There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we overrated???

Are we overrated???

Originally posted by susweel:
gotta love overreaction monday

Yup. A week ago we were self proclaimed champs.

Now we are self proclaimed chumps.

If GB loses, which is very possible, and SF wins, we will be self proclaimed champs again.

Originally posted by NinerTeam:
Originally posted by 5280High:
The sky is not falling...

New England and Seattle is a murderers row of road games in December... The two hardest places to play in the league.

We went 1-1 and beat NE... the first time in a decade that has happened in December at their place. That game was exhausting and it showed against Seattle. This team will be fine, they will take care of AZ and win the division. Seattle will come to SF and that will have a very different outcome than last nights game.

We need more posts like this.

We don't have more posts like this because everyone here likes to panic. We are not overrated. People we just saying we were the best team in football just days ago. We traveled cross country to play sunday night games back to back. That game seattle won is just one game. They don't get to carry over points for the next game. They got us; now it's time to prepare for the Cardinals and win the division/ 2 seed. We are a great football team. We won't cruise through the playoffs but we will be a very very tough out especially at home.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

If GB loses, which is very possible, and SF wins, we will be self proclaimed champs again.

Here's a toast to AP in hopes that he runs wild over GB.
Injuries are taking their toll, weak game plan in Seattle
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Here's a toast to AP in hopes that he runs wild over GB.

yah hopefully they can win but I doubt it. Im cool with a third seed considering we had a pretty hard schedule.
yes.
And the Seahawks should thank the P.E.D's also we can beat them anytime just a bad game well bounce back no need to be worried
Originally posted by NinerTeam:
We need more posts like this.

Couldn't have said it myself. If I tell you guys that we'll split between the NE and Sea road games, most of you would be happy, right? Just like Ali vs. Frazier (SF vs NE), it's a very long, tiring and emotional fight. Not to mention we had to fly all the way across the country and back. Hey NE barely beat Jax!!!!

We looked exhausted against Seattle...simply no gas left in the tank. All the injuries don't help our cause either.

Gotta keep our heads up!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think the biggest issue is the lack of sustained drives. Then possibly a larger issue, is the lack of the coaching staff in realising what kind of Offense is most effective to run with this team, and the type of defense we run. A high octane, heavy hitting defense that relys heavily on LB's and Safetys to headhunt needs an offense that can sustain drives other wise they gas, and get injured due to too much time on the field.

everyone fell in love with Kaeps ability to make big plays, but failed to realise that the Offense with AS at the helm was much more suited to our defense due to long clock eating, drives..

A big play is fine and dandy, but sustained drives are more important when you have an elite defense to rely on.

Another thing is AS was much more efficient running th offence. We should not be dumbing down an offense at this point in the season.

Another thing that worries me, especially after this game, was Kaep was staring down his receivers really badly. That as something alot of people criticised smith for, and smith IMO was never near as bad at that as Kaep as in this game. He is also clearly starting to question his decision making. That hesitation on the manningham pass where he got injured was as bad as i have seen.

I still think Kaep will probably be OK in the long run, but it has become clear that coach made a horrible decision benching AS, and it has probally cost us our super bowl run. Harbaugh has done neither Kaep, nor this team any favors by benching AS. For all the praise he rightfully earned last season, he has been almost the exact opposite this season. He deserves alot if not most of the blame for the shortcomings of this team.

Game plan was aweful this week. Frank Gore made a name for himself against Seattle and we come out gunslinging? Still cant fix the play clock issues? f**king made me sick quite frankly.

I tend to agree with a lot of this. I think Kaep has a huge upside. But he's not ready this year. The little things like all the timeouts we use because we can't read th defense fast enough for audibles, can't get the center exchange clean, delay of game penalties, interceptions into double coverage. I like Kaep long term. But he's not ready this year.

In hindsight it may have been a mistake to switch QB's. Alex would give us a chance. Going into the playoffs with this and we are toast.

Dnt get me wrong. I am a Kaep fan. I am also a harbaugh fan(roman not so much) I just think Harbaugh really screwed the team by prematurely benching AS, and it certainly hasnt helped Kaep any. His stubborness has also been disapointing. Changes like this should happen in the offseason when they have a chance to tailor an offense to the QB, and progress that offense throughout the season. When everything is working well, you simply dont make the decision to change, simply for the sake of change. Its pretty clear at this point that it as the wrong decision.

Just about agree with all of this! Still, we know it won't change anything and it'll be Kaep to take us into the playoffs, and hopefully, beyond to the "Dance". The thing that bothers me is that a rookie plays so much better and smarter than our 2 year guy. Gotta admit, Wilson is a special player.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by 190836:
I just heard that Carroll said that the Niners have the slowest offensive tempo in the league. Now who do we blame for that? Obviously its the coaching and the philosophy!!!

