LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Alex Smith: "I'm so happy, man," Smith said. "This is so surreal. It's such a crazy time, such a crazy moment. Obviously, it's been a unique year, and it would be great to be in there. But I couldn't be happier. This is a great group of guys, and they're all Super Bowl bound. I'm just so happy for all of them."

Alex Smith is just such a classy guy. They guy just exudes character.

yah he a good dude and probably now understands Kap's talents.
How is he a good dude now? I'm actually quite disappointed in this quote. Why didn't he say, "This is a great group of guys, and WE'RE all Super Bowl bound. I'm just so happy for ALL of us."?

That foo Alex still hiding behind the disappointment. You're a part of this team and you could be called into the mix at any time so best be ready.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I have no problem with Alex. I actually like him a lot. He's a true professional. I've been critical of him, but he won me over to an extent.

My problem is with all the cry babies in here trying to make him out to be a victim. He was not wronged, backstabbed, or shi*tted on, in any way, shape, or form by the organization. This is a performance based job at the very highest level. Competition does not stop regardless of who you are and what you've done, just because you're injured. That mentality is precisely why we're in the superbowl now.

Be happy for Alex. He had a hand in this too. And if we win the superbowl, he contributed greatly to earning that trophy.
has anyone seen this? didnt see it posted already if so. good article

http://butattheendoftheday.com/2013/01/21/one-story-that-cant-be-ignored-in-the-super-bowl-hype-the-alex-smith-factor/
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Alex Smith: "I'm so happy, man," Smith said. "This is so surreal. It's such a crazy time, such a crazy moment. Obviously, it's been a unique year, and it would be great to be in there. But I couldn't be happier. This is a great group of guys, and they're all Super Bowl bound. I'm just so happy for all of them."

How is he a good dude now? I'm actually quite disappointed in this quote. Why didn't he say, "This is a great group of guys, and WE'RE all Super Bowl bound. I'm just so happy for ALL of us."?

That foo Alex still hiding behind the disappointment. You're a part of this team and you could be called into the mix at any time so best be ready.

He is putting the team ahead of himself. I think you're over analyzing his statement. He is making it all about the team, and not himself, as he usually does.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

He is putting the team ahead of himself. I think you're over analyzing his statement. He is making it all about the team, and not himself, as he usually does.

Nope, he's excluding himself
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Well, if that is indeed the case, can anybody blame him? It is most likely he will never play another snap as a 49er. Seems he is already mentally prepared for that... If what you say is how the statement was meant. I don't really see a problem with that. I believe his happiness for his teammates is genuine.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

http://butattheendoftheday.com/2013/01/21/one-story-that-cant-be-ignored-in-the-super-bowl-hype-the-alex-smith-factor/

that tells alot.....think about it....

Steve Young never got that....Aaron Rodgers never got that. Jim Hostedler never got that.

I don't think that is normal for a vet to truley sell out and do it all for the team.

between Camp Alex and his handling of CK....he has shown his colors.

i hope he makes for a great coach someday.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Well, if that is indeed the case, can anybody blame him? It is most likely he will never play another snap as a 49er. Seems he is already mentally prepared for that... If what you say is how the statement was meant. I don't really see a problem with that. I believe his happiness for his teammates is genuine.

lol at what the arguments have deteriorated into
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

that tells alot.....think about it....

Steve Young never got that....Aaron Rodgers never got that. Jim Hostedler never got that.

I don't think that is normal for a vet to truley sell out and do it all for the team.

between Camp Alex and his handling of CK....he has shown his colors.

i hope he makes for a great coach someday.

Seems a definite possibility in the future, should that be something he wants.
Wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh starts him off as an assistant, as he started with the Raiders.
Originally posted by boast:

lol at what the arguments have deteriorated into

Hey now, I'm not arguing.

Im a hater of smith as the 49ers starting qb. But i admire the way he has handled himself since the change. However i think a change in venue for him is best for the team the webzone and alex smith himself!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Im a hater of smith as the 49ers starting qb. But i admire the way he has handled himself since the change. However i think a change in venue for him is best for the team the webzone and alex smith himself!
of course this is the truth. i hope alex gets his ring and he is probably the best of the free agent bunch out there and is alot better than some of the college quarterbacks. he will go someone place like arizona or kansas city and have a nice career. its better for him and the niners will not have the distraction anymore. that of course will create another issue like who will back up ck because if alex were not here and ck were to get hurt, i have no confidence in the kid coming in.. but that is a topic for the off season i guess
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Nobody brings teams from down big consistently. So you will find that those numbers are bad in general. Alex was a part of some awful teams before last season. In his first season with a good team he had one of those comebacks. Hooray for the Niners! Colin had one last night... Hooray for the Niners!

He was part of awful teams but he was awful as well. He contributed to that. As far as comebacks we are 1-27 since 2001 when trailing by 17+ in the first half. What Kaep did after a missed field goal, a fumble at the goal line...with Max Hall and Ted Ginn is truly amazing. He was able to overcome all of these things. Not taking anything away from Smith but he couldn't overcome the lack of receiver talent and the muffed punts.
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth. i hope alex gets his ring and he is probably the best of the free agent bunch out there and is alot better than some of the college quarterbacks. he will go someone place like arizona or kansas city and have a nice career. its better for him and the niners will not have the distraction anymore. that of course will create another issue like who will back up ck because if alex were not here and ck were to get hurt, i have no confidence in the kid coming in.. but that is a topic for the off season i guess

Im really looking forward to next pre-season. I think we will find out a lot about scot. For harbs to keep him around for 2 years he must see something. I domt see it but i default to coach. he seems to have a really good grasp of our teams qb situation.
Originally posted by cciowa:

Did you forget who our head coach is? If Kaep gets hurt, Tolzien will step up and play well.
Share 49ersWebzone