There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thoughts after the Game

• fryet
  • Veteran
Until Marvin puts up his thread, I figured I would start a thread for us to add our thoughts. If I were Marvin, I would not want to rewatch that game.

Anyway, here are reasons that we should be hopeful that meeting the Seahawks in the playoffs would have a different outcome then last night.
1. The 49ers best defensive player was not on the field.
2. The Seahawks will not have home field advantage, making it much easier for the 49ers offensively.
3. Blocked FG and returns for a TD are fluke plays that don't happen every week.
4. Defense was exhausted from NE and may not have been as prepared for the game as most weeks.
5. Losing VD and Manningham limited the 49ers offensively.
6. Running game was used sparingly due to the score and injury to VD.
7. Sherman may be serving a suspension the next time that they meet.
8. The Seahawks needed this win more than the 49ers.

Here are reasons that playing the Seahawks again may have the same result:
1. Russell Wilson won't be any easier to tackle in your home stadium
2. Justin Smith, VD, and Manningham may not be available the next time they play either.
3. In both meetings, the 49ers are only able to score 13 points a game.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I forgot about the rain. I wonder if that slowed our defense down, making it harder to react to what the offense was doing? It is quite possible, though, that it will be raining at Candlestick in their next meeting.
Roman needs to clean up his red zone offense. That is the biggest reason we lost so badly. With just as many scoring opportunities, we came away with jack $#!+
Only chance a 3rd meeting happens is in the NFC Championship Game. And I'm not ready to put the cart before that horse, and I don't think the Seahawks will either.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Kap looked lost and confused out there. This was the first game he played that made me think the switch was premature. Almost wish I hadn't watched that game, it ruined my weekend.
[ Edited by BobS on Dec 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Roman needs to clean up his red zone offense. That is the biggest reason we lost so badly. With just as many scoring opportunities, we came away with jack $#!+

This, 49ers left so many points on the board, its like they get down in the red-zone and the playcalling gets ridiculously stupid.

They left 3-4 touchdowns on the field yesterday.
1 if we really had a good defense, one man shouldnt have been as big an impact
2...not if we dont start playing offense to compliment our defense
3 plays like this are happening on ST too much...every week
4 where is the depth? all starters play all game, we went zone in NE because we were tired, we still are tired
5 whats with the problem with starting talented #1 draft picks? like other teams! no ROY on this team ever!
6 running game is in trouble! seattle schooled us, and it kills me to say that!
7 we will see him twice a year for a long time, maybe even next time we meet!
8 yes they did! the first series set the mode and we were done the whole game
8. The Seahawks needed this win more than the 49ers.

^^The MAIN point that sticks out^^
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This, 49ers left so many points on the board, its like they get down in the red-zone and the playcalling gets ridiculously stupid.

They left 3-4 touchdowns on the field yesterday.

I do somewhat agree with this to a certain point.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
I forgot about the rain. I wonder if that slowed our defense down, making it harder to react to what the offense was doing? It is quite possible, though, that it will be raining at Candlestick in their next meeting.
despite the weather we did not control the things we can control,, namely tackling,, they were f**king grabbing and not tackling, vince lombardi was jumping out of his grave
The odds the 49ers and seahawks play again are unlikely cause the 49ers will prob be the 3rd seed and the seahawks will be the 5th.
I think the most worrisome issue is that our DEFENSE IS SOFT! We don't hit people anymore and it isn't just last night's game...our defense has been soft all year.

When was the last time you saw Willis lay someone out?
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM ]
Butt kickings happen. The Seahawks are a very good team. Wilson is extremely hard to sack. Their defense is very good. But, there is no reason to over-react. Almost all good Niner teams have had their butts kicked at one time or another. I still remember the Niners going back to New York for a playoff game and limping out of there after a 49-3 loss. That team, with very little changes in personnel, would go on to win two Super Bowls so nobody needs to act like the world has ended.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldrush49:
1 if we really had a good defense, one man shouldnt have been as big an impact
2...not if we dont start playing offense to compliment our defense
3 plays like this are happening on ST too much...every week
4 where is the depth? all starters play all game, we went zone in NE because we were tired, we still are tired
5 whats with the problem with starting talented #1 draft picks? like other teams! no ROY on this team ever!
6 running game is in trouble! seattle schooled us, and it kills me to say that!
7 we will see him twice a year for a long time, maybe even next time we meet!
8 yes they did! the first series set the mode and we were done the whole game
justin is not just another injury, plus we have a back up who is not even respectable. at least when willis went down last year, grant was more than respectable. our depth on the defensive line and linebacker has been razor thin all year and the coaches are either unable or unwilling to do anything about it
My biggest problem with this particular Niners team is Roman's play calling and the passing game. I think the fact that Roman is centered on the running game and other coaches craft the passing plays is a problem. And, I've never heard of such a set-up before. I'd just like to see more imagination with the passing game. They've got a QB who can make literally any throw they want to invent. When you look at the Seahawks passing game, you see all sorts of interesting and confusing picks for example, which are designed to take Bowman and/or Willis out of quick coverage on a flat receiver. I never see that with the Niners.