Philosophy is to hold onto the ball and keep opposing offence off the field. This worked well for us in the past. The 9ers just looked tired on defense last night. The offense looked like they telegraphed the plays. Seattle's defense were in the right formations all night.
Why were they looking tired? Have asked yourself that? Could it be that H. is working them too hard? If you are old enough, you'll remember that Bill Walsh would ease off from hard practices as the season advanced, That's not what I am hearing from coach Harbaugh's practice routines. As for keeping the opponents offense off the field, you don't think Walsh did the same thing without implementing this kind of predictable offense?
We have been out coached and played to exhaustion. The defense is not use to a QB that can get down the field in 2 throws they are use to Alex driving down the field. The defense has more time on the sideline with AS than CK. (It doesn't help he makes stupid plays either)
[ Edited by 619Niner on Dec 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM ]

So true. I really need to remind myself to stop reading NT after a loss.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think the biggest issue is the lack of sustained drives. Then possibly a larger issue, is the lack of the coaching staff in realising what kind of Offense is most effective to run with this team, and the type of defense we run. A high octane, heavy hitting defense that relys heavily on LB's and Safetys to headhunt needs an offense that can sustain drives other wise they gas, and get injured due to too much time on the field.

everyone fell in love with Kaeps ability to make big plays, but failed to realise that the Offense with AS at the helm was much more suited to our defense due to long clock eating, drives..

A big play is fine and dandy, but sustained drives are more important when you have an elite defense to rely on.

Another thing is AS was much more efficient running th offence. We should not be dumbing down an offense at this point in the season.

Another thing that worries me, especially after this game, was Kaep was staring down his receivers really badly. That as something alot of people criticised smith for, and smith IMO was never near as bad at that as Kaep as in this game. He is also clearly starting to question his decision making. That hesitation on the manningham pass where he got injured was as bad as i have seen.

I still think Kaep will probably be OK in the long run, but it has become clear that coach made a horrible decision benching AS, and it has probally cost us our super bowl run. Harbaugh has done neither Kaep, nor this team any favors by benching AS. For all the praise he rightfully earned last season, he has been almost the exact opposite this season. He deserves alot if not most of the blame for the shortcomings of this team.

Game plan was aweful this week. Frank Gore made a name for himself against Seattle and we come out gunslinging? Still cant fix the play clock issues? f**king made me sick quite frankly.

I tend to agree with a lot of this. I think Kaep has a huge upside. But he's not ready this year. The little things like all the timeouts we use because we can't read th defense fast enough for audibles, can't get the center exchange clean, delay of game penalties, interceptions into double coverage. I like Kaep long term. But he's not ready this year.

In hindsight it may have been a mistake to switch QB's. Alex would give us a chance. Going into the playoffs with this and we are toast.

Dnt get me wrong. I am a Kaep fan. I am also a harbaugh fan(roman not so much) I just think Harbaugh really screwed the team by prematurely benching AS, and it certainly hasnt helped Kaep any. His stubborness has also been disapointing. Changes like this should happen in the offseason when they have a chance to tailor an offense to the QB, and progress that offense throughout the season. When everything is working well, you simply dont make the decision to change, simply for the sake of change. Its pretty clear at this point that it as the wrong decision.

Just about agree with all of this! Still, we know it won't change anything and it'll be Kaep to take us into the playoffs, and hopefully, beyond to the "Dance". The thing that bothers me is that a rookie plays so much better and smarter than our 2 year guy. Gotta admit, Wilson is a special player.

The way i look at it is this.This team has always had some shortcomings on Offense, But Alex, who was called a Game Manager, But was really more like a game General, did alot to comerup for those shortcomings through realtime adjustments at the LOS. That, and he beleived in spreading the football around, and riding Gore as the bell Cow. This was the way the offense was tailored to fit his mentality and strengths as a QB.

The Media latched on to AS as the weak link to the offense, for lack of a better term he was the scapegoat. Always has been since he was drafted.With AS getting the media attention, all harbaugh had to do was defend his QB. That is much easier to do than to defend ones own shortcomings as a coach.

Now that AS is no longer the scapegoat, the media is begining to see that this is not the dreamteam it was last season. They are begining to question why? A few of harbaughs questionable decisions this season are coming front and center, and harbaugh has yet to own those decisions.

My biggest problem with harbaugh right now is the fact that he is stubborn, and hasnt taken responsibility for the mistakes he has made. I still think he is a quality coach, but i am begining to seriously question his integrity when it comes to taking responsibility for the problems he and his staff has caused with this team.

I do not blame Kaep. Never have. He is a young QB with alot of talent who is obviously trying his best. It just wasnt the right time for this to happen. Russell Wilson's situation is differant in that, yes he is a rookie, but he was the starter from the getgo, his offense has had time to be tailored and molded and adjusted to best fit him over the course of an entire season, and over the last few games has hit its stride.

We attempted to change an Offense that was clearly working fine, and put Kaep out there at Midseason, with no clear vision of how that offense would look under Kaep, and no clear evidence, that even if we knew what it would look like, that it would work beter than the already strongly efficient offense we were currently running.
I think I'm just going to refrain from reading anything on this forum for the rest of the week. Hopefully when I come back next Monday, the "We're the greatest team ever", and "We're going to win the Superbowl" threads will be back... I can't believe how much things change around here in a week. The sky isn't falling, good teams lose, and sometimes lose terribly. The overreaction to everything here is absolutely ridiculous.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

So true. I really need to remind myself to stop reading NT after a loss.

You guys are portraying a falsity. Is this place crazy after a loss? yes. But there are alot of us that have been pointing out shortcomings even after wins all season long. This team is far from perfect, and some of these decisions that have been made have amplified our shortcomings over the last half of the season.

This goes both ways. Kaep throws for 4 TD's and then all of a suden people are calling him a top 5 QB.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, and the blame mostly falls on the coaching staff.