There are 229 users in the forums

If no SB, Is this Season considered a Bust!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If no SB, Is this Season considered a Bust!

• Jiks
Bust no. Disappointment yes.
We are not even playing like a playoff team, let alone a SB contender. We will need a ton of lucky breaks to beat any of the teams in the playoffs right now.

Seattle is playing how we should be playing.
Originally posted by susweel:
No

After 8 years of losing I have changed my opinion on what a successful season is. A winning record and making it to the playoffs is now a successful season for me. A super bowl win is a cherry on top that only one team can claim.

Well stated.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Bust no. Disappointment yes.

+2..This is a hard year to judge as from a record stanpoint, with a win v AZ,the Niners are pretty much where you would expect. A repeat of last years 13-3 was a bit of a long shot, as the team had all the breaks go their way. However, the manner in wich this team will/may get to 11-4-1 is a bit troubling. I can't recall a SB team that has had as many let down moments.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
at the start of the year, that was a popular notion and many went so far as to say that if we do not win the super bowl alex should be gone. I am just wondering what those people are saying now. I got over the super bowl or bust montra many years ago. I used to carry it proudly during the glory days but our ten year run of poor play slapped the arrogance right out of me. being a consistent playoff team is more important and more importantly i do not like to see our team regress which i feel is what they have done this year in many areas.
49er's still do not have the right pieces together. They don't have a dominating offense and the defense have difficulties with mobile quarterbacks as evident by the losses to the Vikings and the Seahawks, but they're headed in the right direction.

Like one of the posters said " After having several years of losing, it's refreshing to finally have some winning seasons" . Hopefully they can get the final pieces together within a couple of years or the defense will get too old.

Like one of the sportscasters once said " the West is the new Black and Blue Division". It gets tougher from here on, but if they can win the West, they've got a shot at taking it all.

Right now, we can just wish for the best.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
at the start of the year, that was a popular notion and many went so far as to say that if we do not win the super bowl alex should be gone. I am just wondering what those people are saying now. I got over the super bowl or bust montra many years ago. I used to carry it proudly during the glory days but our ten year run of poor play slapped the arrogance right out of me. being a consistent playoff team is more important and more importantly i do not like to see our team regress which i feel is what they have done this year in many areas.

As much as they've regressed in some areas, I really see them lighting up the NFL next year assuming the offensive issues can get worked out and hopefully they can have someone else besides Roman calling plays. If this offense can become consistent and able to move the ball well against better defenses, they'll go far.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Yes!
7-9
2-14
4-12
7-9
5-11
7-9
8-8
6-10
13-3

No, we're not a bust if we don't win the Super Bowl.
Absolutely. It looks like this is our last hope for at least awhile. Teams are only going to get better at beating us. Our division is getting tougher. Last year was really our year we should have gotten it then. Seriously though if not this year it will only become harder and harder.

• titan
  • Veteran
With the team we have and the way we were playing, this season is a bust if we don't win the SB.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Absolutely. It looks like this is our last hope for at least awhile. Teams are only going to get better at beating us. Our division is getting tougher. Last year was really our year we should have gotten it then. Seriously though if not this year it will only become harder and harder.

Are you high? We have one of the best teams in the league, and one of the youngest teams in the league. Yeah, it will never be as easy as it was last year. But our window of opportunity is wide open.
Ok everyone, it's game time.

and before this game, it's 66% yes it's a bust if we dont win, and 34% that we wont win it out of 143 votes.

some said this should of been made after the game, and trust me. i cant wait to see what it becomes after todays game.

Go Niners, and talk to u guys in here after the game.
Yes

But I want be disappointed I am use to it by now. Also, just happy we made it to the playoffs 2 years in a row.....
Alright we are playoff bound. So do you guys feel the same way now.

Take 2 after the Cards game:)
Share 49ersWebzone