There are 172 users in the forums

Any concern after Culliver's game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wasn't happy when he slowed down to let Lloyd catch that 50-yarder, but other than that I thought most of his problems were trying to cover perfectly-thrown passes from one of the best QBs to play the game.
cut him
Against Brady? No, not worried. Several bad games in a row? Would be worried then.
Brown was the one getting torched by Lloyd all day more than Culliver.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Brown was the one getting torched by Lloyd all day more than Culliver.

Agreed
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. He's a very solid player most of the time. One deep ball I don't hold against him.

Co signed.
Best CB on our team
It's his second year. Not worried at all.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Can't remember where I read it(Think it was an MM article) but Tarell Brown gave up 150+ yards most of them to Brandon Lloyd, and was described as "being picked on" during key moments. Culliver had hell of a game when compared to TB, only "problem" was that he gave up that big play to Lloyd on NE's tying drive. At least he didn't give up and made the tackle.
Cully just has to finish on those plays..

2nd year cb going up against the best qb and in the 2nd half he went up against Brady with no pass rush

I think he did just fine, even though the stats are not reflective of that
All corners have bad days. It's the nature of the position. And especially after a game where you're facing an angry Tom Brady. Come on. Brown and Culliver will bounce back big time Sunday night. Another prediction: both Sidney Rice AND Golden Tate are going to be on the receiving end of some huge hits from the lumber company.
Majority of Lloyd's catches were against Brown though...at least that's how I remember it. I'd be more concerned about him if we had to pick someone to complain about...which I'm not, just saying.
Cully Island may have been under fire, but no one landed on it last week. He did pick up a fumble, so all in all a great outing.

YES, LET'S BE WORRIED ABOUT THE (STATISTICALLY) TOP 3 CB IN THE NFL (AFTER 140 COVERAGE SNAPS) WHEN IT COMES TO COMPLETIONS, YARDS, AND TOUCHDOWNS WHEN HE PLAYED AGAINST THE LEAGUES BEST QB!!! SOME PEOPLE ARE NEVER SATISFIED SHEESH
Share 49ersWebzone