LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Bring in a NT or 3-4 DE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With Dobbs out with injury, and with Cowboy out with injury, all of a sudden Baalke and company keeping 7 DL seems brilliant. I think with an open roster spot the niners need to grab the best available FA DT/NT or bring up Jerod Ellie from the PS. I was hoping for Matt Masifilo but it appears Tampa Bay has now poached two off of the niners practice squad, Chase Beeler, and Matt Massifilo.

Ian Williams and RJF have not proven they can go a lot of snaps like Ray McDonald and Cowboy can. If they are to be starters they need fresh sets of legs to rate in to keep their legs fresh.
Could they activate Ian Williams this week, if Justin is not gonna be able to go?

RJF is extremely strong, and may be the heir apparent to Justin in a couple years. I think he'll do just fine against a relatively weak Seattle o-line.

And I'd like to see Ian Williams get some snaps as well. He showed some ability in training camp to put pressure on the QB.

I am guessing this will be a top priority in the draft. I see lots of additions to the defense in the draft this year. I hope this is a strong year for defensive line and CBs
RJF has really improved and he, MO, is way ahead of Dobbs and Tuk in performance.

Without a doubt this MUST be addressed in the upcoming draft.
We have Ian Williams and Cam Johnson.. save money and develop them
The team has been super deep this year. RJF played a fine game vs. the pats. I think we will be fine. THe key isn't so much to sack Russel this week anyway. You want to plug the run and play contain on Wilson. We'll probably play Bowman as a spy on Wilson, and mix it up with Willis as the spy once in a while. Wilson is not going ot run free on us. No way.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
RJF has really improved and he, MO, is way ahead of Dobbs and Tuk in performance.

Without a doubt this MUST be addressed in the upcoming draft.

The positive side is RJF has Millions of dollars to movtivate him for the next few games. If he can prove he is a starter quality 3-4 DE his value in FA will go way up. If he is average, and is a career back up, his value will pllummet.
Share 49ersWebzone