There are 486 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Why would you want a 1000 yard rusher in your QB? And didn't some of those yards come from spot duty in various games when alex was starting?


Definitely some of those #'s came in Tebow like packages when Alex was starting.

I don't know if I want a 1,000 yard rusher or not? But why can't he throw for 3,000 and rush for 1,000? That would project like he was at Nevada Wolfpack. That's really who he is / was. I don't know if it's good or bad? But he's clearly an athletic QB. I don't see Redskins fans complaing he has too many yards rushing or is too athletic....

Are you sure about that? Because if Kirk Cousins didn't come in to save the day the last two weeks, and RGIII missed 2 games in the middle of a dead heat playoff race and they missed the playoffs because he wanted a couple of extra yards, they'd be pretty pissed. Next year we won't have Alex, and I'm not too confident Tolzein can do what Kirk just did. They complain about his scrambling A LOT.


Tolzien can do it. Please....
Originally posted by ayetee:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Why would you want a 1000 yard rusher in your QB? And didn't some of those yards come from spot duty in various games when alex was starting?


Definitely some of those #'s came in Tebow like packages when Alex was starting.

I don't know if I want a 1,000 yard rusher or not? But why can't he throw for 3,000 and rush for 1,000? That would project like he was at Nevada Wolfpack. That's really who he is / was. I don't know if it's good or bad? But he's clearly an athletic QB. I don't see Redskins fans complaing he has too many yards rushing or is too athletic....

Are you sure about that? Because if Kirk Cousins didn't come in to save the day the last two weeks, and RGIII missed 2 games in the middle of a dead heat playoff race and they missed the playoffs because he wanted a couple of extra yards, they'd be pretty pissed. Next year we won't have Alex, and I'm not too confident Tolzein can do what Kirk just did. They complain about his scrambling A LOT.

With two seasons under Harbaugh, I'd say Tolzien can step in if need be. Of course, we hope not.

Kaep didn't miss any game in Nevada running like a mad man and he is sturdy at 6'5" 235lbs, but I wish he would only run to get out of trouble nowadays. NFL D's look a bit stronger and faster than NCAA.


Kaep is sturdy. And people underestimate Tolzien. Watch him in preseason. Or his tape at Wisconsin. He can throw.
The fact that Kaep can run should be looked at as a BONUS, not a strength. His strengths should be pocket passing, evading pressure, throwing on the run. When he was backing up Alex and came in every now and then, it was a strength because he wasn't THE guy. Now he is, so I would like for the running to be just a bonus and happen only when completely necessary.

1 more injury, especially if it's a serious one, and RGIII will quickly take his strength of being a runner and turn it into a bonus. Even Steve Young after that Monday night football game point blank asked RGIII "do YOU think you can sustain this"? It just is not realistic these days with how ridiculously big and fast these D players are.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
The fact that Kaep can run should be looked at as a BONUS, not a strength. His strengths should be pocket passing, evading pressure, throwing on the run. When he was backing up Alex and came in every now and then, it was a strength because he wasn't THE guy. Now he is, so I would like for the running to be just a bonus and happen only when completely necessary.

1 more injury, especially if it's a serious one, and RGIII will quickly take his strength of being a runner and turn it into a bonus. Even Steve Young after that Monday night football game point blank asked RGIII "do YOU think you can sustain this"? It just is not realistic these days with how ridiculously big and fast these D players are.


Well he has been running a lot this year and I don't see him injured yet. Plus he is 6'5" 235 lbs. Much bigger than RG3 on height and weight. He's more sturdy. He also tends to run outside more than RG3 who looks for the middle of the field and contact.
In the mold of a steve young when he knew he could carry a team with his arm is just fine.

Fix the pass pro
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
i rather him throw for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs

I agree, running Qb's do not survive in the NFL , let alone win a SB .But Kap doe seem to want to pass the ball first,n which he should with his cannon for an arm .
maybe, if alex smith stops taking his carries
Only if he learns how to hold on to the ball correctly.
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Only if he learns how to hold on to the ball correctly.


He needs to get the center snap down.
Caught up in too many of the posts is this concept that it's "bad if Kaep does that." That "he will get hurt." "We don't want to do this."

The question is not really whether or not you think it's bad or good or something we should strive for.

I simply asked do you think he can or will? And I described based on how many games he has played so far and looking at the averages projected out for a full season.


This thread just reminded me I miss Kendall Hunter.
His running ability should only be used enough to throw defenses off, if they want to have him run for a 1000 yards in a season they should keep alex smith
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Caught up in too many of the posts is this concept that it's "bad if Kaep does that." That "he will get hurt." "We don't want to do this."

The question is not really whether or not you think it's bad or good or something we should strive for.

I simply asked do you think he can or will? And I described based on how many games he has played so far and looking at the averages projected out for a full season.



I think everyone agrees it's a no brainer that he can, will he? never know, but hope not unless he does w/o injury
It's funny this topic came up, because they were talking something about this on NFL Am this morning.

It's funny because both hosts feel that 1. Kaep, and 2. Wilson, will both have sophmore slumps next year, because they feel that with Kaep there's still not much tape, but that next year teams will def plan better for him, and they doubt he'll be breaking too many 50-70 yard runs.

I too have to agree that with the arm he has that he should pass maybe 75% of the time and run maybe 25%. Durability is a concern and a few big hits, and that will change a whole lot.

So i'd have to say no on the 1000yd rushing premise.
No thank you. I want a healthy QB.