There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which 49er Unit are you Most Concerned about Against GB?

Which 49er Unit are you Most Concerned about Against GB?

Kicker so it's special teams.
Originally posted by calbear:
I find it interesting that we are more concerned about the Defense than the Offense, especially since this Defense is supposed to be one of the best in the game.

because lately our D is getting torched... but i am more worried against teams like seattle, they are vulnerable against offenses like that
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
What's wrong with that?

2nd year player in his first playoff game. Not to mention, he's only started half a season.

I'm kind of worried about Kaep's play as well.

I think that is a valid reason for your concern, but Kaepernick is a very good athlete and Harbaugh trusts him.
I find it interesting that we are more concerned about the Defense than the Offense, especially since this Defense is supposed to be one of the best in the game.

This defense is not the same without a healthy Justin Smith. I really hope he can contribute!!!!!!
David Akers, enough said.
I can narrow it down to one person (and surprise, it isn't Justin Smith): Vernon Davis. I do not get what's with this guy this season but he needs to step it up. It seems like he's just not giving it his all out there. Every other receiver on this team is playing his ass off and Colin can hit all of them, but with Vernon something always seems to go wrong. And its not just with Kap, people forget that he was like this with Alex too. We were all happy during the Bears game because it seemed like he was back, then he just disappeared again.

He's not even fully extending his arms for most balls, which end up hitting the dirt right in front of him. He's not running full speed like he used to, so he's not getting good separation. Then when he does, the first problem hits him.

I don't know if it's outside stuff or what but im not digging it. When he was talking about the catch 3 it really seemed like he was about himself too much, then you see that thing where Moss was chewing him out for whining after Walker scored. I might be just reading into it too much but its starting to overwhelmingly seem like he's just not committing himself 100%

I mean, I love Walker but he's not anywhere close to being as gifted as Vernon and he's outplaying him in every single aspect right now.

We've seen how deadly this offense CAN be without him, imagine how it would be WITH him.
And we need more screens and play actions out of the jumbo formation goddammit.
Defense? The 49ers defense has shown up against every one dimensional team we've faced this season. Packers, Saints, Patriots, Lions etc. Its the offense that I'm most concerned about. We never know which gameplan the 49ers are going to show up with. The only time the defense worries me more than the offense is against teams like Seattle, St. Louis, Minnesota etc. The ground and pound offenses. You know, the kind of offense we used to run and punish people with. Over the past few weeks Harbaugh and Roman have jumped on the bandwagon of latest trends and fads and now want us to be the Redskins. Kaep is NOT RGIII. This offense should still run through #21 IMO not #7.

Our defense has shown some poor play this season which is the concerning part. Our game against the Packers earlier this year wasn't a fluke, however the Packer team now is alot better than the one we faced in week 1. I'm not concerned about the defense as a whole, but I'm more concerned about the DLine keeping Rodgers contained and pressuring him. Not necessarily sack him but make him throw it before he wants to. The KEY to doing this, is Justin Smith. How effective can he be?!?!?! You know the packers are going to run at him to see how handles the injury. If they are successful at running at him, our LB's are going to have to help him which will open up the play action to Rodgers. If they are not successful at running at J Smith, our LB's can stay in coverage.

Our success in Week 1 is we are one of only few teams that can match up one-on-one and rely on the DL to pressure Rodgers. I just hope we can follow that same game plan. If we play zone and don't pressure Rodgers, say goodbye to the NFCCG.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
I can narrow it down to one person (and surprise, it isn't Justin Smith): Vernon Davis. I do not get what's with this guy this season but he needs to step it up. It seems like he's just not giving it his all out there. Every other receiver on this team is playing his ass off and Colin can hit all of them, but with Vernon something always seems to go wrong. And its not just with Kap, people forget that he was like this with Alex too. We were all happy during the Bears game because it seemed like he was back, then he just disappeared again.

He's not even fully extending his arms for most balls, which end up hitting the dirt right in front of him. He's not running full speed like he used to, so he's not getting good separation. Then when he does, the first problem hits him.

I don't know if it's outside stuff or what but im not digging it. When he was talking about the catch 3 it really seemed like he was about himself too much, then you see that thing where Moss was chewing him out for whining after Walker scored. I might be just reading into it too much but its starting to overwhelmingly seem like he's just not committing himself 100%

I mean, I love Walker but he's not anywhere close to being as gifted as Vernon and he's outplaying him in every single aspect right now.

We've seen how deadly this offense CAN be without him, imagine how it would be WITH him.

Probably doesn't want to injure himself by laying out or diving for catches. Alot of it to is he's being doubled or Kaep just doesn't see him. But Kaep better start looking because every team knows who Kaep looks at first now....Crabtree.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Defense unless we go full retard on punt returns

You neva go full retard...
Actually I'm more concerned abt our running game. Just haven't been as effective lately IMO. Our front 7 was gassed by the end of the year and we need them to be fresh.
[ Edited by Squidp on Jan 7, 2013 at 6:13 AM ]
Defense, because we don't know how healthy Justin Smith will be
Special teams ....Ginn, Akers ...enough said.
Pass rush specifically.