LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can Kaepernick be a 1,000 yard rusher next year with 10 TD's?

Hell no. Smith wont be around and the last thing the Niners will want is for Kap to be running that much. 1000 yards? Not a chance.
He looks to pass first. The few designed runs have been few since he's been the starter. He'll make that big run when the pocket collapses and break the back of the opposing defense. He's too valuable to run often.
If your QB is running for a 1000 yards, your team probably isn't doing all that awesome. Vick's the only one who has done it and his team was 7-9 that year. If your quarterback is running that much, it essentially means that you don't trust him to throw the ball, which was the deal with Vick pretty much, only throwing for about 150 yards a game, with 20 TD's and 13 INT's.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM ]
yeah id rather him not run to much. i would prefer him to run only when a play breaks down and where he doesnt get cracked. i like his pocket pressance and the way he plays from the pocket.. i dont want anything crazy happening to him cause we were running. its what we have frank and kendal and lamichael for.
Don't care

All I want is him to lead is to multiple SB's, everything else is just icing on the cake.
[ Edited by YungBird on Dec 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
RG3 runs where you find NT's and MLB's. Not sure why?...

This, dude looks like he is on a quest to make contact regularly. The only time you run up the middle is when you've got a nice big gap that can lead to an easy 10-15 yard gain..and then you start sliding as soon as possible.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kap can walk on water and cure the sick, oh never mind I was talking about Tolzien.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Why would you want a 1000 yard rusher in your QB? And didn't some of those yards come from spot duty in various games when alex was starting?

Definitely some of those #'s came in Tebow like packages when Alex was starting.

I don't know if I want a 1,000 yard rusher or not? But why can't he throw for 3,000 and rush for 1,000? That would project like he was at Nevada Wolfpack. That's really who he is / was. I don't know if it's good or bad? But he's clearly an athletic QB. I don't see Redskins fans complaing he has too many yards rushing or is too athletic....

Are you sure about that? Because if Kirk Cousins didn't come in to save the day the last two weeks, and RGIII missed 2 games in the middle of a dead heat playoff race and they missed the playoffs because he wanted a couple of extra yards, they'd be pretty pissed. Next year we won't have Alex, and I'm not too confident Tolzein can do what Kirk just did. They complain about his scrambling A LOT.
Originally posted by vaden:
Of course, but running that much will almost certainly shorten his career and slow his development as a pocket passer.

Perhaps. But if you project him out this year for a full season. He would be north of 1,000 yards rushing and north of 10 TD's rushing also.

He's also been hit pretty bad too. Projecting the number of hits out only increases the likelihood of a serious injury. I agree with the vaden that we need his pocket passing to be a long term threat.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap can walk on water and cure the sick, oh never mind I was talking about Tolzien.

You naughty boy.

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Why would you want a 1000 yard rusher in your QB? And didn't some of those yards come from spot duty in various games when alex was starting?

Definitely some of those #'s came in Tebow like packages when Alex was starting.

I don't know if I want a 1,000 yard rusher or not? But why can't he throw for 3,000 and rush for 1,000? That would project like he was at Nevada Wolfpack. That's really who he is / was. I don't know if it's good or bad? But he's clearly an athletic QB. I don't see Redskins fans complaing he has too many yards rushing or is too athletic....

Are you sure about that? Because if Kirk Cousins didn't come in to save the day the last two weeks, and RGIII missed 2 games in the middle of a dead heat playoff race and they missed the playoffs because he wanted a couple of extra yards, they'd be pretty pissed. Next year we won't have Alex, and I'm not too confident Tolzein can do what Kirk just did. They complain about his scrambling A LOT.

With two seasons under Harbaugh, I'd say Tolzien can step in if need be. Of course, we hope not.

Kaep didn't miss any game in Nevada running like a mad man and he is sturdy at 6'5" 235lbs, but I wish he would only run to get out of trouble nowadays. NFL D's look a bit stronger and faster than NCAA.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't want him risking his neck the 150+ times a year it would take to get 1,000 yards
Originally posted by ayetee:
With two seasons under Harbaugh, I'd say Tolzien can step in if need be. Of course, we hope not.

Kaep didn't miss any game in Nevada running like a mad man and he is sturdy at 6'5" 235lbs, but I wish he would only run to get out of trouble nowadays. NFL D's look a bit stronger and faster than NCAA.

Except safeties in the NFL pretty much hit harder than most linebackers in college football. There's no reason for a QB to be taking unnecessary hits, that is the one position you want to be as protected as possible. If he's got room to run, great, but I don't want him running into the teeth of a defense repeatedly and taking huge shots over and over.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Could be but I would rather have Gore and Hunter go for 1,000 each and Kaep pass for 4,000.

I would rather have as much money as Bill Gates. But sometimes there is a difference in life between what IS and what we WOULD RATHER IT BE......
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Tolzien can do it. Please....
Share 49ersWebzone