There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any concern after Culliver's game?

Originally posted by sfout:
Can't remember where I read it(Think it was an MM article) but Tarell Brown gave up 150+ yards most of them to Brandon Lloyd, and was described as "being picked on" during key moments. Culliver had hell of a game when compared to TB, only "problem" was that he gave up that big play to Lloyd on NE's tying drive. At least he didn't give up and made the tackle.

cant blame any of those guys...those passes were pretty Fkn accurate...definetly hard to defend
Culliver is a baller! I love the fact that he's physical and has good awareness skills. He's be a very pleasant surprise. Not worried about him at all.
Culliver is the best corner on the team.....period.
No concern at all. Culliver was all over Lloyd on those plays. His only mistake was in not believing brady would throw to Lloyd on a few of those balls. On top of that Brady made SICK throws and Lloyd made SICK catches. I was at that game and those plays were unbelievable!!! I went back to rewatch the game when I got home because it was just hard to immage how Lloyd came up with some of those and he did. Also on the deep play I think they got that because Culliver after having a few circus cathces on him decided to peek to make a play and Lloyd got a sliver of separation and another perfect pass. The alternative is to put a guy overtop of Lloyd which you can't afford to do with Welker and Hernandez cruising the middle of the field.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
cant blame any of those guys...those passes were pretty Fkn accurate...definetly hard to defend

Yeah and on the big play to Lloyd BL gave him a little head snap torward Tom Brady and Culliver turned his head to look back and thats what slowed him down and gave Lloyd the easy catch. But the next time they tried a deeproute to Lloyd Culliver was all over him. Definitely will be starting next year if you ask me!
Originally posted by VA49er:
No concern at all. Culliver was all over Lloyd on those plays. His only mistake was in not believing brady would throw to Lloyd on a few of those balls. On top of that Brady made SICK throws and Lloyd made SICK catches. I was at that game and those plays were unbelievable!!! I went back to rewatch the game when I got home because it was just hard to immage how Lloyd came up with some of those and he did. Also on the deep play I think they got that because Culliver after having a few circus cathces on him decided to peek to make a play and Lloyd got a sliver of separation and another perfect pass. The alternative is to put a guy overtop of Lloyd which you can't afford to do with Welker and Hernandez cruising the middle of the field.

yeah it was a good veteran route and entire game by Lloyd. Im sure he wanted to win that game more than most on the field
Not at all. Corners get beat at times especially when playing against Tom Brady. I wouldnt worry about him.
Don't worry about Culliver. Revis said so too.

Not worried.

He had Brady throwing and our pass rush wasn't getting to him in the 2nd half like it did in the first half.

He'll be just fine.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Cully is fine.

/thread

Indeedy.

Agree. He just needs to start looking for the ball a little more, he seems to almost always have great coverage.