There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

He will rub some dirt on it and be good as new
http://www.sportsmd.com/SportsMD_Articles/id/317.aspx]

medical info of a torn tricep
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM ]
I seriously doubt he plays again this season. This isn't a "play through the pain" injury. It renders your arm completely useless.

Sucks.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I seriously doubt he plays again this season. This isn't a "play through the pain" injury. It renders your arm completely useless.

Sucks.

Exactly. Thats why I posted the link. Cowboy has to take care of himself and get healthy.
Hello Balke, sign someone already. We need Bodies. Anyone on the FA list we can bring in if nothing else?
Can Bryant Young still play? Bet he'd be willing to give it a shot.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

It seems there are 2 different reports. Matt Maoicco report claims that according to the 49ers, Justin Smith had a bone spur attached to the tricep tendon (NOT the muscle). The spur became detached and partially tore the tendon, not the muscle. Hence, this is different from the Haralson injury where he tore his muscle. As a medical student, I think the injury with a better prognosis is Smith's and probably why he is not placed on IR.
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Dec 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

It seems there are 2 different reports. Matt Maoicco report claims that according to the 49ers, Justin Smith had a bone spur attached to the tricep tendon (NOT the muscle). The spur became detached and partially tore the tendon, not the muscle. Hence, this is different from the Haralson injury where he tore his muscle. As a medical student, I think the injury with a better prognosis is Smith's and probably why he is not placed on IR.

hope so...he did try and come back and play in the Pats game after x-rays....
f**k
This is why I hate Kyle Williams. He ruined our one perfect chance at a SB. Unless you have an ELITE QB, you won't contend year in and year out. Things don't always go your way every year. Last year, it was OURS for the taking.
The world should have ended on the 21st so I could avoid this news.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
This is why I hate Kyle Williams. He ruined our one perfect chance at a SB. Unless you have an ELITE QB, you won't contend year in and year out. Things don't always go your way every year. Last year, it was OURS for the taking.

Although I agree that Kyle Williams' play pretty much single handedly gifted the Giants the 10 points it took to get the game in overtime and win, I just don't want to hear of anymore of us going on twitter and doing what we did to Kyle Williams and David Akers any more. Fan disappointment is going to happen for certain but we need to internalize our evil thoughts amongst ourselves (not referring to your honest statement but the crazy death threats directed towards players) or people we can safely confide in but threatening the lives of our very own players through social media is unacceptable and a tad bit too dangerous for my taste. I am sure that none of us were a culprit and I hope that we never become one. I just hope that we pull through this adversity with Justin Smith and others out and that the guys remaining can put up a valiant fight and somehow get the job done. I admit I was cursing him pretty good for a few moments after both those plays while watching my television but I am relieved that my words did not fall upon his ears and that I did not do something as foolish as to issue him a death threat directly. I firmly believe that if he doesn't err on those plays we would have stopped NE but they would not have stopped us. We get back Ginn and Delanie is fully healthy, last years Pats don't beat us
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Yes #6 was there for the taking. Little s**t just has to field it clean n we win...
JS just should take some HGH or some type of PED's to heal and then just postpone the suspensions if he fails a drug test...seems like the norm for Seattle
The cowboy will play in the playoffs. BOOK IT.