There are 189 users in the forums

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Next year is going to be nasty
Dont want this EVER!
i hope he doesnt. you dont want your QB out there running all the time, look at vick now. he gets broken every year and he sucks now. kaep should only run when he has to and on maybe one or two designed runs a game. if he can get 1000 with that im down lol. hopefully our receivers get upgraded again next year and he has a shot at 5000k in the air instead
He will get hurt He must become a passer first like Steve Young can he get closes yes!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope he doesnt. you dont want your QB out there running all the time, look at vick now. he gets broken every year and he sucks now. kaep should only run when he has to and on maybe one or two designed runs a game. if he can get 1000 with that im down lol. hopefully our receivers get upgraded again next year and he has a shot at 5000k in the air instead

this.
i don't want him running that much
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

this.

vick is barely 6 ft. and brittle, kap is almost 6'5" and strong
1021 Yards Rushing

3,998 Yards Passing

33 Touchdowns (27 Pass 6 Rush)

11 Ints (3 tipped passing to AJ Jenkins lol)

MVP!

I doubt he will ever be a 1000 yard rusher. There is a big difference between Kaepernick and the other mobile quarterbacks, Kaep will slide or go out of bounds when he gets into traffic. And when he does run, he is hardly ever touched. Of Kaepernick 181 yards rushing against Green Bay, 178 yards were before contact. Honestly, I'm not too worried about him running the ball.
I hope he does get it. I think Michael Vick has the NFL record for the most rushing yards for a QB in a season, taking it from Young. If this is so, I want that record back in 49ers colours.

With Kaep, the yards primarily will come from his arms; his legs are just an emergency exit if needed … of course, Coach Jim and Roman have a play that does includes his awesome run ...
Share 49ersWebzone