There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we overrated???

Are we overrated???

Originally posted by 5280High:
The sky is not falling...

New England and Seattle is a murderers row of road games in December... The two hardest places to play in the league.

We went 1-1 and beat NE... the first time in a decade that has happened in December at their place. That game was exhausting and it showed against Seattle. This team will be fine, they will take care of AZ and win the division. Seattle will come to SF and that will have a very different outcome than last nights game.

We need more posts like this.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Yes, and so was every other Niner team that lost games during the season, even the teams that won the Superbowl.

Completely overrated.

THANK YOU, silence all this all this overrated talk.

New England and Seattle is a murderers row of road games in December... The two hardest places to play in the league.

We went 1-1 and beat NE... the first time in a decade that has happened in December at their place. That game was exhausting and it showed against Seattle. This team will be fine, they will take care of AZ and win the division. Seattle will come to SF and that will have a very different outcome than last nights game.

Pretty much all this. To expand on the two hardest places to play in the league, the Niners have played the past 4 of 5 on the road and in the THREE toughest places to win - New Orleans, Foxboro, and Seattle. They've also won in Green Bay this year. I have no doubt that this team can go anywhere and win. I just would like the bye because this team could use some time to get healthy.

But I don't think there is any real reason to panic.
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by barrymartin:
The questions is, what is causing this inconsistancy? Last year they had a steadiness they don't have this year. Something feels like it is missing, but I can't seem to put my finger on it. They don't seem to have the consistent level of energy and execution that they need to be real Superbowl team....

QB change midseason

Hate to say it but it makes a lot of sense. Every team goes through growing pains in the beginning of the year (patriots lost to the cardinals). The problem is that the QB change, regardless of who is QB, made the team adjust what it was doing and added more growing pains. So while teams like Green Bay are gelling for a playoff push, were still figuring out how to run our offense. I think Kaep is the QB of the future and I like what I see from him. I just wish Harbaugh would have waited to make the switch until the offseason, or at least done it early this year rather than week 10.

One other thing is this schedule has been brutal for the niners. I don't think I've ever seen a team have to travel to GB, Seattle, New England, and New Orleans in the same year. All things considered, they went 3-1 on those games. That tells me that the team can beat anyone but they're going to need to figure out this red zone offense because its atrocious.
i'm a detroit pistons fan, this team reminds me of the pistons from the 2004-2008 era. very good team, can win most games, but on those days when they just dont have it games turn into carnivals. we dont know how to stop the bleeding. we take dumb penalties, usually personal fouls, out of frustration and dig the hole even deeper. the difference is b-ball has 82 games and football has 16, you can put up with a few clunkers in b-ball. those pistons team frustrated me on the days they just didnt have it, but we also had a championship to hang out hat on, this team does not. i dont care so much about the loss, we didnt lose much in terms of losing a division or whatever, i'm concerned with this team maturity.
Originally posted by NinerTeam:

This
Originally posted by niners94:
We have too many off games.

This.

This win two, lose one trend is a little disturbing.
Bad karma. The benching of Alex Smith = Massive injuries and first round exit
No we aren't overrated because our players play without P.E.D's
Originally posted by Camster41:
Bad karma. The benching of Alex Smith = Massive injuries and first round exit

Brilliant!!!!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by niners94:
We have too many off games.

This.

This win two, lose one trend is a little disturbing.
Yeah.. I can write off a bad game or two, but this is far more than that.

You are right and I agree, but you just can't disregard the effect of injuries on the team.
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:

You are right and I agree, but you just can't disregard the effect of injuries on the team.

I've never felt this way about another team before but guys have we already passed the NFC West torch to the Seahawks???? Their defense is better than ours, their QB is better than ours, their running game is better than ours. Their special teams is better than ours. We may have a slight edge in the passing game.

Maybe if someone can figure out how to stop Russell Wilson from scrambling in the backfield they'll come down to earth.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I've never felt this way about another team before but guys have we already passed the NFC West torch to the Seahawks???? Their defense is better than ours, their QB is better than ours, their running game is better than ours. Their special teams is better than ours. We may have a slight edge in the passing game.

Maybe if someone can figure out how to stop Russell Wilson from scrambling in the backfield they'll come down to earth.

LOL, no. The only advantage their defense has is in the secondary which is why the 49ers must upgrade and become stronger in coverage overall. 49ers just had an off-game yesterday, playing in front of their home crowd.

Do you think Seattle comes to SF and pulls some of that same crap? Not a chance.
gotta love overreaction monday