LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

aj jenkins should get a pass

Shop Find 49ers gear online
put it this one on the coaches , they guy needs playing time , we need to substitute more on offense and defense , see what happen when we put in lmj
He did, but he dropped it.
lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

This and not throwing to him again compounds the issue. Jenkins better be light it up on Saturday.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

If we aren't going to use Walker as our primary #3 WR/TE, then we're going to have to hope either Jenkins or Ginn steps up and contributes in some fashion. Have my doubts either one of them will do more then catch a pass or 2, but you never know. Here's hoping Crabtree, Moss, Davis and Walker will be enough to get us past GB.
Alshon Jeffery - WEEK 1 STATS

5 targets, 3 receptions - 80 YARDS, 1 TD

I know hindsight can be a b***h, but this guy didn't seem to have a problem on opening day.
Nice threads started by the OP today.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:

I know hindsight can be a b***h, but this guy didn't seem to have a problem on opening day.

Counterargument to this particular player selection is Jeffery has been plagued by injuries and drops as the season wore on and been described as "mentally fragile".

Thats only one WR but they other 2 WRs between Jenkins and Jeffery; Brian Quick and Stephen Hill are equally massive projects. The only difference is that Jenkins does not have the same size as those players(something everyone on this board desperately wanted). The only other 2 WRs selected after us that would've have completely satisfied that same "need" of our fans were Rueben Randle and Mohamed Sanu -- but both Randle and Sanu are just as much of a project as Jenkins, Quick, Hill, and Jeffery and are not actually that large but in fact near equal in size to Crabtree, both listed at 6'2" 210 compared to Crabtree at 6'1 215.....

The only valid counterargument for selecting Jenkins is that nearly every day 2 Speedster selected after Jenkins had equally if not more productive seasons then those "big bodied" WRs selected in round 2 or 3. Example of T.Y. Hilton(selected in the 4th round) had a 50 catch year, TJ Graham(selected in the 3rd) had a 30 catch year, Chris Givens(selected in the 4th round) had a 40 catch year. But for each of those 3 there are 3 others that had AJ Jenkins-like year of zero productivity in Devon Wylie, Joe Adams who combined for 7 catches for 60 yards. All of those speedsters are receivers that people on this board wanted us to draft, Jenkins could end up being a terrible pick but there is no way to prove that if we had waited an selected any of those other speedsters that they would've seen the field more then Jenkins or that they would've caught that ONE pass.

As you say hindsight is a b***h but we just need to trust in our team that they made the right choice.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]
Good call sfout!!

I appreciate you research and insight.

We all would love AJ to light it up. Sooner would be better than later.

Still, I have lots of faith in Baalke/JH in their selections.

Time will tell.

Originally posted by sfout:

Counterargument to this particular player selection is Jeffery has been plagued by injuries and drops as the season wore on and been described as "mentally fragile".

Thats only one WR but they other 2 WRs between Jenkins and Jeffery; Brian Quick and Stephen Hill are equally massive projects. The only difference is that Jenkins does not have the same size as those players(something everyone on this board desperately wanted). The only other 2 WRs selected after us that would've have completely satisfied that same "need" of our fans were Rueben Randle and Mohamed Sanu -- but both Randle and Sanu are just as much of a project as Jenkins, Quick, Hill, and Jeffery and are not actually that large but in fact near equal in size to Crabtree, both listed at 6'2" 210 compared to Crabtree at 6'1 215.....

The only valid counterargument for selecting Jenkins is that nearly every day 2 Speedster selected after Jenkins had equally if not more productive seasons then those "big bodied" WRs selected in round 2 or 3. Example of T.Y. Hilton(selected in the 4th round) had a 50 catch year, TJ Graham(selected in the 3rd) had a 30 catch year, Chris Givens(selected in the 4th round) had a 40 catch year. But for each of those 3 there are 3 others that had AJ Jenkins-like year of zero productivity in Devon Wylie, Joe Adams who combined for 7 catches for 60 yards. All of those speedsters are receivers that people on this board wanted us to draft, Jenkins could end up being a terrible pick but there is no way to prove that if we had waited an selected any of those other speedsters that they would've seen the field more then Jenkins or that they would've caught that ONE pass.

As you say hindsight is a b***h but we just need to trust in our team that they made the right choice.

this is why I think a team should draft multiple picks at the same position if it is a position of need. You are bound to get productivity from someone.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call sfout!!

I appreciate you research and insight.

We all would love AJ to light it up. Sooner would be better than later.

Still, I have lots of faith in Baalke/JH in their selections.

Time will tell.

You're welcome sir!

Just patiently waiting for a break play let alone game to validate the selection.
I remember the webzone branding Aldon as a bust as soon as they found out he was struggling in training camp. Just give AJ time, he will flourish when his time comes.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I remember the webzone branding Aldon as a bust as soon as they found out he was struggling in training camp. Just give AJ time, he will flourish when his time comes.

This

Jefferey was my pick in the second round of my mock last year. I really liked him, even though most people around here called him fat and slo with no work ethic.
Share 49ersWebzone