There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 16: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

How could you rewatch this game? If I had it on the DVR, I would have erased it by halftime........
Kaep needs to speed up his sets and timing. I like him , but were not playong checkers here. He has such a good understanding of defense stances he trys to kill or change every play.

Costing us valued time outs and delay of games ... Hurry the --------
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We were humiliated. Week 16 is not the time for CK to be having "learning experiences" when we want to make a Super Bowl run. This change should never have been made until next year. There's not a snowballs chance in Hades that we make it through back to back ferocious playoff crowds in Green Bay and Atlanta with Kaepernick at the helm. I just don't see it.

I know, it's all opinion, but that is my gut feeling. I love my team to death and it frustrates me like no other to have to sit here and feel like we made a mistake that is going to cost us at the very least a deep run into the post-season.

I would understand this feeling if Kaep were replacing Joe Montana, but it's not like Alex is a pro bowl QB with a wealth of playoff experience. He was having a good year, but let's be real. If he can get 3 freakin points in the last 5 drives this team might already have 6 titles. The worst rating Kaep has had while learning is 72...which isn't all that far below Alex's CAREER rating. Alex also had a meltdown against the Giants and he's NEVER thrown 4 TDs in a game...let alone on the road in NE. Alex started this season 4-2. Kaep through 6 games? 4-2. Let's stop pretending that the "problem" here is Kaep.

Marvin, we just aren't winning or competing with the teams that we SHOULD be handling right now. I think we need to stop pretending that Kaep can't possibly be part of the problem.

Smith had one terrible game this year which was completely out of his character, throwing interceptions. His other couple "OK" or slightly below average games statistically were not so bad that we lost or were out of the game at any point. Even against Minnesota, where we haven't won in 20 years, if Akers doesn't miss a kick earlier, Alex still has us in position to tie to the game at the end. Alex helps our running game. When they dare him to pass, he does it and kills them (see KW's touchdown against Buffalo). CK runs straight into a wall.

The reason my gut feeling tells me we can't win the Super Bowl this year with CK is because he hasn't shown he can beat teams with his brain yet. Smarter players without freakish athletic ability (Luck, Manning, Brady, Schaub) can use their smarts to beat the Newtons, Wilsons, Vicks and Griffins of the NFL.

If you think about all the teams in the NFL, while CK has easily superior athleticism to almost all aside from those three I just mentioned, what about his NFL smarts? Our offense is dumbed down right now and if I'm not mistaken, on top of being pointed out on film, I believe this has actually already been ADMITTED.

I would put Smith in, or very close to, the top 5 of the NFL when it comes to "Braniac" QBs. He is just as fast as Rodgers, Luck, Cutler, Romo.. and is faster than about every other legitimate NFL QB aside from the four mentioned earlier. He plays good ball. I think what we are finding out is that on top of looking for the home run too much instead of taking what the defense gives, the lack of a field general with the smarts to exploit defensive schemes is seriously hurting our team.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We were humiliated. Week 16 is not the time for CK to be having "learning experiences" when we want to make a Super Bowl run. This change should never have been made until next year. There's not a snowballs chance in Hades that we make it through back to back ferocious playoff crowds in Green Bay and Atlanta with Kaepernick at the helm. I just don't see it.

I know, it's all opinion, but that is my gut feeling. I love my team to death and it frustrates me like no other to have to sit here and feel like we made a mistake that is going to cost us at the very least a deep run into the post-season.

I would understand this feeling if Kaep were replacing Joe Montana, but it's not like Alex is a pro bowl QB with a wealth of playoff experience. He was having a good year, but let's be real. If he can get 3 freakin points in the last 5 drives this team might already have 6 titles. The worst rating Kaep has had while learning is 72...which isn't all that far below Alex's CAREER rating. Alex also had a meltdown against the Giants and he's NEVER thrown 4 TDs in a game...let alone on the road in NE. Alex started this season 4-2. Kaep through 6 games? 4-2. Let's stop pretending that the "problem" here is Kaep.

Marvin, we just aren't scoring points or playing competitive football consistently. I think we need to stop pretending that Kaep can't possibly be part of the problem.

