Originally posted by 49rfaithful:
How early is early to get into the main lot? Noon?
49ers Football Playoff Game On Saturday the San Francisco 49ers will host a divisional playoff game against the Green Bay Packers. The kickoff will take place at 5:15 p.m.
Gates to the parking lot will open at 1 p.m. and gates to the stadium will open at 3 p.m.
Motorists should expect delays on the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges and on US 101 near Candlestick Park for at least two hours before the start of the game and for at least two hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation or carpool. Drivers traveling between San Francisco and the San Francisco International Airport or San Jose can avoid delays by using the I-280 freeway instead of US 101. For current traffic information, please visit www.511.org.
Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles. For more information, please visit www.sfmta.com/football.
The Muni Express routes are Special Event Fare Services
· Adult fare: $12 roundtrip · Youth/Senior/Disabled fare: $10 roundtrip · Muni monthly pass, Passport or CityPass Special Event Add-on fare: $8 roundtrip (adult and discount pass holders)
The T Third Muni Metro line and the Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.
Customers can load their cards online at www.clippercard.com
(please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station.
The SFMTA will provide free transfer to T Third customers to and from the game. Customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell Muni fares from 2 p.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station · Sutter Street/Sansome Street
· 75X Candlestick Express - from Balboa Park BART · 77X Candlestick Express - from California and Van Ness · 78X Candlestick Express - from California and Funston · 79X Candlestick Express - from Sutter and Sansome · 86 Candlestick Shuttle - from Bacon and San Bruno · 87 Candlestick Shuttle - from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express - to Balboa Park BART · 77X Candlestick Express - to Van Ness and North Point · 78X Candlestick Express - to California and Funston · 79X Candlestick Express - to Kearny and Sutter · 86 Candlestick Shuttle - to Bacon and San Bruno · 87 Candlestick Shuttle - to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
79X Candlestick Express Re-route
The southbound 79X Candlestick Express, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed all season due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:
· Sutter and Sansome · Sutter and Kearny · Mason and Geary · Cyril Magnin and Market · 5th Street and Mission · 5th Street and Howard · 5th Street and Folsom
The southbound buses will then travel express to Candlestick Park from 5th and Folsom. Northbound buses will remain on their regular route.