There are 676 users in the forums
Why would anyone in their right mind purchase season tickets???
Jan 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM
- mdonch3
- Veteran
- Posts: 27
Section 29. Row 5. Gonna be awesome! GO 49ERS!
Jan 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM
- 49erJim
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,524
Originally posted by GNielsen:I use to walk to Kezar and pay $ 0.50 cents with a Christopher Milk Carton Ticket.........nice bench seats and the cage! I saw John Brodie get beer poured on his head in the "cage" LOL. Your post brought back a few memories.....
There is no sense in continuing to whine about the new stadium. This is happening with every franchise and if you want your franchise to be competitive, you have to draw the corporate money with the luxury corporate boxes. Candlestick is close to my heart. I've seen lots of football and baseball games there. But, it's way past it's due date. The Niners need to be competitive. When I was a kid growing up in San Francisco, I could go out to Kezar on game day and get a decent seat for a few bucks with a high school football player card. So what. That was then, this is 2013. Time marches on.
Jan 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM
- carioca49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 75
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
No games this year went for 50% below face. All went above face actually. And I have season tickets so I can pay $90 for my playoff tickets instead of $275.
It was only $90? Holy s**t that is a potential HUGE profit for some folks...
i can almost get quadruple my face...but, I'm still going ...FK the Packers !!!!
Now that's what I wanna hear!! I live in Dallas, but my girl and I are flying up for the game. Two less potential Packers fans in the seats...
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM
- 9erred
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,195
Originally posted by 9erReign:
No games this year went for 50% below face. All went above face actually. And I have season tickets so I can pay $90 for my playoff tickets instead of $275.
All went above face value??? Please pass over whatever you are smoking, as that is mathematically impossible. The cardinals MNF game and dolphins game both had seats that where priced like college games. 20-35 a seat.
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,945
Originally posted by 9erred:The AZ MNF game was at AZ.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
No games this year went for 50% below face. All went above face actually. And I have season tickets so I can pay $90 for my playoff tickets instead of $275.
All went above face value??? Please pass over whatever you are smoking, as that is mathematically impossible. The cardinals MNF game and dolphins game both had seats that where priced like college games. 20-35 a seat.
Cheapest seat at the stick face value is around 27$
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM
- 9erReign
- StonksKing
- Posts: 50,726
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9erred:The AZ MNF game was at AZ.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
No games this year went for 50% below face. All went above face actually. And I have season tickets so I can pay $90 for my playoff tickets instead of $275.
All went above face value??? Please pass over whatever you are smoking, as that is mathematically impossible. The cardinals MNF game and dolphins game both had seats that where priced like college games. 20-35 a seat.
Cheapest seat at the stick face value is around 27$
Yep that AZ game wasn't here. The last 2 games of the year Miami and AZ, my buddy with 2 seats next to mine sold for an average of $120 a seat. They are $59 face. So people were doubling their money on those games 9erred is talking about.
Jan 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
- 9erred
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,195
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9erred:The AZ MNF game was at AZ.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
No games this year went for 50% below face. All went above face actually. And I have season tickets so I can pay $90 for my playoff tickets instead of $275.
All went above face value??? Please pass over whatever you are smoking, as that is mathematically impossible. The cardinals MNF game and dolphins game both had seats that where priced like college games. 20-35 a seat.
Cheapest seat at the stick face value is around 27$
Yep that AZ game wasn't here. The last 2 games of the year Miami and AZ, my buddy with 2 seats next to mine sold for an average of $120 a seat. They are $59 face. So people were doubling their money on those games 9erred is talking about.
Look, I think you guys are not quite understanding my post. I am frustrated with people buying season tickets then selling the tickets to opposing players. I actually respect that Seattle has the 12th man. I am hoping that with the new stadium people will not sell their tickets to dallas, Seattle and GB fans. I do however understand that a lot of people sell the premium games to recoup their season ticket costs, and I feel this is america, and good for you if you can do it.
'
I also am SHOCKED that tickets for the GB niners game can be had for what I think is a cheap amount, 200 dollars. One would hope that a game like that tickets would cost much more...... Heck single game tickets in the new stadium when it is not do nor die are going for more than that.
I think we will agree that while a lot or the majority of the tickets might go for face value, double or triple, a small minority do go for under face. If one is willing to wait, tickets can be had for less. I have friends and myself who have gone to a lot of Giants (baseball)game for under face value in their championship year, you wait to right before the game, or in the first inning and voila the scalpers price drops and we are sitting in club seats for less than folks who got bleacher seats off of stubhub.
Jan 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
- ALLDONE
- Veteran
- Posts: 130
1.) There's a lot more games in a baseball season.
2.) It depends on where the seats are. The more premium seats are more likely to hold their value during bad games, bad years
3.) Conversely, as many have mentioned above the bang for the buck or selling for 4-5x+ multiples is far more likely to happen with the lower quality seats
4.) And yes of course all sports events are time sensitive. Waiting for sellers to panic and buy closer to the last minute helps with any such event.
2.) It depends on where the seats are. The more premium seats are more likely to hold their value during bad games, bad years
3.) Conversely, as many have mentioned above the bang for the buck or selling for 4-5x+ multiples is far more likely to happen with the lower quality seats
4.) And yes of course all sports events are time sensitive. Waiting for sellers to panic and buy closer to the last minute helps with any such event.
Jan 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM
- BigBug415
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,385
Last season I bought 3 tickets to the opening game against the Seachickens for $12 each, no joke! Then I got 3 more for the Tampa game 20 bucks each. All on razorgator.
Of course this is before the bandwagon jumpers got on board.
Oh, just got my playoff tickets $200 a pop! GOOO NIIIIINERRRRRS!!!!!!!
Of course this is before the bandwagon jumpers got on board.
Oh, just got my playoff tickets $200 a pop! GOOO NIIIIINERRRRRS!!!!!!!
Jan 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM
- SJniner7
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,749
Originally posted by 9erred:Look, I think you guys are not quite understanding my post. I am frustrated with people buying season tickets then selling the tickets to opposing players. I actually respect that Seattle has the 12th man. I am hoping that with the new stadium people will not sell their tickets to dallas, Seattle and GB fans. I do however understand that a lot of people sell the premium games to recoup their season ticket costs, and I feel this is america, and good for you if you can do it.
'
I also am SHOCKED that tickets for the GB niners game can be had for what I think is a cheap amount, 200 dollars. One would hope that a game like that tickets would cost much more...... Heck single game tickets in the new stadium when it is not do nor die are going for more than that.
I think we will agree that while a lot or the majority of the tickets might go for face value, double or triple, a small minority do go for under face. If one is willing to wait, tickets can be had for less. I have friends and myself who have gone to a lot of Giants (baseball)game for under face value in their championship year, you wait to right before the game, or in the first inning and voila the scalpers price drops and we are sitting in club seats for less than folks who got bleacher seats off of stubhub.
There is no way to control who buys the tickets on stubhub or nfl ticket exchange. Seattle, Green Bay and other places like that are locations where nobody wants to live, therefore you have mostly home team fans. The diversity in California opens the door for so many more options for someone to root for. I mean, we have two teams in the Bay Area.
Does anyone use ticket exchange? Everyone mentions stubhub, but ticket exchange only charge 10% instead of 15.
Jan 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
- TheWooLick
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,714
I could see the appeal of having a huge tailgate every home game with a bunch of friends over the next 20 years but the NFL is so much better to watch on TV and season tickets is a huge commitment so I passed. I'll do what I have done for years at the Stick, go to a game here and there when someone gives me tickets or when I decide to shell out for resale tickets.
I also remember when scalping tickets was illegal. It seems like most people buy season tickets these days just to scalp them for a profit.
I also remember when scalping tickets was illegal. It seems like most people buy season tickets these days just to scalp them for a profit.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM ]
Jan 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM
- jdt84_2
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,978
Originally posted by 9erred:
Look, I think you guys are not quite understanding my post. I am frustrated with people buying season tickets then selling the tickets to opposing players. I actually respect that Seattle has the 12th man. I am hoping that with the new stadium people will not sell their tickets to dallas, Seattle and GB fans. I do however understand that a lot of people sell the premium games to recoup their season ticket costs, and I feel this is america, and good for you if you can do it.
'
I also am SHOCKED that tickets for the GB niners game can be had for what I think is a cheap amount, 200 dollars. One would hope that a game like that tickets would cost much more...... Heck single game tickets in the new stadium when it is not do nor die are going for more than that.
I think we will agree that while a lot or the majority of the tickets might go for face value, double or triple, a small minority do go for under face. If one is willing to wait, tickets can be had for less. I have friends and myself who have gone to a lot of Giants (baseball)game for under face value in their championship year, you wait to right before the game, or in the first inning and voila the scalpers price drops and we are sitting in club seats for less than folks who got bleacher seats off of stubhub.
yeah but those tickets going for $200, where are they at? many seats face value is $25-50, that is 4-10x face value.
Jan 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM
- HouseNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 65
Originally posted by susweel:
gonna be like 35 % cheese heads at the game.
And that percentage is based on, what?
Jan 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
- Shorteous
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,299
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
gonna be like 35 % cheese heads at the game.
And that percentage is based on, what?
int smartyPants = randomNumGenerator() ;
Jan 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
- JR80Forever
- Member
- Posts: 1,508
Originally posted by 9erred:
Green Bay 49ers play off game, Saturday at 5 PM. 8,000 tickets for sale on stub hub, with a lot of tickets around 200 dollars. Why on earth would anyone fork over money for a psl when you can get tickets to ANY game, including a coveted play off game for such a low price?? Heck the less desirable games you can get tickets for 50% off face value??
I am a little disapointed as I want zero tickets to go to cheese head fans, but apparently 7,000 to 15000 tickets could be packer fans as the niner faithful sells their seats?????
Do you own season tickets?