Smith had one terrible game this year which was completely out of his character, throwing interceptions. His other couple "OK" or slightly below average games statistically were not so bad that we lost or were out of the game at any point. Even against Minnesota, where we haven't won in 20 years, if Akers doesn't miss a kick earlier, Alex still has us in position to tie to the game at the end. Alex helps our running game. When they dare him to pass, he does it and kills them (see KW's touchdown against Buffalo). CK runs straight into a wall.

The reason my gut feeling tells me we can't win the Super Bowl this year with CK is because he hasn't shown he can beat teams with his brain yet. Smarter players without freakish athletic ability (Luck, Manning, Brady, Schaub) can use their smarts to beat the Newtons, Wilsons, Vicks and Griffins of the NFL.

If you think about all the teams in the NFL, while CK has easily superior athleticism to almost all aside from those three I just mentioned, what about his NFL smarts? Our offense is dumbed down right now and if I'm not mistaken, on top of being pointed out on film, I believe this has actually already been ADMITTED.

I would put Smith in, or very close to, the top 5 of the NFL when it comes to "Braniac" QBs. He is just as fast as Rodgers, Luck, Cutler, Romo.. and is faster than about every other legitimate NFL QB aside from the four mentioned earlier. He plays good ball. I think what we are finding out is that on top of looking for the home run too much instead of taking what the defense gives, the lack of a field general with the smarts to exploit defensive schemes is seriously hurting our team.

Not surprisingly, I disagree. ;-) "not scoring points"? They hung 32 on the Bears and 42 on the Patriots. Kaep has the same record as Alex through 6 games. Alex only had one horrible game but it was far worse than ANY start for Kaep.

I'm sorry you "don't see it", but I do because he's done it. New England? Have we already forgotten?

I don't need to stop "pretending". He didn't play well, no doubt, but HE DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE. 73 points allowed in the last 6 quarters. If you put that on Kaep, you're nuts.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM ]
After this game..its time to look ahead to the 2013 season...With all injuries (Hunter, Manningham, J. Smith, K . Williams, and V. Davis), the team is depleted especially on offense. There have been lots of claims that this team is deep...I just don't see that (Ricky jean Francois?). I see us probably get as far as winning one playoff game at home...the QB change has also affected our running game (we almost have abandoned the running game). Perhaps the coaches think we have second coming of Tom Brady that we don't need to run anymore...We are getting more three and outs, no sustained drives or ball control..the defense is gassed...

It's time to look to next season and draft players that are NFL ready Sorry AJ Jenkins),..and re-evaluate our offensive coaching.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Dec 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
After this game..its time to look ahead to the 2013 season...With all injuries (Hunter, Manningham, J. Smith, K . Williams, and V. Davis), the team is depleted especially on offense. There have been lots of claims that this team is deep...I just don't see that (Ricky jean Francois?). I see us probably get as far as winning one playoff game at home...the QB change has also affected our running game (we almost have abandoned the running game). Perhaps the coaches think we have second coming of Tom Brady that we don't need to run anymore...We are getting more three and outs, no sustained drives or ball control..the defense is gassed...

It's time to look to next season and draft players that are NFL ready Sorry AJ Jenkins),..and re-evaluate our offensive coaching.

Na well be ok
Originally posted by SaksV:
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't what you just said a contradiction???

The 49ers Defense played 60 snaps last night....compare that to 96 snaps the previous week, that equates to playing almost an entire extra half of football. That's certainly more than "a few more snaps" don't you think??


I also don't but that "stadium design" BS either.... The Eagles stadium is built similarly and they aren't close to the loudness of Seattle. Outdoor stadiums simply don't get louder than Domes unless they pump crowd noise in that stadium..........

the overall tiredness of the team vs. the defense itself being fatigued due to too many plays is what I meant. Overall the entire team from top to bottom has been playing lights-out football for nearly two full seasons now and aside from the physical toll that takes, it's also mental and emotional for everyone that has anything to do with the team. So my point I guess is that it may have been a bad game but you're going to get one of those along the way, and i think it's that long-term sort of wear that caught up with them this game, less than just playing too many snaps last week.

