Until Marvin puts up his thread, I figured I would start a thread for us to add our thoughts. If I were Marvin, I would not want to rewatch that game.
Anyway, here are reasons that we should be hopeful that meeting the Seahawks in the playoffs would have a different outcome then last night.
1. The 49ers best defensive player was not on the field.
2. The Seahawks will not have home field advantage, making it much easier for the 49ers offensively.
3. Blocked FG and returns for a TD are fluke plays that don't happen every week.
4. Defense was exhausted from NE and may not have been as prepared for the game as most weeks.
5. Losing VD and Manningham limited the 49ers offensively.
6. Running game was used sparingly due to the score and injury to VD.
7. Sherman may be serving a suspension the next time that they meet.
8. The Seahawks needed this win more than the 49ers.
Here are reasons that playing the Seahawks again may have the same result:
1. Russell Wilson won't be any easier to tackle in your home stadium
2. Justin Smith, VD, and Manningham may not be available the next time they play either.
3. In both meetings, the 49ers are only able to score 13 points a game.