LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Parking in Candlestick playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
But does anyone know what time the bus leaves and how close it is to the wharf?
Originally posted by braap49er:
But does anyone know what time the bus leaves and how close it is to the wharf?

The stadium isn't close to the wharf at all.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
The stadium isn't close to the wharf at all.

I know but a bus takes you close to there. I was at the Monday night game last year and a bus took us close to the hotel, we took a cab to the game last time
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Does anyone know what time that round trip bus leaves to the stadium? I'm flying in from vegas and landing in Oakland at 1pm, and then going to take the bart system to my hotel. I'm staying close to the wharf, and how close is the bus to the wharf?

flying into oakland at 1 ON gameday??? Then still going to your hotel first? cuttin it close brotha.

Yea man! Haha I hear the bart only takes about 30 min to get close to the wharf, I'm bringing carry on so ill just head straight to the bart system. I'm coming with a greenbay fan... He's already getting cocky.

lol what happens if we end up hosting Washington or Seattle?
Originally posted by MILFS:
Stay in Union Square and take the 77x or 79x to the stadium. $12 for roundtrip tickets. Saves a ton of money, time, and headaches

Good luck you'll be waiting for 2 hours for the bus on the way back
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mroutes/3comsvc.htm

That's what I use whenever I go to games. Muni is the best option IMO - especially after the game.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 3, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Stay in Union Square and take the 77x or 79x to the stadium. $12 for roundtrip tickets. Saves a ton of money, time, and headaches

Good luck you'll be waiting for 2 hours for the bus on the way back

It only took us 45 minutes to get back into the city...
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Drive to the stadium from the city, DO NOT try and get off the 101 coming from the south. Last year for the NFCC I was coming up from Monterey, and I literally drove into the city, went down towards AT&T Park (via 16th), and took 3rd Street down towards the stick. Didn't hit one bit of traffic. There was a line of cars at least 2 miles long south of the stadium.

Once you're near the stadium on the north side, you can make your way towards that entrance where the dirt lots start. We parked in the very first one (cheapest), I think it was $40. $50 max. Not a bad walk, and on the way out, you're the closest to the exit. So all of the cars trying to get out of the parking lot have to wait while you lead the way out. Back through the city, hit the 101, and it was smooth sailing back south.

If you're coming from the north, this route is a no brainer.
Originally posted by ALLDONE:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Does anyone know what time that round trip bus leaves to the stadium? I'm flying in from vegas and landing in Oakland at 1pm, and then going to take the bart system to my hotel. I'm staying close to the wharf, and how close is the bus to the wharf?

flying into oakland at 1 ON gameday??? Then still going to your hotel first? cuttin it close brotha.

Yea man! Haha I hear the bart only takes about 30 min to get close to the wharf, I'm bringing carry on so ill just head straight to the bart system. I'm coming with a greenbay fan... He's already getting cocky.

lol what happens if we end up hosting Washington or Seattle?

lol he said he would cheer for the niners =) and its still a vacation.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
If you want to be in the main lot, which is a massive party 3 to 4 hours prior to game time, you need a yellow parking pass. If you don't have one by now, you'll have to get it from ebay, stub hub, craigslist, etc... They are expensive on those sites. I pay 30 as a season ticket holder from the 49ers. But if you like to party before the game, this is the place to be. That's likely why they resell for so much. I would park only in gates one or two areas, otherwise you'll be redirected through hunter's point after the game if you exit through gate 3. Also if you get there close to game time, an hour or so, it is hard to get a spot. Will take you 20-30 minutes. People are partying in all the free spots with canopies, bbqs, etc. Rules are not enforced.

If you don't want to party, you can park in the few lots before getting to the stick after getting off 101. Plenty of parking there, and it's about 30-40 bucks. There's even a great lot on the other side of 101 if you want to walk past all the post game traffic.

Then there's the dirt lots across from the main parking lot. They are a good option. Not quite as good an atmosphere as the main lot, but some good tailgating and parking is way easier to find close to game time. Problem is that you will for sure be directed to hunter's point after. Hunter's point doesn't seem all that dangerous, it just takes 3-4 times longer getting out that way. Getting back toward 101 is the key.