If the 49ers are anything like Seattle, and I have no reason to think otherwise, they've already burned through their cba allotted padded practices so even if they took more snaps in the patriots game, their work through the week was much lighter so I just don't know how much of a correlation there is.



Originally posted by ninerfan42:
I don't have a problem with Seattle's 12th Man but I do have a problem with the 13th Man who pipes in crowd noise.

The 49er offence couldn't even hear in the huddle, let alone signals at the line and the snap count.

Isn't it illegal to use the PA system to disrupt a team? You always hear music stop when a play is about to begin, why not piped-in crowd noise?

This is an unfair advantage, and the league needs to put a stop to it.

I am not saying that is why the 49ers lost, but I believe it was a contributing factor.

New Orleans is also notorious for this.

The league needs to end this practice before all 32 teams do it.

The notion that crowd-noise is piped in just makes me laugh. And it just makes the 12th man even stronger. The stadium is designed to get the most crowd noise directed at the field. Believe it or not, engineers have those jobs for a reason. The NFL already investigated the crowd noise being 'piped in' in 2006 after the Giants complained about it like punks and no wrong-doing was found.

I'm kind of disappointed that so much of the conversation here is about false accusations of piped in crowd-noise, and 'help from the refs'. When i was down in SF for thursday night football and watched my team look terrible I didn't make any excuses. Any given Sunday, its not like one bad game against an amped up team and crowd should define the 49ers season. Your team still has played well enough this year to have the advantage heading into the playoffs and is clearing a force from top to bottom. But I like my team too, and I also like our insane fans, so trying to minimize either of those things by saying it's the refs/fake noise is just kind of a weak point of view from fans of such a hardass team.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
After this game..its time to look ahead to the 2013 season...With all injuries (Hunter, Manningham, J. Smith, K . Williams, and V. Davis), the team is depleted especially on offense. There have been lots of claims that this team is deep...I just don't see that (Ricky jean Francois?). I see us probably get as far as winning one playoff game at home...the QB change has also affected our running game (we almost have abandoned the running game). Perhaps the coaches think we have second coming of Tom Brady that we don't need to run anymore...We are getting more three and outs, no sustained drives or ball control..the defense is gassed...

It's time to look to next season and draft players that are NFL ready Sorry AJ Jenkins),..and re-evaluate our offensive coaching.

Weak sauce.

Packers won the Super bowl the same year they placed FIFTEEN players on IR.

Woodson (at the time the best secondary player in the NFL) and Driver (their most important WR) both were injured in the SB.

That team also only won 10 games during the regular season and didn't get a bye week in the playoffs, nor did they have a home playoff game.


I'm glad our team isn't doing what you are which is and
Originally posted by mo_hawk:
Originally posted by SaksV:
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't what you just said a contradiction???

The 49ers Defense played 60 snaps last night....compare that to 96 snaps the previous week, that equates to playing almost an entire extra half of football. That's certainly more than "a few more snaps" don't you think??


I also don't but that "stadium design" BS either.... The Eagles stadium is built similarly and they aren't close to the loudness of Seattle. Outdoor stadiums simply don't get louder than Domes unless they pump crowd noise in that stadium..........

the overall tiredness of the team vs. the defense itself being fatigued due to too many plays is what I meant. Overall the entire team from top to bottom has been playing lights-out football for nearly two full seasons now and aside from the physical toll that takes, it's also mental and emotional for everyone that has anything to do with the team. So my point I guess is that it may have been a bad game but you're going to get one of those along the way, and i think it's that long-term sort of wear that caught up with them this game, less than just playing too many snaps last week.

If the 49ers are anything like Seattle, and I have no reason to think otherwise, they've already burned through their cba allotted padded practices so even if they took more snaps in the patriots game, their work through the week was much lighter so I just don't know how much of a correlation there is.



Originally posted by ninerfan42:
I don't have a problem with Seattle's 12th Man but I do have a problem with the 13th Man who pipes in crowd noise.

The 49er offence couldn't even hear in the huddle, let alone signals at the line and the snap count.

Isn't it illegal to use the PA system to disrupt a team? You always hear music stop when a play is about to begin, why not piped-in crowd noise?

This is an unfair advantage, and the league needs to put a stop to it.

