There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Fangio leaves, who would you want at DC?

If Fangio leaves, who would you want at DC?

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

LMAO.
Crennel would work as he runs a variant of the 3-4 but former Patriots coaches scare me, don't usually do all that great overall.
If we want to stay inside the organization, tomsula. If we want someone new, Crennel. He isn't head coach material but he does deliver a mean defense
Was Horton and the entire staff let go in Az with Whisenhunt? He's done pretty good there considering the entire organization and fan base suck
Don't think Fangio goes.
Originally posted by Sourball:
Was Horton and the entire staff let go in Az with Whisenhunt? He's done pretty good there considering the entire organization and fan base suck

No, Horton and the entire defensive staff were retained. Horton was given a head coach interview with the Cardinals today, he has multiple other interviews scheduled as well. I'm sure some of that is going to be the usual "Rooney Rule" jerking around that happens, but I fully believe there are a few teams that would be highly interested in having him as a head coach, what he's done with the Arizona defense has been very impressive.
Originally posted by English:
Don't think Fangio goes.

This. Tomsula has a better chance of leaving IMO. I've seen a good 15 or 16 potential head coaching candidates mentioned for various jobs and Fangio hasn't been mentioned a single time.
John Pagano would be alright.

But the thought of Fangio leaving really pisses me off.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I like the Ed Donatell or Tomsula routes. I really don't want to loose Tomsula, but always like DB coaches for DC.

Moot point
Somebody create the "If Seely leaves, who would you want as ST coach" thread
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Rex Ryan (soon to be gired NYJ coach)

Im lauhgin hard to this his face is like you want me to gire him, aight then, Il handle it
I would Promote Donatell or tomsula if they think tomsula can handle it.

From outside i would like Romeo Crennel. He is well liked by players, and is a pretty solid DC.
I wonder if JH really wants fangio back. If not, tomsula, donatell, and would love to have Lovie, but he will get another HC job soon. fangio has good games, and then not so good. His main problem is he won't blitz, even when blitzes are crying out to happen. That is a way to coach conservatively, not aggressively, and not to win a SB. He likes prevent D, and we all saw what that did in ten minutes in NE. It got us scored on by 28 pts. nah, if fangio leaves, isn't going to hurt my feelings. Thing is, rarely do DCs take over for HC. We did it with noln, and we know how that worked out. OTher DCs, like wade phillips, are great dCs, just not HCs.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I wonder if JH really wants fangio back. If not, tomsula, donatell, and would love to have Lovie, but he will get another HC job soon. fangio has good games, and then not so good. His main problem is he won't blitz, even when blitzes are crying out to happen. That is a way to coach conservatively, not aggressively, and not to win a SB. He likes prevent D, and we all saw what that did in ten minutes in NE. It got us scored on by 28 pts. nah, if fangio leaves, isn't going to hurt my feelings. Thing is, rarely do DCs take over for HC. We did it with noln, and we know how that worked out. OTher DCs, like wade phillips, are great dCs, just not HCs.

Bill Belichick
Mike Tomlin
Pete Carroll
John Fox
Jeff Fisher
Mike Smith
Leslie Frazier

all disagree with you....amongst others.
Mike Nolan