LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ers will ride their running game for as far as they go.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This team will return to a bruising style of football in the playoffs. They have gone away from their proven recipe for winning to conserve their health and to allow Kapernick to grow into an NFL quarterback. They will ride Gore as far as they can go. They absolutely can not allow their defense to be on the field for more than half the game.
We can only hope. Of course, I might be more confident if Hunter were available. Lets hope LMJ becomes more of a threat on offense. He's gotten better each week.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
We can only hope. Of course, I might be more confident if Hunter were available. Lets hope LMJ becomes more of a threat on offense. He's gotten better each week.

Hunter being out hurts. Hopefully LMJ can get going, and even Dixon can get into the mix as well, stop stutter-stepping and dancing and hit the hole hard each and every time he gets the ball.

He has gotten better at the return game but his running has been about the same each game. 3.8; 3.9; 3.8 average about 3.8 Gores #'s are also down. Coincident I think not has a lot to do with the crappy college pistol Harbaugh and Roman have decided to run for some unknown reason.
We MUST get a real Red Zone game plan.
Conserve our health? What season have you been watching? We're riddled with injuries.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Conserve our health? What season have you been watching? We're riddled with injuries.

He speaks of the running backs mostly Gore.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

He has gotten better at the return game but his running has been about the same each game. 3.8; 3.9; 3.8 average about 3.8 Gores #'s are also down. Coincident I think not has a lot to do with the crappy college pistol Harbaugh and Roman have decided to run for some unknown reason.

I watched the New England drives again and the offense was set more in traditional formations than the pistol. They used it a few times but not as many as I remembered.

I'm wondering if Harbaugh and Roman did it to avoid anymore fumbles from the center exchange. Hopefully they go back to the traditional sets this coming week. They can't avoid those formations in the playoffs or we will get killed.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We MUST get a real Red Zone game plan.

This is most important. Redzone efficiency must improve. Cant rely on the kick game.

Also have to sustain drives.
Share 49ersWebzone