I am not saying that is why the 49ers lost, but I believe it was a contributing factor.

New Orleans is also notorious for this.

The league needs to end this practice before all 32 teams do it.

The notion that crowd-noise is piped in just makes me laugh. And it just makes the 12th man even stronger. The stadium is designed to get the most crowd noise directed at the field. Believe it or not, engineers have those jobs for a reason. The NFL already investigated the crowd noise being 'piped in' in 2006 after the Giants complained about it like punks and no wrong-doing was found.

I'm kind of disappointed that so much of the conversation here is about false accusations of piped in crowd-noise, and 'help from the refs'. When i was down in SF for thursday night football and watched my team look terrible I didn't make any excuses. Any given Sunday, its not like one bad game against an amped up team and crowd should define the 49ers season. Your team still has played well enough this year to have the advantage heading into the playoffs and is clearing a force from top to bottom. But I like my team too, and I also like our insane fans, so trying to minimize either of those things by saying it's the refs/fake noise is just kind of a weak point of view from fans of such a hardass team.

I have to agree with this seahawk poster. And this was about the worst A$$ Kicking I have seen the 49ers get in a prime time game. The seahawks came to play and hit the snot out of our players, they outplayed the 49ers at their house and the crowd was huge and in this game from start to finish. That defense was awesome and really put the wood to the 49ers.

Again, One of the worse a$$ kickings i have seen the 49ers get. The hit on VD was 100% clean and refs have to call a flag on all High Hits even if its not head to head. Both sides had crap calls. R Wilson is much better then I thought and had a great game, one of the best I have seen this season.

The 49ers had the chances to get back in the game, but we got out hit and outplayed and made way to many mistakes.

The 49ers line looks bad without Justin Smith and the seahawks ran the ball down our backsides, you can see just how good a player Justin Smith is. Better do something fast if Justin can't play or we will be one and done in the playoffs. The defense was tired from the NE game no doubt tho.

Seattle has a very very good defense and a QB whos hard to get to, so this team could go to the SB with a little luck and one home playoff game.

I just hope the 49ers can beat zona this weekend and that Minn beats GB. If not the 49ers are in real trouble and big time trouble if Justin Smith can't play.
One other thing I did in fact notice is that Aldon Smith got held and a lot of plays and there was no flags for Aldon. I was a little bit taken back from this as the refs were right there on a lot of the plays??
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Not surprisingly, I disagree. ;-) "not scoring points"? They hung 32 on the Bears and 42 on the Patriots. Kaep has the same record as Alex through 6 games. Alex only had one horrible game but it was far worse than ANY start for Kaep.

I'm sorry you "don't see it", but I do because he's done it. New England? Have we already forgotten?

I don't need to stop "pretending". He didn't play well, no doubt, but HE DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE. 73 points allowed in the last 6 quarters. If you put that on Kaep, you're nuts.

I didn't say you specifically. I think fans collectively need to at least acknowledge the possibility that the change was wrong to make right now. Refusing to do so is straight-up pompous. I can fully acknowledge that there are a lot of other issues that could be coming into play, but regardless of how big a fan of CK I am, I'm not going to blindly follow him and act like he has little or no bearing on the problems we've been having.

I said last week I was about 95% sold on Kaepernick's readiness, but he'd have to beat Seattle in their house to get the remaining 5%. Now he's going to have to win a road playoff game to get me there.

I rephrased my post, but too late, I see. What I intended to convey was we weren't consistently scoring enough points against teams that we should beat. There is no way I could take Alex's one bad game and say that just because it was worse than any of Kaepernicks so far, that that makes CK better right now. Alex has WAY too big of a body of recent work that shows that is not the kind of player he is at all. CK's smaller body of work makes it impossible to say something like that, because you just don't know yet.

Collectively speaking, CK has still yet to separate himself from Alex as the better choice for this season. Smith hung 30 on the Packers at Lambeau, Kaepernick 41 at New England. Smith hung 45 on Buffalo. CK put up 30 offensive points against Chicago.

