Im saying we probably wont see him play another game as a niner. and NO
Originally posted by rk1642:

Is this a joke? Where is the attitude and where did I get personal? And no...I don't think we're all 49er fans in here so I disagree with you there.

So only you are a true 49er fan or can root for the team and players. We all are fans in our own ways. You pick players in these debates so don't sit there and act like you don't. I never accuse you of not being a fan of the team because you wanted the stating qb benched. You had an opinon and it was vaild but so do others and if they don't agree then so be it.
  • dj43
Let's hope Scott Tolzien can develop into a competent backup. If Harbaugh continues to run the read/option, there will come a time when CK will be injured while running the ball and a solid backup will have to come in and win some games. At this point in time, I have zero confidence in Tolzien based on his play against 3rd stringers last spring. For now, we will have to sit this off-season and wait to see if Mr Magician Jim Harbaugh can weave his magic with ST.

OTOH, Atlanta and Baltimore have already shown how to defend the read/option. I am sure other DCs will go to school on that during the off-season as well. The result will be that Kaepernick will not be running quite as much in the future.
Share 49ersWebzone