LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Andy Lee got screwed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thomas Morestead got the pro bowl nod, yet Lee was much better.

Lee: 67 punts, 43.2 net, inside20 36, TB 4

Morestead: 74 punts, 43.2 net, inside20 20, TB 6

Same net (led NFL), Lee had 2 less touchbacks and SIXTEEN more inside 20's.

You have to unseat the King to overtake his pro bowl spot! Snubbed i tell you!

Also, Shane Lechler took a huge dump this year....awful season.

Lechler: 81 punts, 39.0 net (20th best), 21 inside20 (27th best), 9 touchbacks (worst in the nfl).
What are we talking about? The punter!? Who cares he's gonna miss it anyway, even if he was selected.
Just more motivation for Andy. I would hate to be the opposing punt returner the next time Andy kicks.
Originally posted by CrazyBob:
Just more motivation for Andy. I would hate to be the opposing punt returner the next time Andy kicks.

This
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Its because 2 or 3 weeks ago Morestead was on pace to break Andy's yardage record he set last year. That is the sole reason why, but yes in the big picture Andy Lee is a better punter.
we should all get Andy Lee jerseys!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am sure Andy would rather have a Super Bowl ring than another Pro Bowl visit.
Andy Lee is the man. Been a 49er for a while now and has always balled out at punter. He is so key to our teams success. Field position is huge. We must appreciate having the greatest punter in the game!
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
What are we talking about? The punter!? Who cares he's gonna miss it anyway, even if he was selected.

If I'm not mistaken, he still gets credit for being selected even if he can't go due to the Super Bowl. He got boned.

Hopefully he makes all pro though.
There was a time when Andy Lee was our only Pro Bowl selection. Anyone remember those days? I do.

I'm sure Andy will get over it.

I think this is a product of the fact that we have so many PB's already so Lee was cut out
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Lee didn't make the probowl?? I just figured it was automatic for him. most consistently awesome punter in the league. WTF!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There was a time when Andy Lee was our only Pro Bowl selection. Anyone remember those days? I do.

I'm sure Andy will get over it.

Lee's been there enough, he'll be ok, even if he did deserve it.
Andy Lee=GOAT

He dun curr
I just like the right players to get the credit. Theres still hope for getting the All-Pro.

Lee has been such a huge benefit for the Niners over the years. We used to switch punters like every year, and now weve had the best in the business for 9 years, and hes locked up for another 6. To hold a job with 1 NFL team for 15+ years, and be top 3 the entire time? Its a shame punters dont get HOF consideration.
Share 49ersWebzone