There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Exactly, which is why I think he plays, as well. -They're gonna rig him up with J.J. Watt's mechanical arm brace (with plating over the elbow) so it doesn't get hit/extend.

Getting the #2 seed will obviously only help Smith's chances of playing more effectively in the playoffs. I know he's playing, and I'm mad happy about it, but the only thing I and prob a lot of ppl here worry about is, how effective he will be and unfortunately the high chance of him re-injuring his bicep/shoulder. Odds will really be against him (surviving and playing well) if we don't get the #2 seed and have to play in the Wildcard.

Here's to us giving him mad pain killers and him defying the odds and wreaking havoc on opposing QB's/RB's whether we get the Bye or not.
does he really have a shot at playing after the bye? i thought it was an 11 week thing?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
does he really have a shot at playing after the bye? i thought it was an 11 week thing?

Cowboy said he is playing... he is playing
Originally posted by HoRneR:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Cowboy said he is playing... he is playing
f**k yeah!!!
hes the main reason why i wanted the bye. cowboy up!
Originally posted by Toronto49er:

The DLine needs him. Aldon Smith needs him.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

This. he is probably the single most important player on our team. He cannot be replaced.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

One thing that will be overlooked is how fresh he will be coming back. His elbow may not be as strong but his legs will be fresh. Can't wait!
Originally posted by Antix:
This. he is probably the single most important player on our team. He cannot be replaced.

David Akers disagrees with you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

that was proven yesterday. i had feared aldon is only good when justin is out there
Originally posted by cciowa:

that was proven yesterday. i had feared aldon is only good when justin is out there

I dont know about going that far. I just dont think RJF for all his good qualities really demands the attention needed to free up an OLB to rush the passer. He just isnt stout enough to allow Aldon to go one on one. They man up on RJF and make Aldon face the double...which means unless he gets them with speed or the bring him on a stunt its a losing equation.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I dont know about going that far. I just dont think RJF for all his good qualities really demands the attention needed to free up an OLB to rush the passer. He just isnt stout enough to allow Aldon to go one on one. They man up on RJF and make Aldon face the double...which means unless he gets them with speed or the bring him on a stunt its a losing equation.
ok. how about if i say justin makes everyone better on the d line and maybe we have seen that a little bit with aldon?
I have now idea how he's going to play like that. I don't know how a torn tricep feels but I'm sure it's about 100% more painful than benching with sore ass tris..

I don't know what kind of killers and cortis' they are going to give this guy, but whatevs.

His job relies on pushing and that uses all of your triceps.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I have now idea how he's going to play like that. I don't know how a torn tricep feels but I'm sure it's about 100% more painful than benching with sore ass tris..

I don't know what kind of killers and cortis' they are going to give this guy, but whatevs.

They're saying it isn't a torn tricep...it's a partially torn tricep tendon with a small piece of bone from a bone spur.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

They're saying it isn't a torn tricep...it's a partially torn tricep tendon with a small piece of bone from a bone spur.

that sounds effed up to say the least.