LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

NFC West Champs! 2nd seed!! (End of Reg Season)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Find me an every down back on the 49ers roster and I'll agree with what Steve Young says.
Originally posted by socalniner:
why can't we just play old school west coast than this college gimmick b******t?
This!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
man injuries really kicked our butts this year

we have also kicked our own butts with stupid mistakes, penalties terrible coaching at times, lack of emotion and effort at times, a num nuts kicker and being scared in seattle sunday
a lot of the cardinals players are saying this is the last game they will ever play in a cardinals uniform

pretty sure they do not give a f**k anymore
Originally posted by verb1der:
Find me an every down back on the 49ers roster and I'll agree with what Steve Young says.
What about that Frank Gore guy??? He's pretty good on 3rd down, and not bad on 1st and 2nd down as well.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by socalniner:
why can't we just play old school west coast than this college gimmick b******t?
This!!!
cuz its cute and as you know, our coaches like cute
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
What about that Frank Gore guy??? He's pretty good on 3rd down, and not bad on 1st and 2nd down as well.

plus he certainly has not had a heavy workload over the last month so he should be well rested for post season.. i do not know if that is good or bad news
Originally posted by cciowa:

plus he certainly has not had a heavy workload over the last month so he should be well rested for post season.. i do not know if that is good or bad news

maybe that was the plan all along
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
a lot of the cardinals players are saying this is the last game they will ever play in a cardinals uniform

pretty sure they do not give a f**k anymore

well then we better god damn make sure we take them out early and not f**k around with them like we did with the dolphins,, you give a team like that confidence, you are in trouble,, the last thing in the world we need is trouble with this team,,, they need to take control early build a nice lead and rest some guys just in case we do not get that bye. we can not just set around playing f**king checkers,, assuming the cards are not going to play hard. the seattle blowout and the way our team was intimidated should have slapped the arrogance out of us
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by cciowa:

maybe that was the plan all along
wonderfull its like being ok with losing cuz ck is learning

Sure, perhaps at the beginning of the game. But anyone who pays close attention to Gore, knows he wears down as the game goes on. He runs extremely hard, but you can clearly see him calling to be subbed after a hard run. What happens when he does that? They put in LMJ or Dixon. Do defenses fear LMJ or Dixon out the backfield? No.

Anyone who thinks Gore is an every down back at this point is in denial. The fact is, 49ers can no longer rely on a ground and pound run scheme since we lost Hunter. I don't understand why no one can see this. It's clearly obvious.

So how do they make for it? They use the pistol/Q. Because the formation still allows versatile run/pass scheme that keeps a defense honest. Is it perfect? No. But has it worked against top tier teams. Yes.

Coaches are working with what they have, and all those complaining that "we should go back to what we did before" is completely ignoring the fact that 49ers do not have the same RBs that were the catalysts for those formations.

Ted Robinson said it best "People have no idea how crucial it was to lose Kendall Hunter."
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM ]

Sure, perhaps at the beginning of the game. But anyone who pays close attention to Gore, knows he wears down as the game goes on. He runs extremely hard, but you can clearly see him calling to be subbed after a hard run. What happens when he does that? They put in LMJ or Dixon. Do defenses fear LMJ or Dixon out the backfield? No.

Anyone who thinks Gore is an every down back at this point is in denial. The fact is, 49ers can no longer rely on a ground and pound run scheme since we lost Hunter. I don't understand why no one can see this. It's clearly obvious.

So how do they make for it? They use the pistol/Q. Because the formation still allows versatile run/pass scheme that keeps a defense honest. Is it perfect? No. But has it worked against top tier teams. Yes.

Coaches are working with what they have, and all those complaining that "we should go back to what we did before" is completely ignoring the fact that 49ers do not have the same RBs that were the catalysts for those formations.

Ted Robinson said it best "People have no idea how crucial it was to lose Kendall Hunter."
Yes, the loss of Hunter was crucial, but Frank isn't done, and with a little spell here and there during a game, he can make it through a complete game even now.

So if we get ahead by several TDs against Arizona, and want to run the ball in the second half to use up the clock? Frank Gore's gonna be the man.

Want to establish the run game early in order to set up some play action? Frank Gore's the man. Every down!

Maybe I'm in denial, but I'd still take Frank Gore, on any down, throughout the game!!!

Yes, the loss of Hunter was crucial, but Frank isn't done, and with a little spell here and there during a game, he can make it through a complete game even now.

So if we get ahead by several TDs against Arizona, and want to run the ball in the second half to use up the clock? Frank Gore's gonna be the man.

Want to establish the run game early in order to set up some play action? Frank Gore's the man. Every down!

Maybe I'm in denial, but I'd still take Frank Gore, on any down, throughout the game!!!

Hunter was no backup, he was a co-starter. His stats were nearly identical to Frank's this year. It was like having 2 Frank Gores! Can you imagine that?

But yea I respect how you feel.. Gore has definitely been our comfort zone for years and years. But he is not superhuman.
side note:

How could our entire offensive line made the probowl roster, either as an alternate or the actual roster, cannot pass protect?
Hunter was no backup, he was a co-starter. His stats were nearly identical to Frank's this year. It was like having 2 Frank Gores! Can you imagine that?

But yea I respect how you feel.. Gore has definitely been our comfort zone for years and years. But he is not superhuman.
Yeah, I understand your concern, and totally agree about Hunter.

But the season's coming down to the end, and its time for guys to step up.

Gore has proven time and again to be a guy who can and will step up, big time.

I expect to see alot of him to start off against Arizona, and when we get up big on them, rest him up and use Dixon and LMJ in the second half.

Share 49ersWebzone