There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What if these last two games had been played in reversed order.

If we had played Seattle first, and then NE would the results have been differently? I'd wager that we would've beaten Seattle and then lost to NE.

How many teams out there can you honestly say could beat NE in December and then turn around and beat Seattle at home? Hell, I can't think of any team that would've won at least one.
I'd probably agree with that. The fact of the matter is that the odds were very slim for us to win that game once you factor in everything. We could've played much better but everything that could have gone wrong for us did go wrong and it was just too much to overcome. We will be fine.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I always thought we had a better chance vs. NE than SEA, and I think that's true regardless of scheduling, because SEA just matches up better against us, plays with a lot more intensity and has that crowd. They almost won that game a year ago when we were a better team and they were mediocre.
I think we would have "upset" SEA but get "stunned" by NE after Akers misses a game winning FG.

Oh, and that's purely based on the WWL WWT pattern.
I think it would be the same result. The playbook we used for the Patriots was something they weren't prepared for and really would have been caught off guard either way. The Seahawks on the other hand were waiting for this game all year and we were honestly underestimating them all along. We just were not going to have the right gameplan regardless.
We would have looked right past Seattle focusing on NE, and got beat down
Originally posted by vaden:
I always thought we had a better chance vs. NE than SEA, and I think that's true regardless of scheduling, because SEA just matches up better against us, plays with a lot more intensity and has that crowd. They almost won that game a year ago when we were a better team and they were mediocre.

My sentiments, almost to the word ...
I actually think we would have lost both games if schedule was reversed.
Lost both. The brutality of the Seattle game (which would've been closer) THEN a cross country flight to Foxboro is tougher.
I think it was lack of focus, and physical/emotional burnout from the NE that cost us this loss. Our D played nearly 6 quarters worth of football vs NE because of their high tempo offense. I think regardless of the order we were always destined to win the first and get our asses handed to us by the second. Maybe it was for the best, otherwise NE would've put 60 on us.