LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Anyone hear about VDs concussion yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by Squidp:
He would have gotten wrecked either way. Just poor location and timing on that pass.

The location was perfect, the timing spot on. VD didn't need to do that cradle-leap thing that he always does. Every time he leaves his feet, he ends up paying for it.....it's happened more than once in his career. He has a habit of jumping to secure the ball. Having played receiver, I've learned this is a symptom of not being sure about yourself in catching the ball with two hands cleanly. Although he puts in a lot of time and effort during/after practice to improve his hands, he still displays bad habits when it comes to receiving the pass. As funny as it may seem I think Vernon simply THINKS too much while he's playing...

you nailed every point. anyone whos played football at even pop warner levels can tell you guys who jump like that to get passes simply dont trust their hands. you are either a hands catcher or you are not. i know VD has made plays and people will point to those instances to refute things but he has never struck as a hands catcher and jumping for balls like he did sunday night is a tell tail sign of it.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for TheWooLick.
NM
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by Squidp:
He would have gotten wrecked either way. Just poor location and timing on that pass.

The location was perfect, the timing spot on. VD didn't need to do that cradle-leap thing that he always does. Every time he leaves his feet, he ends up paying for it.....it's happened more than once in his career. He has a habit of jumping to secure the ball. Having played receiver, I've learned this is a symptom of not being sure about yourself in catching the ball with two hands cleanly. Although he puts in a lot of time and effort during/after practice to improve his hands, he still displays bad habits when it comes to receiving the pass. As funny as it may seem I think Vernon simply THINKS too much while he's playing...

you nailed every point. anyone whos played football at even pop warner levels can tell you guys who jump like that to get passes simply dont trust their hands. you are either a hands catcher or you are not. i know VD has made plays and people will point to those instances to refute things but he has never struck as a hands catcher and jumping for balls like he did sunday night is a tell tail sign of it.

Yup. A better WR could snag the ball with his hands and scamper into the endzone. He jumped and allowed Kam to close quickly.
Unnhhh, hard to snag a ball thrown like a rainbow, that had"catch me and you are going to get clocked" written all over it. If Kap is going to throw a pass that deep, then throw a rope. He has the arm for it. Throwing big beautiful rainbows like that is the best way for a Qb to lose his receivers...and he did.
I heard the speculation is that he will be ready to play against Arizona but nothing concrete yet.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
i think he has lost his job to garrett celek

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Yes, he has the hot hands.
  • titan
  • Veteran
With the money they are paying Davis vs his production do you guys think he would finish his contract w/ us?
he has been cleared!
Looks like Kam will not be fined for VD hit:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/chancellor-not-fined-for-textbook-tackle/related/

Did anyone else notice that VD let go of the ball before he got hit? Seems uncharacteristic. Kap and VD have been soooo out of synch. VD has mentioned how constantly he is overthrown. Its to the point where it seems he kinda gives up on the ball when a 100% effort MIGHT have gotten him there. Then this easy floater and he gets hurt on the play. I hope VD doesn't become an unintentional casualty of the QB switch. Kap and Davis could be such an explosive duo.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Yes, he has the hot wife.

fixed
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Report: Vernon Davis "should be available" for Week 17

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/25/report-vernon-davis-should-be-available-for-week-17/

dont buy it for a second, not this early in the week. It was the same way with Justin this past week. In my book he isn't playing until he passes the test on game day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/29/vernon-davis-not-optimistic-about-playing-sunday/

I will just quote myself and say I told you so to anyone who thought Vernon was going to play tomorrow when it it is much more likely that we will be playing in the wild card round so he needs all the rest he can get and on the outside chance the Vikes beat the Packers Vernon will come back off 3 weeks worth of rest.

Also my 2 cents, had any other player been hit like Chancellor hit VD he would've been fined but the NFL is well aware that even if Kaepernick under threw VD that he routinely jumps when he catches the ball thus knowingly putting himself in harms way.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM ]
I'm hoping Celek does well. Personally I would rather have a Brent Jones, Jay Novacek, style TE, who seem to always get open, when the play falls through. And, know how to catch correctly! These "beast" TE's are becoming more of a liability.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I want a natural receiver at a TE position. As much as I like Davis blocking and speed, it seems like its always an adventure when the ball is thrown to him.... Is he going to drop it or not?!
Share 49ersWebzone