LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 173 users in the forums

Which 49er Unit are you Most Concerned about Against GB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er Unit are you Most Concerned about Against GB?

special team -- like the coverage and the kicking
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
The packers are the patriots of the nfc, good offense with no run game and a mediocre defense, We will win and face the hawks the following week for payback
Carlos Rodgers
Originally posted by VDSF:
The packers are the patriots of the nfc, good offense with no run game and a mediocre defense, We will win and face the hawks the following week for payback

Exactly, and this is what I'm afraid of. Our defense will be on the field the entire game getting wore down by the end and we'll have nothing left for the following week. We need to own TOP in this game and keep Rodgers off the field. If our D is out there for 90+ snaps again we're screwed. Everyone loves this wide open shotgun offense but its taking its toll on the defense. We can't have 3 and outs and all this passing. It stops the clock and plays directly into the strengths of teams just like the Packers. They want a shootout. I DONT! I want ball control ground and pound. There is no way we make it to the superbowl playing the style of offense we've been playing. We have to face atleast two more wide open passing attacks to even get to the superbowl and then we'll have to face another. What was our TOP this season verses last season. Ball control is why our defense was so nasty last season. They always came in fresh.
never thought I'd say this but the D. Have you seen the lack of pass rush since Justin Smith went down? If Rodgers is allowed to sit back there and throw its going to be a long day.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense, but I'm most concerned about our QB above anything else.

Do you ever stop?
Randall Cobb
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense, but I'm most concerned about our QB above anything else.

Do you ever stop?
when did it become unlawful to have worries about a young quarterback in a big game? thin skin people. in answer to the posters question our defensive pass rush esp if justin is not 100 or even 75 per cent is my worry. second would be offensive line pass protection. But now that the pack has a running game to go with rogers it may be to much for our defense which has razor thin depth along the line and a suspect secondary to handle
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Defense? The 49ers defense has shown up against every one dimensional team we've faced this season. Packers, Saints, Patriots, Lions etc. Its the offense that I'm most concerned about. We never know which gameplan the 49ers are going to show up with. The only time the defense worries me more than the offense is against teams like Seattle, St. Louis, Minnesota etc. The ground and pound offenses. You know, the kind of offense we used to run and punish people with. Over the past few weeks Harbaugh and Roman have jumped on the bandwagon of latest trends and fads and now want us to be the Redskins. Kaep is NOT RGIII. This offense should still run through #21 IMO not #7.

the packers are not a one trick pony. they can run the ball and they have way more depth in the wide out department than we do. after crabs who scares you? 35 year moss,, jenkins for gods sake? our invisible tight ends?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Special teams ....Ginn, Akers ...enough said.

i can not believe they are going with akers and i can not believe they have dragged out this kicker competition thing to game week. they should have taken care of this thing in early december by signing kaeding. i hope when this year is over they draft a rookie and we start anew. i just hate to have this albatross hanging over us this week

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Do you ever stop?
when did it become unlawful to have worries about a young quarterback in a big game? thin skin people. in answer to the posters question our defensive pass rush esp if justin is not 100 or even 75 per cent is my worry. second would be offensive line pass protection. But now that the pack has a running game to go with rogers it may be to much for our defense which has razor thin depth along the line and a suspect secondary to handle

It isnt unlawful. However this guy never stops on the Kap bashing and the question was about the unit and not the player.

In my opinion the defense is the bigger concern. If they dont get a pass rush on Rodgers it could be a long day.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
QB period. We beat the pack in their house. With Alex. ... we lose now its probably because of bad time management or a rookie mistake by kap. I say rookie because I wouldn't be mad at him if it happened its in his young nature.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
suspect secondary? Aren't we top 5 in passing yards on d?
  • Jiks
VD is the key to the SB.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
This a team that beat Tom Brady who has more superbowls than Rodgers, I ain't scared i am pumped for this game and we will prevail, Talk is cheap on espn and nfl network, articles are fairy tale stories, What happens on the field is what matters, Stay focus and GO NINERS!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone