There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We will only go as far as our Run O/Run D take us.

Originally posted by cciowa:
we gave up a bunch of points to the pats and a bunch of points to seattle. you can spin it however you want but our defense is no longer an elite defense. and the packers offense is just as good if not better than the pats and seattle

Are defense struggled towards the end of the year, no doubt. But, they too need help from the offense. They are on the field WAY too much. Even against NE, a bunch of quick strikes. The defense was at their peak when we ran the ball well and had longer, sustained drives... even if it ended with no, or only three points.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
we gave up a bunch of points to the pats and a bunch of points to seattle. you can spin it however you want but our defense is no longer an elite defense. and the packers offense is just as good if not better than the pats and seattle

Are defense struggled towards the end of the year, no doubt. But, they too need help from the offense. They are on the field WAY too much. Even against NE, a bunch of quick strikes. The defense was at their peak when we ran the ball well and had longer, sustained drives... even if it ended with no, or only three points.
if your theory is correct then it goes back to roman and what he calls and that makes me sick

This is true. You can clearly see the difference in their performance when the offense gives them time to rest. The balance has been shifted and there is a lot more weight on their side when they come in with heavy tired legs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
This is true. You can clearly see the difference in their performance when the offense gives them time to rest. The balance has been shifted and there is a lot more weight on their side when they come in with heavy tired legs.
If i see that gore has four carries at half time saturday night i will become unglued,, more than how unglued i already am

if your theory is correct then it goes back to roman and what he calls and that makes me sick

Is this really on Roman though? We don't know the 2 plays that are given to the QB, one of those plays could very well be a run. The first drive in Seattle were 3 straight pass plays, I'm thinking Kap had more to do with that than we know.
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM ]
If i see that gore has four carries at half time saturday night i will become unglued,, more than how unglued i already am

This. Yes. Feed Gore. Also, Dixon should get a few carries. He has played pretty well when give the oppurtunites. Mix in some LMJ on screens and outside runs. Use our weapons! We don't need a bunch of deep strikes. Don't play GB's game. Play our game.
Also, give Frank more "traditional" carries as opposed to the run/option runs. Frank has had a lot more success running out of more "traditional" sets.

This. Yes. Feed Gore. Also, Dixon should get a few carries. He has played pretty well when give the oppurtunites. Mix in some LMJ on screens and outside runs. Use our weapons! We don't need a bunch of deep strikes. Don't play GB's game. Play our game.

I have a feeling GB's game will be similar to what has beaten our defense this year and that's flats to HBs and WRs. They figured it out in our first game, when they made their comeback and the Vikings used it against us too.
We need to get an early lead , and gash them with our running game all night long

even though Cowboy will be limited , I can see our defense playing a strong game and getting back to shutting some asses down
Harris from Green Bay has impressed me. Has VERY fresh legs as he was selling cars at mid-season. Runs so hard. Reminds me of Lynch a little more than Gore but man does he go. After that, Lynch is the only back that concerns me.
I have to disagree with this. I think we will only go as far as our offense will take us. (Packers game only, dont wanna get to ahead of myself)

Point being, When u think of the Packers, you think of Rodgers, simple as that. He's a passer, not a scrambler, and he's been on fire lately.

So that tells me one thing.... Your gonna have to maybe stay in the pocket, and outduel him when we have the ball on offense. I'm not saying dont run with Gore, but teams know that's exactly what we are gonna do. And I'll have to say that Gore is def top 10 RB in the league, i feel. But when they were able to stop Peterson, to a certain degree, then we should be in for a long day on the ground.

The X factor, just like in another thread is Kaep. He's gonna have to have a hell of a game. That really show's what he's made of. And just if anyone asks, oh yeah i have been watching the games, and this is a new beast that Kaep hasnt experienced yet. And I hope that he rises to the occasion.

He will need all his WR's, and both TE's. My thing is, and I'm not making the statement, im wondering, "Is Kaep a true pocket passer that has the ability to scramble, or is he a scrambling QB with the ability to become a pocket passer. I'm still not sure yet. And i think this unknown factor actually helps him.

We are gonna have to score on offense, just as simple as that. The D will do their job, im certain. Not blank Rodgers, but keep those 30+ something points off the board. We just all need to be watching what we do when we have the ball on offense. That's what im soo excited to see.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Harris from Green Bay has impressed me. Has VERY fresh legs as he was selling cars at mid-season. Runs so hard. Reminds me of Lynch a little more than Gore but man does he go. After that, Lynch is the only back that concerns me.

i would like to think our backers can take care of him but that is a worry,, esp since i saw they used him by throwing the ball to him, f**king stupid roman is either unable or unwilling to use hunter, when he was in,, and james in that same manner. i am glad lots of people see the need to give the ball to gore and james and yes dixon has done more than respectable when called upon . a bunch of three and outs on three incomplete deep throw is just what the packers want. roman better not f**k this up

For the 49ers, T.o.P. is gonna be huge from here on out in the playoffs. I'd never complain about scoring too many points too quickly, but for a team as physical as the Niners are defensively, they greatly benefit off of a good 4-5 long, extended drives a game just to get rest.

This is one of the things that Alex Smith did very well since they took less chances on the quick strike scoring plays when he was QB than they have with Kap and in hindsight those check down passes we all hated from Smith actually extended drives and ate time off of the clock giving the D some much needed down time.

The game plan they used against New Orleans a few weeks back could be something we see Saturday especially if the pass rush is there and they disrupt Rodgers rhythm the way they did Brees by keeping him off of the field.
We will only go as far as our WHOLE TEAM will takes us. It's about the TEAM not just one aspect.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
We will only go as far as our WHOLE TEAM will takes us. It's about the TEAM not just one aspect.

Here is one aspect : Turn Overs
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home