There are 201 users in the forums

For the last 10 years or so..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I haven't even thought of looking at a mock draft all year. Up until last year, I'd be searching high and low to see who everybody had us taking.
If anything, it put resolve in the Niner fanbase, and that old mantra of "bandwagon" fan that had been hanging with most of us was shed. The reality: most of us grew up during the dynasty era. Very few proud fans can claim homage to the Niners of the 60s/70s, so growing up trying to defend yourself a Niner faithful was tough, as it was easy to be labeled as someone who roots for a winning franchise.

Kudos to all those that stuck with the team through tough times. It makes our success NOW all that more sweeter.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Direct Thanks: Jed York, Trent Baalke, and Jim Harbaugh.

Indirect thanks to the crap-ness: Nolan, Singletary, and McCloughan.

Getting over the hump thanks: Jim Harbaugh for benching Alex for good.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
03-04............ 2-14, with both wins over arizona in OT........

Lol I remember back in the day where the only teams we could beat were in our division
The holding penalties on Kwame Harris. The OTA, training camp, and pre-season wonders like PJ Fleck, Thomas Clayton, and Kory Sheets

Roderick Green being signed for a week or 2, getting a sack or 2, then being cut.

Fans on Ninertalk complaining about lack of receiver development, then someone would defend Jerry Sullivan and tout his resume.

BTW, what season did the David Boston to the 49ers talk die down?
Can you guys imagine if we didn't win that game against Houston back in 2006? We could've picked Reggie Bush and not Vernon Davis.
If I read this last year then I would agree, but the way the team has stumbled into the playoffs as of late, I dont know how I'm feeling about them this year. I want them to make it to the superbowl, but I really dont want to tarnish our 5-0 record. Its tough to understand my feels.
Originally posted by Grifter420:
Can you guys imagine if we didn't win that game against Houston back in 2006? We could've picked Reggie Bush and not Vernon Davis.

We were also just ONE pick away from Tomlinson!
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
We had a pretty good mobile QB in Garcia, but otherwise agree. After losing him and TO, Rattay was our starter, Erickson was HC, Donahue was GM...sad, depressing times. Nice to make playoffs and have a winning record plus win the division like the good old days.

seems like a decade ago!oh wait lol

And that would do what good?

Originally posted by JeuSF49:

And that would do what good?

I think he is saying we prob would have drafted Bush and missed out on VD...Pretty sure he is basically saying thank god we won that game...haha
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
03-04............ 2-14, with both wins over arizona in OT........

Lol I remember back in the day where the only teams we could beat were in our division

'twas '04, not '03
Share 49ersWebzone