There are 210 users in the forums

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
i rather him throw for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs

I agree, running Qb's do not survive in the NFL , let alone win a SB .But Kap doe seem to want to pass the ball first,n which he should with his cannon for an arm .

Unless your name is Steve Young who indeed did win a superbowl and managed his way into the Hall of Fame who did it on our team for a decade.

Steve was a scrambler, but they had very few DESIGNED runs.

He also got really good when he STOPPED running. As far as I can remember, he is the ONLY "mobile" QB who has EVER won a SB, and again....he did so after learning to stop running so much.

Also...he retired from getting too many concussions...a remnant of his running past.

Rodgers is pretty mobile. Or you mean run-first QB?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
exactly....no one wants to loose another QB to head injuries

YOU WANT YOUR QB ON THE LOOSE !!!!!
Do we want our QB to be a thousand yard rusher? I don't. Read option will get us nowhere. It's a fad.
Sure.

We will lose every game doing it.

Losing with Kap > winning with Alex.
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Sure.

We are going backwards at the moment IMO with Kaep.
If he were to rush for 1000 yards means he's leaving the pocket every chance he gets. Plus, 7.5 yards/carry is unsustainable over the course of a season. 1000 yards assuming a more realistic 5 yards/carry = 200 carries. Spread over 16 games = 12.5 carries/game. That's almost starting RB carries.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sure.

Weren't you an ardent Kaep supporter?
Originally posted by Jt8786:
Sure.

Not sure if this was directed at me or San Diego, so I'll answer just in case...

Not this year. Next year, yeah. But not this year, not in the middle of a playoff run.
Sure.

Not sure if this was directed at me or San Diego, so I'll answer just in case...

Not this year. Next year, yeah. But not this year, not in the middle of a playoff run.

This has always been my view. I fell in love with the upside too. But we may have just tanked our season with this experiment I felt 2 solid years on the bench and learning in practice would be good. He just does the little stupid stuff wrong that kills you. Wasting timeouts because he doesn't read the defense and audible fast enough, not getting the snap from center secured, delay of game penalties, interceptions into coverage where it should not be thrown.

I always felt next year would be better. I think we tanked our season with this experiment. We could have had the #2 seed and a bye. I think Alex could have beat the Rams. In fact he always had good games vs. the Rams. I think he would play a little better in this Seattle game.

Upside is huge. Just not ready yet. I think he cost us this season.
Sure.

This has always been my view. I fell in love with the upside too. But we may have just tanked our season with this experiment I felt 2 solid years on the bench and learning in practice would be good. He just does the little stupid stuff wrong that kills you. Wasting timeouts because he doesn't read the defense and audible fast enough, not getting the snap from center secured, delay of game penalties, interceptions into coverage where it should not be thrown.

I always felt next year would be better. I think we tanked our season with this experiment. We could have had the #2 seed and a bye. I think Alex could have beat the Rams. In fact he always had good games vs. the Rams. I think he would play a little better in this Seattle game.

This

Sure.

10 yards at a time!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Sure.

This

Jim Said he's starter next week, and he's not going to change that even if we lay another egg against them... It's done Jim's not going back for better or worse this is the starter unless colin get's injured. If i was alex I pay someone to hit him in the leg
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Jim Said he's starter next week, and he's not going to change that even if we lay another egg against them... It's done Jim's not going back for better or worse this is the starter unless colin get's injured. If i was alex I pay someone to hit him in the leg

The 49ers should win the game against the Cardinals. Otherwise we will know for sure we don't have to buy that big screen TV.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

IMO Jim made his decision at the start of the season that he was going to bench AS the first chance he got. Thats the only way i can explain why he was forcing Kaep into the gameplan in horrible situations and killing drives while AS as the starter. I had alot of respect for Coach, and to a point still do. But i really have to question his integrity with the decision to bench AS.
Share 49ersWebzone