There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Practice-squad receiver may move on up

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
We may move up a PR guy, but he will not shut up, AJ will see some action, and we will see what we drafted.

The 49ers can has loud-mouthed Puerto Ricans??????
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maltz88:
As a hawks fan, I was severely disappointed to see the rocket go to San Fran. If he puts it all together, he could be an amazing WR!

Just hate to see him do it in a 49er uniform!

there are many of us who thought a nice pass rusher would have fit the bill in that spot. if a practice wide out we activate gets more reps and plays than our first round draft choice, well i just do not know
Originally posted by cciowa:
there are many of us who thought a nice pass rusher would have fit the bill in that spot. if a practice wide out we activate gets more reps and plays than our first round draft choice, well i just do not know

I was on the Fleener bandwagon but I also thought a 3-4 DE like Reyes or Wolfe would have been appropriate and sorely needed at this time. Then again if Jenkins comes in and lights the world up, all will be forgiven, I just don't like the strategy of drafting guys that won't contribute for basically the entire first year, its not so urgent that you can bench a guy all year, then maybe they should have addressed another position of need.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I was on the Fleener bandwagon but I also thought a 3-4 DE like Reyes or Wolfe would have been appropriate and sorely needed at this time. Then again if Jenkins comes in and lights the world up, all will be forgiven, I just don't like the strategy of drafting guys that won't contribute for basically the entire first year, its not so urgent that you can bench a guy all year, then maybe they should have addressed another position of need.
did the coaches actually think we would not have injuries this year. they knew our depth on the defensive line was razor thin, they knew our depth and pass protection was s**t last year and thier solution was to draft a kid with a broken foot. i am still pissed about our lack of depth at linebacker but i guess i will throw them a bone and say they did draft two guys who got hurt . however I think they could have gotten a better pass rusher with the number one or two pick. that is not monday morning quarterbacking. It was a big need then just as it is now. same can be said for the offensive line. You can spin it anyway you want but it was a lousy draft overall in my opinion
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
We may move up a PR guy, but he will not shut up, AJ will see some action, and we will see what we drafted.

The 49ers can has loud-mouthed Puerto Ricans??????

LOL, stupid Puerto Rican computer, and it's Puerto Rican Spell Check! I ment PS guy, like piece of s**t guy!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
BTW, the article only talked about one of those guys being on the ROSTER as opposed to the practice squad.

Jenkins has been on the roster all year. He'll be active this week.

Big difference, but the Lockette kid seems intriguing. Too bad we weren't able to hold onto Napalm or Owusu. Oh well.

Well, do you think its Jenkins' draft status keeping him on the team or his talent?

If Jenkins were a 6th round pick, would he still even be here? I'm not sure. But if you can't move ahead of Ginn and an old worn out Moss in the depth chart, i dunno what to say.