There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 17 and beyond - CALL YOUR SHOT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!

• Antix
  • Veteran
We gotta get the bye. Its more important this year than last. no bye no SB imo. I'm rooting hard for the Vikes.

We need to get healthy. We get the bye we win the SB regardless of who we play imo
Originally posted by SJniner7:
This is under the assumption that we win, GB wins, chicago, Redskins and seattle wins this weekend.

SF vs. Chicago - I like this matchup and think we win handily
SEA vs. Redskins - Seattle puts up a good fight, but RG3 shows Mr. 5'10" why a QB height is important.

SF vs. GB - I like the matchup, but think we struggle in cold Green Bay in December. I do not like this matchup, since GB seems to be hitting their stride right in time for the playoffs
Redskins vs. Atlanta - RG3 puts a good show on display again and drops a blowout on Atlanta. Atlanta creeps back near the end, but not enough to win the game.

GB vs. Redskins - GB closes the game by the end of the first half and rests some starters in the 4th quarter.

GB vs. Denver - Peyton Manning gets his second Super Bowl, takes some huge hits and decides to retire.
I like this, except that I think Minnesota wins at home over GB.

Meaning that we get the bye, and GB gets to host Seattle at GB????

I'd love to watch GB beat up Seattle in the playoffs!!!! They owe Seattle, big time.

Revenge is a dish best served cold--and it will be cold in GB.

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
This is under the assumption that we win, GB wins, chicago, Redskins and seattle wins this weekend.

SF vs. Chicago - I like this matchup and think we win handily
SEA vs. Redskins - Seattle puts up a good fight, but RG3 shows Mr. 5'10" why a QB height is important.

SF vs. GB - I like the matchup, but think we struggle in cold Green Bay in December. I do not like this matchup, since GB seems to be hitting their stride right in time for the playoffs
Redskins vs. Atlanta - RG3 puts a good show on display again and drops a blowout on Atlanta. Atlanta creeps back near the end, but not enough to win the game.

GB vs. Redskins - GB closes the game by the end of the first half and rests some starters in the 4th quarter.

GB vs. Denver - Peyton Manning gets his second Super Bowl, takes some huge hits and decides to retire.
I like this, except that I think Minnesota wins at home over GB.

Meaning that we get the bye, and GB gets to host Seattle at GB????

I'd love to watch GB beat up Seattle in the playoffs!!!! They owe Seattle, big time.

Revenge is a dish best served cold--and it will be cold in GB.

THIS!!!!!
Seattle will probably be the no. 5 seed, so they'll play at Washington/Dallas. If the rams upset them, and the Vikings win, then maybe they'll play at GB.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Dec 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM ]
Great thread.
I agree, I think the football Gods will give everybody their GB/Seattle revenge game at some point in January.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:
No it won't. Expecting the Vikings to win is a long shot. All I care is if we win on Sunday and clinch the division. Go from there.

Yea. 5 of the past 7 super bowl champs had no bye.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Seattle will probably be the no. 5 seed, so they'll play at Washington/Dallas. If the rams upset them, and the Vikings win, then maybe they'll play at GB.

Wait how is it possible for Seattle to be the 6 seed? Even if they finish 10-6 and so do Minnesota and Chicago, Seattle has the tiebreaker over them due to their head to head victories.
Don't care who or how, just wanna get there and win it all!
I have started to get a good vibe again for some reason now that the shock and disappointment in Seattle has subsided.

Having Moss be needed and Jenkins move up the 3 spot has me excited that they will come up big. James has shown some signs of explosive plays also and I think he makes up for the loss of Hunter.

My hope is that Harbaugh and Roman go back to trying to control the game with Gore, let CK7 run a bit more and limit the chance for mistakes, and more importantly no 3 and outs.

Having Willis step up and take ownership of the D gets me pretty pumped as well. Losing J.Smith is massive, but I look for Willis to make some big impact plays over the next 4 or 5 games depending on if we get the bye or not.

Sticking with my Superbowl pick until the bitter end!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Here is mine...

we lose to arizona and green bay gets the #2 seed while the Seahawks win the West, justin smith is out for the rest of the season.

everyone is counting us out...

Wildcard -- we go up to Washington and beat the Redskins by a hair...a 58 yd fg by Akers with no time left, 23-21.
Divisionals - we go up to Lambeau and beat the Pack on a Carlos Rogers pick for six, 25-18.
NFC championship - we go to Century Link, knock out the midget on the 1st play of the game, and battle the Hawks to OT where we lose the toss. Harbaws then surprises all and onside kicks of which we recover and Akers hit's the game winner from 50 yds out, we win 17-14.
SuperBowl - CK is sidelined by a hamstring pull and Alex Smith unleashes 12 weeks of frustration with a 7 td performance breaking young's record, and we rout the Ravens 63-14.

Wow man! That's really good! That is some real imagination right there!
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

Wait how is it possible for Seattle to be the 6 seed? Even if they finish 10-6 and so do Minnesota and Chicago, Seattle has the tiebreaker over them due to their head to head victories.

they cant, seattle is the 5, only if we lose would that change
We Play Bears WC game and win 23-17 then go to Lambeau and get thumped 38-17 UNLESS We get that bye somehow
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I agree, I think the football Gods will give everybody their GB/Seattle revenge game at some point in January.

"O" This will be great a must see game
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
First round loss and Harbaugh gets canned. Im really starting to doubt him as a Head Coach
Clearly you have forgotten about Hostler, Nolan, Singletary and all of those losing years. You dont doubt a head coach with a winning record especially when he developed a number one bust into a serviceable QB. Turning your back on Harbaugh is to turn on the team.