LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Unless your name is Steve Young who indeed did win a superbowl and managed his way into the Hall of Fame who did it on our team for a decade.

Yes and guess what forced him into retirement?

Yeah I know and I get your point. I don't want Kaep taking concussions like Young did either. Just pointing out that a running QB can win a superbowl and last in the NFL, maybe not forever but still.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Unless your name is Steve Young who indeed did win a superbowl and managed his way into the Hall of Fame who did it on our team for a decade.

but in those two years at least he had to,,,, it was not good for him or for our team for young to be our best running back. that is just not good if you want to be an elite team. he had a running back when he won a super bowl. then he did not for a couple of years and we never got back to the big game. when he finally did with hearst we know what occured when hearst broke his leg vs atlanta i think i have the time line right
So far it really doesn't seem that he takes too many hits. I remember him getting clocked in the St Louis game but that's really the only horrible hit I've seen him take.
Why? We don't need a QB that can scramble we need a pocket passer plus have you seen what happens to QB that scramble for yards a few every game is alright to get a first down or so but 1000 yards is ridiculous. Do you want his career shorten it's not worth it in my opinion....
Hell no! The last thing we need is for him to get hurt. This is a Superbowl caliber team where it's overall talent is in its prime.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

Yes and guess what forced him into retirement?

Yeah I know and I get your point. I don't want Kaep taking concussions like Young did either. Just pointing out that a running QB can win a superbowl and last in the NFL, maybe not forever but still.

Young didn't last long as a starter.
I'd rather he work on his accuracy
Originally posted by Furlow:
If he achieves this, his career as an NFL QB will be over.

Agreed. This is absolutely the last thing we want. There isn't a running QB that lasts. He must become a pocket passer number one, a scrambler two and then run only when the lane is clearly open and he won't take a chance on getting annihilated. The read option will never work in the NFL. The power and speed of the defense is way superior to college.
sure he can. alex smith could have if it were designed by the coaches. the coaches arent going to let that happen sorry. but yeah of course he could
Originally posted by barrymartin:

Agreed. This is absolutely the last thing we want. There isn't a running QB that lasts. He must become a pocket passer number one, a scrambler two and then run only when the lane is clearly open and he won't take a chance on getting annihilated. The read option will never work in the NFL. The power and speed of the defense is way superior to college.

Kaep isn't putting his head down and taking big hits trying to be Tebow. Obviously Harbaugh is going pass first and Kaep runs it if he forced to and then he gets out of bounds or slides. I am fine with it if he isn't taking huge hits.

Originally posted by socalniner:
I'd rather he work on his accuracy

He's pretty accurate now except throwing to Vernon Davis.
Ask ,Steve young,Vick or lately RGIII....if he will last...teams make adjustments..he was traded to be a QB not RB ...
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Ask ,Steve young,Vick or lately RGIII....if he will last...teams make adjustments..he was traded to be a QB not RB ...

Traded?
Originally posted by barrymartin:

Kaep isn't putting his head down and taking big hits trying to be Tebow. Obviously Harbaugh is going pass first and Kaep runs it if he forced to and then he gets out of bounds or slides. I am fine with it if he isn't taking huge hits.

Thats the thing, you run for that many yards and your going to take shots. No way around it. There is a reason why Qb's who have the most success in this league, and who's careers last the longest, do so from the pocket. There is room for mobile, athletic QB's in this league, but they need to be pocket passers first and formost.

Look at RG3. He has been banged up all season. If he stays in the offense he is in now, his career will be plaqued with injurys, and it will be a fraction of the length it could be if he was in a pro style offense.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Have you seen the hits RG3 has taken already. He hasn't jus got hit, he's got his bell rung. I don't want kaep gettin hit like that. Do you know why Steve Young retired(I think), it wasn't cause he got old. Half the yards & around 4000(or more) passing is a good year.

exactly....no one wants to loose another QB to head injuries
Share 49ersWebzone