There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

That sucks.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Partially torn could mean a whole range of severity. I'll hold out hope that he will be ready to go in 3 to 4 weeks
i like our team but i think we will not be playing in 3 or 4 weeks. with no justin i barely give us a chance to win a first round game at home. a bye would lift my spirits but every f**king time we want someone to help us, it does not happen

huh? if we get 2nd seed it would have been 4 weeks rest for him. If we end up with 3rd seed it will be 3 weeks rest
Just amputate the arm. It will only make him more slippery and nimble
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I agree that the defense was just tired last week.

I am more concerned with the loss of Manningham, Williams and Hunter. Our WRs corp is just as thin as it was at the end of last year. Hoping Jenkins can step up but not really expecting much.

thinner yes but not as thin as last year we have Crabs, Moss and our first round pick. Jenkins has barley played but the same was true about LMJ before he was forced into action by Hunters injury and Jacobs being an idiot. Last year we had Crabs and Swain so we're not nearly as bad off.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Isn't this the same injury that forced Jeff Ulbrich into early retirement?
He's done for the season....I don't see how the team can ask him to play on that when Haralson is out for the season for essentially the same thing.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
He's done for the season....I don't see how the team can ask him to play on that when Haralson is out for the season for essentially the same thing.

I hope not if he is im kissing our SB hopes goodbye
Originally posted by kray28:

I don't know if he will be back for playoffs or not but the injury to Parys was a full tear, Smith's is a partial. So not quite as severe.
Originally posted by KegBert:
I don't know if he will be back for playoffs or not but the injury to Parys was a full tear, Smith's is a partial. So not quite as severe.

That thing is not going to heal in 2-3 weeks....even if we miraculously got the bye back, I don't see him being able to go in 2 weeks, and we'd need him against basically all of the NFC contenders.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Any chance we see Ian Williams activated this weekend and let Sopoaga slide to Justin's spot occasionally?
I think he will be able to play.

I partially tore my biceps tendon and went and had surgery done, but I was told that if I did not have surgery done and rested for 2-4 weeks the bicep would reattach to the bone. However I would never have full strength in the muscle without surgery.

Adrian Wilson and Cooper (San Diego Chargers) both partially tore their biceps tendon a year ago and Adrian played the whole season, while Cooper tore his and played next week wearing the same brace I used.

Bicep tendons and tricep tendons are different, but if he only partially tore one head of tricep tendon which there are 3, he should be able to play, especially if they get the bye.
We need that damn bye!! C'mon Vikings!!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Wont happen packers gonna smash. We need to worry about winning next week first and foremost.
Everyone needs to chill the f**k out! There's still a shot he'll come back and play!!
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Wont happen packers gonna smash. We need to worry about winning next week first and foremost.

The Pack only won by nine points in their first game against Minnesota at Lambeau Field