There are 268 users in the forums

Which 49er Unit are you Most Concerned about Against GB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er Unit are you Most Concerned about Against GB?

Special Teams is the only ? I have.....it lost us the NFCC last year.....I hope it doesnt happen again....Defense will contain Aaron Rodgers......Offense is gonna tear it up with the run and play action (not scared of the DB's, or pass rush).....COME ON SPEACIAL TEAMS!!!!!!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Special Teams is the only ? I have.....it lost us the NFCC last year.....I hope it doesnt happen again....Defense will contain Aaron Rodgers......Offense is gonna tear it up with the run and play action (not scared of the DB's, or pass rush).....COME ON SPEACIAL TEAMS!!!!!!

Also, in the first game, Cobb's punt return for TD briefly shifted the momentum of the game back to the Packers. We need to clean that up.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Also, in the first game, Cobb's punt return for TD briefly shifted the momentum of the game back to the Packers. We need to clean that up.

u mean the block in the back yeah they cleaned up the replacement refs
I can see our Niners D showing up in this game. I have no doubts they can pressure Rodgers. Our pass coverage is more of a concern for me because their weapons are out in full effect, unlike the first game.

Luckily, their kicker is just as bad as ours. So that's a wash.

I'm real curious to see how GRo and Harbaugh will use our receiving core.

But I guess I'll say my biggest concern is the pass rush because I think that will be the biggest key to this game. It's what stopped Rodgers, Brady and Brees all season. (Well, we saw what happens when our pass rush breaks down with Brady and Rodgers who a lot seem to forget, were still in the game in Week 1)
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i cant believe people with our d top 5 (j smith is back) worried about them. do we not have the lowest passing yards per games and either 1 or 2 in points allowed? Our issue is will qb make rookie mistakes. The only downfall our d had was missing smith. He is back a 70% smith is better than rjf. So if colin doesnt make mistakes.... we win! And again if he does i will not blame him. He is a 2nd year qb with half a season under his belt. TIME MANAGEMENT IS KEY WHICH HE HAS BEEN VERY SUSPECT OF! Aldon with the rest, and j smith back will beast. IMHO its all on offensive playcalling and kap playing effecient while franky runs
[ Edited by fan49 on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I would say defense but it has to be special teams. We don't even know who's kicking FG's.
The DL..... Because if they win the game will be an easy W.....
Anytime you go up against an elite QB you worry about the defense.
The Karma Unit. That's the only unit that concerns me. That's the only thing that will stop us from winning the Superbowl.
Ginn can help us out big time with a kickoff return to the house!

D-line closely followed by special teams(kickers and coverage units).
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
The Karma Unit. That's the only unit that concerns me. That's the only thing that will stop us from winning the Superbowl.

Who is on that unit?
Originally posted by Muggins:
I would say defense but it has to be special teams. We don't even know who's kicking FG's.

Good point. Haven't heard anything on who won the kicking competition.
I am most concerned about Nelson vs. Rogers.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redpops:
I am most concerned about Nelson vs. Rogers.

I'd switch Culliver on Nelson

I am more comfortable with rogers on jennings and brown on cobb
[ Edited by VDSF on Jan 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone