LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're gonna keep Akers for 50+ kicks and extra points, then use Cundiff on 30-40 yd kicks, and we'll just flip a coin on anything below.

Jim is a genius, 2 kicker system, it's never been done before.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're gonna keep Akers for 50+ kicks and extra points, then use Cundiff on 30-40 yd kicks, and we'll just flip a coin on anything below.

Your crazy, Snake.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Your crazy, Snake.

thats not a terrible idea

not sure if serious...
Originally posted by mayo49:

Your crazy, Snake.

we going with the hot foot
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Right and i'm sure Akers misses all the time in practice

Not much pressure kicking in practice.
Akers-Cundiff will soon be the most prolific kicker duo in NFL history! Co-SuperBowl MVPs!
This should be fun...
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I want an entire scouting team devoted to searching the nation for the best kicker and spending a 4th round pick on him. This kicking competition is something out of an Adam Sandler movie.

The kicker from Nebraska might be worth checking out. He can pull double duty. He can punt and kick field goals.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Right and i'm sure Akers misses all the time in practice

Not much pressure kicking in practice.
I think that's the point of having them compete. Yes, not as hard as a game, but harder than just practicing.

f**k. I was hoping we'd sign Jose Cortez
David Akers has nothing to worry about. Billy Cundiff poses no serious threat to Akers job. This is to shake loose whatever it is in the dead of Akers.
harbaugh does it again!

genius
kicking game cant get any worse thats for sure
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I want an entire scouting team devoted to searching the nation for the best kicker and spending a 4th round pick on him. This kicking competition is something out of an Adam Sandler movie.

I agree, time to invest in a young stud kicker in the draft. I'll be doing my homework on it leading up to the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone