LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 149 users in the forums

what happened to the jet fly play

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i saw wisconsin running this jet fly (receiver goes in motion towards qb and at snap takes handoff without breaking stride) and ot occurred to me that the niners ran it alot this year, but i havent seen it run much this year....maybe they dont trust ginn jr anymore
We've faked it a few times but yea it worked well last year.. Maybe we'll see it again in the playoffs
Something we'll see once Jenkins gets his NFL feet wet. Maybe LaMichael too because of his speed.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
We've faked it a few times but yea it worked well last year.. Maybe we'll see it again in the playoffs

Stay away from this play
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Stay away from this play

Why? The Fly Sweep was pretty effective for us last year. I'd love to see it once or twice a game.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Stay away from this play

Why? The Fly Sweep was pretty effective for us last year. I'd love to see it once or twice a game.

Just asking for a turnover...maybe if we are up by 2/3 scores

Stay away from this play

It's a handoff. Not a pitch. I think our guys can manage that. lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Stay away from this play

lol I honestly blame it on the fact that Ginn is obviously not in favor of the coaches due to his lack of playing time and Ginn has injured his knee or ankle twice on that play because the defender giving chase just dives at his ankles to make the tackle.

Stay away from this play

Center and QB exchange used to be an absent thought...could be some rain in the future
I say we use it with Ginn in the playoff game. I'm sure there are a handful of new plays the coaching staff has been saving for the playoffs.

Also a good way to get Ginn/Jenkins involved in the offense because we're gonna need one/both of them.

You can't build a whole offense around it but I wouldn't mind seeing some more of it.
We better be saving that play plus the screens for the playoffs
The play was almost always a 10+ yard game. Both Ginn and Williams ran it successfully during the season. We only ran it maybe 1 or 2 times every 2 games, but I thought it was a good change of pass play to make sure the defense isn't sleeping. Nonetheless, the defense might be analyzing too much when we are running in motion, maybe selling out to one side and we run it the other way.

I loved the play. No idea why we went away from it. I'd like to see it come back, but sparingly.
Originally posted by hofer36:
i saw wisconsin running this jet fly (receiver goes in motion towards qb and at snap takes handoff without breaking stride) and ot occurred to me that the niners ran it alot this year, but i havent seen it run much this year....maybe they dont trust ginn jr anymore

Ya I'm not so sure they trust Ginn so much anymore. He scares the crap outta me now every time the ball is in the air on it's way to him on a punt. Even his fair catches don't look too solid..
Share 49ersWebzone