There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone hear about VDs concussion yet?

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Should VD and Justin play even if they're cleared? I think we can handle Arizona without them. What are they gonna do, beat us with their QB?

no should just rest them, arizona has half their team injured as well, we don't need them to beat them
Rest VD and get another linemen to sub him...he barely gets the ball...why be worry thank you JIM to use a 4.4 TE as a linemen..
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We still have celek and walker to go with VD and crabs, moss and Jenkins at WR. We will be solid to finish the year!

Very Very thin group of receivers on that list. Outside of Crabs no one right now on the list scares any defense.

That is totally fine... Kaep will inflict fear into the defense then. They want to stack the box and go one on one? We will burn them for TDs all day.
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Rest VD and get another linemen to sub him...he barely gets the ball...why be worry thank you JIM to use a 4.4 TE as a linemen..

Vernon will probably play...he doesn't have a concussion history (repeated ones). He knows the team needs him...he's typically played well against 'Zona, so I expect to see him out there making plays. Also expect Gore to have a big game...and it's time for Moss, Walker to step up and meet/exceed Crabtree's production.
Harbaugh will go with the hot hand in Delanie Walker. One of the better connection combo and game winner of last year's playoff, Smith and VD, may be on the bench going into the playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
sounds like vernon will play. I know some are fine with him out and the other two we have at tight end but I am not. now if vernon plays, we need to target him and he needs to show up since we are so short at wide outs.. in the off season, lets get two decent back up tight ends please
We still have celek and walker to go with VD and crabs, moss and Jenkins at WR. We will be solid to finish the year!

Very Very thin group of receivers on that list. Outside of Crabs no one right now on the list scares any defense.

That is totally fine... Kaep will inflict fear into the defense then. They want to stack the box and go one on one? We will burn them for TDs all day.
That is what Seatle did. They Stacked the box and shut Kaep down. I don't think defenses fear Keap. Respect the fact that he can run on you and has a big arm but fear no. They look at the college offense we run now and I don't think fear is what crosses their mind.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

of course leaky is right. when we have a lineup with celek and walker in it, we are not solid
Originally posted by cciowa:

of course leaky is right. when we have a lineup with celek and walker in it, we are not solid
cc what really bothers me is the pistol we are running keeping 3 guys in the back field so often. Using a 4.4 Te as another lineman and to many two man routes. Not to mention Celek, dropalot Walker, Ginn really Ginn is your #3,a rookie that never plays. Moss has a flash now and then but is not the Moss that scared defenses of the past. Crabtree is the only every down threat and he is not that take to the house guy. Need to go back to I formation and Walker laying that wham block and Frank following the Fb, It was producing with Frank averaging almost 6 yards per carry he is now down to 4.8. This coincides with the change in offensive game plan going to the craptastic college pistol.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:

• cciowa
  • Veteran

i actually think no one scares anyone on our offensive side of the ball. when we can not even get plays called on time and we have to burn time outs or take penalties that does not exactly strike fear into the heart of the defense,, and this stuff has been going on for weeks ever since ck started to play the game. i like ck but i am not ok with losing just so he can learn. anyone who thinks we are "fine" with celek and walker playing, num nuts ginn and a kid who has not had a catch yet,, well i just do not know
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
cc what really bothers me is the pistol we are running keeping 3 guys in the back field so often. Using a 4.4 Te as another lineman and to many two man routes. Not to mention Celek, dropalot Walker, Ginn really Ginn is your #3,a rookie that never plays. Moss has a flash now and then but is not the Moss that scared defenses of the past. Crabtree is the only every down threat and he is not that take to the house guy. Need to go back to I formation and Walker laying that wham block and Frank following the Fb, It was producing with Frank averaging almost 6 yards per carry he is now down to 4.8. This coincides with the change in offensive game plan going to the craptastic college pistol.
in otherwords a cute offense going back to last year these coaches tend to get cute and then roll out the shock and awe when it does not work
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
i think he has lost his job to garrett celek

Thinking the same thing.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Report: Vernon Davis "should be available" for Week 17

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/25/report-vernon-davis-should-be-available-for-week-17/

dont buy it for a second, not this early in the week. It was the same way with Justin this past week. In my book he isn't playing until he passes the test on game day.

Vern will play he ain't soft like some others.

hope he doesnt come back too soon -- the qb might get him killed next time

Lol, hofer is too much

VD didn't need to jump for that ball and expose himself