LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Week 16: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
agree with most of your post but to say that Mistakes by the QB was not one of the reasons we lost that game is wrong. I have watched the game over as well and if you rewatch the game you will see that Kaep had a very very bad game.

He was almost picked off 2 times in the endzone, and a few other times as well, he almost got VD killed and did end up getting Mario killed and over for the season. Very bad lead passes and late passes all night long.

I could go on and on about other plays from our QB play in that game but will leave it there......it was one of the worse overall games the 49ers have ever played and QB play was at the top of the list in this game.

lol you blaming our players getting hit on the QB. Come on man players get hit all the time you cant blame the QB for that. VD had no reason to jump for that ball, and manningham was just a bad low hit. Those plays happen every game.
I guess you have never seen a pass thrown too high over the middle.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Disagree with you Marvin, Alex Smith would have had a better game vs the Rams and vs the Seahawks. The 49ers would have won one of those games with Alex Smith as QB. He knows both teams way better then Kaep and plays very well in Seattle. This is what happens when you screw around late in the season with the QB's. Jimmy H is not perfect he's made mistakes and this one was huge. We win one of those games and were the 2nd seed, now we need some help to make the 2nd seed.

i think smith vs seattle might not have equated to a win but i think the niners play a different game offensively with him, the pace of the game is slower and the score is much closer than it was

Yup true that. We still lose, but don't lose that bad. Smith handles himself much better in that environment. Also, Alex Smith wins both of those Rams games. Meaning we'd be 12-3. Some may argue that we wouldn't have beaten New England with Smith, which I don't buy at all. Smith can play in shootouts too (Saints game). Anyways, we'd still be 11-4 had Smith somehow not been able to beat New England because he somehow can't make any of those throws That means we'd still be the #2 seed. I'm a fan of Kap and think he has tons of potential, but don't think it was right to put him in as the starter for the 2012 49ers.
No deep threat at WR still hurting the offense.
Originally posted by lamontb:
No deep threat at WR still hurting the offense.

I'm thinking the same but some of us were saying no excuses this year for Smith since he's gotten everything possible from Baalke and the FO.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yup true that. We still lose, but don't lose that bad. Smith handles himself much better in that environment. Also, Alex Smith wins both of those Rams games. Meaning we'd be 12-3. Some may argue that we wouldn't have beaten New England with Smith, which I don't buy at all. Smith can play in shootouts too (Saints game). Anyways, we'd still be 11-4 had Smith somehow not been able to beat New England because he somehow can't make any of those throws That means we'd still be the #2 seed. I'm a fan of Kap and think he has tons of potential, but don't think it was right to put him in as the starter for the 2012 49ers.
Let me play this game too! After seeing the game at New England I think Kaep could of won at Minnesota and could of beat the Giants this year!
Originally posted by hofer36:
Disagree with you Marvin, Alex Smith would have had a better game vs the Rams and vs the Seahawks. The 49ers would have won one of those games with Alex Smith as QB. He knows both teams way better then Kaep and plays very well in Seattle. This is what happens when you screw around late in the season with the QB's. Jimmy H is not perfect he's made mistakes and this one was huge. We win one of those games and were the 2nd seed, now we need some help to make the 2nd seed.

i think smith vs seattle might not have equated to a win but i think the niners play a different game offensively with him, the pace of the game is slower and the score is much closer than it was

Kap needs to learn how to engineer those epic long drives that Alex used to. That would go a long way towards helping the kid out. We need him to step up bad for our superbowl run.

He just came off one of the worst QB performances we've had in years, up there with Smith's Giants debacle earlier in the year. Having him go back to a steady ground and pound like we did prior to the Bears game, and away from all that cutsie pistol stuff would help him out quite a bit.
[ Edited by truekingcarlos on Dec 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by susweel:
agree with most of your post but to say that Mistakes by the QB was not one of the reasons we lost that game is wrong. I have watched the game over as well and if you rewatch the game you will see that Kaep had a very very bad game.

He was almost picked off 2 times in the endzone, and a few other times as well, he almost got VD killed and did end up getting Mario killed and over for the season. Very bad lead passes and late passes all night long.

I could go on and on about other plays from our QB play in that game but will leave it there......it was one of the worse overall games the 49ers have ever played and QB play was at the top of the list in this game.

lol you blaming our players getting hit on the QB. Come on man players get hit all the time you cant blame the QB for that. VD had no reason to jump for that ball, and manningham was just a bad low hit. Those plays happen every game.
I guess you have never seen a pass thrown too high over the middle.

was Brady to blame to on the big hit on Hernadez
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Let me play this game too! After seeing the game at New England I think Kaep could of won at Minnesota and could of beat the Giants this year!

Did Kap not give the Rams 10 points in that second game? You can't say Kap would have beat Minnesota and the Giants, because you simply don't know how he would have played. It's relatively safe to say that Alex Smith doesn't give the Rams 10 points, given how protective he is with the football. Also, let's not forget before Smith got hurt in the first Rams game he was playing a very good game and had already thrown a touchdown pass I believe. Once he goes down the offense began to sputter because Kap was not prepared.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I'm thinking the same but some of us were saying no excuses this year for Smith since he's gotten everything possible from Baalke and the FO.
I'm not getting caught up in is/isn't excuse stuff. Just off watching the games and you can see it's clearly still a problem. Manningham and Moss didn't solve it. They tried to find cheap options but they just didn't pan out. Time to see what Jenkins can do, but if he's not the answer then they basically in the same boat as they were last year with wr's. No real deep threat and no real #1. Just a group of number 2 guys at best.
It seems our D is always gassed due to quick drives. Quick drives that lead to scores or quick 3 and outs. I dont recall too many long, clock eating drives to give our D a rest.

Our D rarely rotates or subs guys on a consistent basis, and it almost seems that they are just feeling the effect of being on the field too long.

Did Kap not give the Rams 10 points in that second game? You can't say Kap would have beat Minnesota and the Giants, because you simply don't know how he would have played. It's relatively safe to say that Alex Smith doesn't give the Rams 10 points, given how protective he is with the football. Also, let's not forget before Smith got hurt in the first Rams game he was playing a very good game and had already thrown a touchdown pass I believe. Once he goes down the offense began to sputter because Kap was not prepared.
Smith throws 3 picks against Giants would you assume Kaep throws 3 picks in that game? I would say no because he hasn't done that!

Would Smith throw 4 tds at New England? Again I would say no because he hasn't done it!

We could go in circles all day the possibilities are endless!
Smith throws 3 picks against Giants would you assume Kaep throws 3 picks in that game? I would say no because he hasn't done that!

Would Smith throw 4 tds at New England? Again I would say no because he hasn't done it!

We could go in circles all day the possibilities are endless!

Yeah assuming anything just ends up being a circular neverending game.

I will say reagarding Smiths 3 picks, that was after he hurt his finger, and if I recall he didnt look like the same Alex from before the finger injury. I think that finger injury bothered him more than we will ever know this season.
I'm not getting caught up in is/isn't excuse stuff. Just off watching the games and you can see it's clearly still a problem. Manningham and Moss didn't solve it. They tried to find cheap options but they just didn't pan out. Time to see what Jenkins can do, but if he's not the answer then they basically in the same boat as they were last year with wr's. No real deep threat and no real #1. Just a group of number 2 guys at best.

Losing Manningham and Williams will cost us dearly, because those are the 2 guys that have the quickness to can get us that conversion, and getting open quicker for when the rush is on. Jenkins -- I have no idea. Haven't seen enough of him.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM ]

Losing Manningham and Williams will cost us dearly, because those are the 2 guys that have the quickness to can get us that conversion, and getting open quicker for when the rush is on. Jenkins -- I have no idea. Haven't seen enough of him.
Yeah no one really has. But here is a video to help some of us out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Jx0WN5jKA
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Dec 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Yeah no one really has. But here is a video to help some of us out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Jx0WN5jKA
why the heck was there a tamp bay bucs back drop while he was announcing our pick
Share 49ersWebzone