I am begging for CK to give me something to fully gain my confidence for this year and it's like a dang roller coaster. Lets see what CK does against Arizona at home. They'll then have 8 games each.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
7) Harbaugh/Caroll/Sherman: I've had just about enough of this. I dunno if Harbaugh honked at the bus at the 'stick. Frankly I don't care. I can tell you this though...I CAN'T STAND Richard Sherman. His big beef with Harbaugh is that Harbaugh switched him to DB when he wanted to play WR. Yeah...looks like Harbaugh was WAY off the mark on that one SMDH. That dude had a very good game last night and has turned into a very good player...but he needs to shuit the hell up. I never advocate hurting players, but I have to admit I wouldn't shed a tear if someone took out his knees. I guess I can just enjoy the knowledge that he'll be sitting at home when his team is eliminated from the playoffs. I am really annoyed tho that he was even allowed to play in the game. Its a joke that he'll play 3 fulkl games while appealing his suspension. JOKE. As for Carroll, him being portrayed as having class is another big joke. The guy jumped ship from USC just before they were hit with sanctions. Coincidense? I think not. He just ran up the score last week. This thig is going to get ugly at some point and I hope we see that team again in the playoffs...AT THE 'STICK. That stadium is a crazy homefield advantage. Gratz to them for having that, but the Super Bowl is on a neutral Field...so good luck with that.

Stay classy Niner fans.

Sherman is a s*it talker. That's his game. You guys have had several of those, its just different when that type of player is on a division rival. LOL at hoping someone seriously injures the guy though. Is that the Niner way now? Such a classy fan base here.

FYI - It was Sherman's decision to move to DB because Harbaugh buried him on the depth chart. That's how Harbaugh forced Sherman to make the position switch, and the dude would find an axe to grind with any coach or team.. that's who he is.
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
Stay classy Niner fans.

Sherman is a s*it talker. That's his game. You guys have had several of those, its just different when that type of player is on a division rival. LOL at hoping someone seriously injures the guy though. Is that the Niner way now? Such a classy fan base here.

FYI - It was Sherman's decision to move to DB because Harbaugh buried him on the depth chart. That's how Harbaugh forced Sherman to make the position switch, and the dude would find an axe to grind with any coach or team.. that's who he is.

Name one 49er player who would go up to Tom Brady and disrespect him like Sherman did. Sherman's a punk, not a s**t talker. He'll get his...belee dat
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
After this game..its time to look ahead to the 2013 season...With all injuries (Hunter, Manningham, J. Smith, K . Williams, and V. Davis), the team is depleted especially on offense. There have been lots of claims that this team is deep...I just don't see that (Ricky jean Francois?). I see us probably get as far as winning one playoff game at home...the QB change has also affected our running game (we almost have abandoned the running game). Perhaps the coaches think we have second coming of Tom Brady that we don't need to run anymore...We are getting more three and outs, no sustained drives or ball control..the defense is gassed...

It's time to look to next season and draft players that are NFL ready Sorry AJ Jenkins),..and re-evaluate our offensive coaching.

Weak sauce.

Packers won the Super bowl the same year they placed FIFTEEN players on IR.

Woodson (at the time the best secondary player in the NFL) and Driver (their most important WR) both were injured in the SB.

That team also only won 10 games during the regular season and didn't get a bye week in the playoffs, nor did they have a home playoff game.


I'm glad our team isn't doing what you are which is and

First of all, i am stating an opinion...Second of all, I am still rooting for the team like always but i don't see them going far..kaepernick is not Aaron Rodgers..and Greg Roman is not Mike McCarthy..So please..shut up.
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
Stay classy Niner fans.

Sherman is a s*it talker. That's his game. You guys have had several of those, its just different when that type of player is on a division rival. LOL at hoping someone seriously injures the guy though. Is that the Niner way now? Such a classy fan base here.

FYI - It was Sherman's decision to move to DB because Harbaugh buried him on the depth chart. That's how Harbaugh forced Sherman to make the position switch, and the dude would find an axe to grind with any coach or team.. that's who he is.

Sorry Russell, but it's your team who lacks class. We beat you guys three straight times heading into that game. Not once did any of our guys disrespect a member of your team. Your team has done nothing but talk s**t after the game. That's fine. It will make it all the more sweeter when you go one and done in the playoffs. Sunday is your last game at home. Enjoy it.