I flew in from London for last year's divisionals (I'm crazy, I know), and since I know by now how awful traffic and parking in Candlestick are I took the Muni for the first time ever. IMO, if the weather is nice (like it was that time, although it was Januaery) there is no better way. Going to the stadium is fast, and there are loads of buses to take you to the stadium from the tram stop. Going back is a bit different. You can take the bus to Gilman/Third again, but it takes forever. I walked. I know it's not the nicest looking neighbourhood in the universe, but everyone was so high after the win that the residents streamed out and were high fiving the fans. I felt safe. I'm also a very good walker, so the trek meant nothing to me.
[ Edited by paulk205 on Jan 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM ]
Originally posted by dwy621:
You'll need a parking pass to park in the main lot. They used to let you park in the main lot without a parking pass if you got there right when the gates opened but not sure about that now. The worst place to park is in the back dirt lot. They make you exit through hunters point and it takes forever. I would recommend just parking in the lots before the stadium. The walk is a little longer, but you won't have to deal with the traffic when you leave.

Does it cost to park in the back dirt? That ain't a problem.
Originally posted by RedRush7:
Originally posted by dwy621:
You'll need a parking pass to park in the main lot. They used to let you park in the main lot without a parking pass if you got there right when the gates opened but not sure about that now. The worst place to park is in the back dirt lot. They make you exit through hunters point and it takes forever. I would recommend just parking in the lots before the stadium. The walk is a little longer, but you won't have to deal with the traffic when you leave.

Does it cost to park in the back dirt? That ain't a problem.

I think it costs more to park there
How early is early to get into the main lot? Noon?
Originally posted by 49rfaithful:
How early is early to get into the main lot? Noon?

49ers Football Playoff Game On Saturday the San Francisco 49ers will host a divisional playoff game against the Green Bay Packers. The kickoff will take place at 5:15 p.m.

Gates to the parking lot will open at 1 p.m. and gates to the stadium will open at 3 p.m.

Motorists should expect delays on the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges and on US 101 near Candlestick Park for at least two hours before the start of the game and for at least two hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation or carpool. Drivers traveling between San Francisco and the San Francisco International Airport or San Jose can avoid delays by using the I-280 freeway instead of US 101. For current traffic information, please visit www.511.org.

Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles. For more information, please visit www.sfmta.com/football.

The Muni Express routes are Special Event Fare Services

· Adult fare: $12 roundtrip · Youth/Senior/Disabled fare: $10 roundtrip · Muni monthly pass, Passport or CityPass Special Event Add-on fare: $8 roundtrip (adult and discount pass holders)

The T Third Muni Metro line and the Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.

In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.

Customers can load their cards online at www.clippercard.com (please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station.

The SFMTA will provide free transfer to T Third customers to and from the game. Customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.

Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell Muni fares from 2 p.m. at the following locations:

· Balboa Park BART Station · Sutter Street/Sansome Street

Pre-game Service:

· 75X Candlestick Express - from Balboa Park BART · 77X Candlestick Express - from California and Van Ness · 78X Candlestick Express - from California and Funston · 79X Candlestick Express - from Sutter and Sansome · 86 Candlestick Shuttle - from Bacon and San Bruno · 87 Candlestick Shuttle - from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station

Post-game Service:

· 75X Candlestick Express - to Balboa Park BART · 77X Candlestick Express - to Van Ness and North Point · 78X Candlestick Express - to California and Funston · 79X Candlestick Express - to Kearny and Sutter · 86 Candlestick Shuttle - to Bacon and San Bruno · 87 Candlestick Shuttle - to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station

79X Candlestick Express Re-route

The southbound 79X Candlestick Express, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed all season due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:

· Sutter and Sansome · Sutter and Kearny · Mason and Geary · Cyril Magnin and Market · 5th Street and Mission · 5th Street and Howard · 5th Street and Folsom

The southbound buses will then travel express to Candlestick Park from 5th and Folsom. Northbound buses will remain on their regular route.

http://sfappeal.com/news/2013/01/weekend-traffic-and-transit-1.php
Share 49ersWebzone