There are 193 users in the forums

Parking in Candlestick playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hello all:

I have not been to the stick in a while. Therefore, I was wondering is the parking lot fee still $25 for automobile? Also, parking passes are expensive and I was wondering what are the benefits of purchasing a parking pass that varies $115..

-49ers succeed in the Superbowl.-
  • Chico
  • Veteran
$30 for parking last time i went which was first game of season against Lions. Park on South side, gate 2...easier to get in & out of stadium through 101 - leaving around the back side will add 2 hours to your drive.
Where's Stoney when you need him? He would know...
Ok, so I don't have to pay $115 average just to park right? Walking is not an issue for my family and I but I'm not going to leave my car at Hunter's point.
Originally posted by RedRush7:
Ok, so I don't have to pay $115 average just to park right? Walking is not an issue for my family and I but I'm not going to leave my car at Hunter's point.

Parking during the playoffs is another issue entirely. I would PM Stoney. He goes to all the home games. He'll tell you what you need to know.

Edit: *** And I wouldn't go walking through Hunter's Point either...
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM ]
You'll need a parking pass to park in the main lot. They used to let you park in the main lot without a parking pass if you got there right when the gates opened but not sure about that now. The worst place to park is in the back dirt lot. They make you exit through hunters point and it takes forever. I would recommend just parking in the lots before the stadium. The walk is a little longer, but you won't have to deal with the traffic when you leave.
Stay in Union Square and take the 77x or 79x to the stadium. $12 for roundtrip tickets. Saves a ton of money, time, and headaches
You will be lucky to get a parking pass for 30 bucks. They don't sell them outside anymore (49er staff doesn't). You will end up having to buy from a fellow fan and they can charge whatever they want.
I dont have pricing information, so I apologize, but there are many places to park without having to walk through Hunter's Point:

• Main Lot. Need a parking pass, but there are always some available for sale on Craiglist or from a scalper standing on the freeway offramp. They wont be cheap though.
  • Small lots on the way into Candlestick where the businesses are. Not too far of a walk. These are typically a little cheaper than the main lot prices.
  • Dirt lot and Recreation area on the East side of stadium. Not sure prices but I know the dirt lot is huge. The Recreation area tends to fill up fairly quick though, so arrive early. Parking in the back of the dirt lot is a bit of a walk to the Stadium gates, but shouldnt take more than about 10 or so minutes. If my memory serves me correct, the price of the dirt lot is the same as the retail price of a parking pass.
  • Street parking on west side of 101. This will be your longest walk. Will probably take you 20 minutes to walk from the car to the Stadium, but if you get there early enough you can find free parking.

Sorry this is sort of vague, but hope it helps even a little bit.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by MILFS:
Stay in Union Square and take the 77x or 79x to the stadium. $12 for roundtrip tickets. Saves a ton of money, time, and headaches

that's what im saying. SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER.

Or take the bart, get off of balboa, and take shuttle to game. SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER if you don't mind crowds of people.

Does anyone know what time that round trip bus leaves to the stadium? I'm flying in from vegas and landing in Oakland at 1pm, and then going to take the bart system to my hotel. I'm staying close to the wharf, and how close is the bus to the wharf?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by braap49er:
Does anyone know what time that round trip bus leaves to the stadium? I'm flying in from vegas and landing in Oakland at 1pm, and then going to take the bart system to my hotel. I'm staying close to the wharf, and how close is the bus to the wharf?

flying into oakland at 1 ON gameday??? Then still going to your hotel first? cuttin it close brotha.
Anyone know what time gates open sat
Originally posted by 49ersFan:
Anyone know what time gates open sat

i think 3-4 hrs before kickoff i believe.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by braap49er:

flying into oakland at 1 ON gameday??? Then still going to your hotel first? cuttin it close brotha.

Yea man! Haha I hear the bart only takes about 30 min to get close to the wharf, I'm bringing carry on so ill just head straight to the bart system. I'm coming with a greenbay fan... He's already getting cocky.
Share 49ersWebzone