LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Quotes From The Other Side: New England Edition!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
The Goldson penalty was correct. But I agree with the rest. Brady's spike not getting called REALLY pissed me off though.

You take that back! You take that back right now!!!!

But seriously I don't think it was correct, especially that the call they made was a hit against a defenseless receiver. How is a player with the ball in his hands defenseless?

Its the rule. I don't like the rule but every player in the league knows it. You can't hit a receiver in the head or neck area before he has time to defend himself (defenceless). If Goldson had of nailed him in the gut he probably would have had the same effect on him.
it wasn't correct, because every receiver defenseless when catching a ball.

The call should have been helmet to helmet...or launching

Riigght? And that's when you can't hit him in the head OR neck area. I don't understand why so many people get confused with this rule. Goldson still could have blown him while he was catching it. Just not high.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it wasn't correct, because every receiver defenseless when catching a ball.

The call should have been helmet to helmet...or launching

I disagree with the call. Replay showed he hit in the chest legal 100 percent. The refs were making quick calls all night. He had the ball just got jarred lose when hit so he was not defenseless. Crabs went over middle and caught a TD like a man.

Are you serious? I just had to go watch it again after your post. He blatantly hit Hernandez in the chin/neck with the crown of his helmet. Clear as day. Penalty.
[ Edited by KID9R on Dec 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
penalty was legit. Don't give a f**k. it was worth the 15 yards.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
penalty was legit. Don't give a f**k. it was worth the 15 yards.

agreed
Quote:
i wish we were playing alex smith....
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
U guys know what happened on that play that followed that penalty on Goldson?? The Aldon Smith INT where Hernandez alligator armed the pass because he was afraid of getting hit. Give half of that INT to Goldson.

from NFL.com play by play.

1-10-NE 20 (10:38) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to 81-A.Hernandez. PENALTY on SF-38-D.Goldson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at NE 20.

1-10-NE 35 (10:34) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short left intended for 81-A.Hernandez INTERCEPTED by 99-Ald.Smith at NE 33. 99-Ald.Smith to NE 27 for 6 yards (76-S.Vollmer).

i'll take it!

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Dec 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
U guys know what happened on that play that followed that penalty on Goldson?? The Aldon Smith INT where Hernandez alligator armed the pass because he was afraid of getting hit. Give half of that INT to Goldson.

1-10-NE 20 (10:38) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to 81-A.Hernandez. PENALTY on SF-38-D.Goldson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at NE 20.

1-10-NE 35 (10:34) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass short left intended for 81-A.Hernandez INTERCEPTED by 99-Ald.Smith at NE 33. 99-Ald.Smith to NE 27 for 6 yards (76-S.Vollmer).

i'll take it!

It worked that way this time. He's also had an illegal hit against the Rams that hurt us pretty bad. And if he keeps doing it the league could suspend him a game like they tried to do with Ed Reed.

i'll take it!

It worked that way this time. He's also had an illegal hit against the Rams that hurt us pretty bad. And if he keeps doing it the league could suspend him a game like they tried to do with Ed Reed.

Roger Goodell don't want none of this.
Goldson generally makes that hit on the body, clean and legal, but I think he expected Hernandez to hang in the air a little, like a wide receiver, but Hernandez when up and dropped down quickly, and Goldson just misfired, it's going to happen now and a gain, but he can't stop bringing it like he does, that's his game, and if I had the cash I'd pay the fine for him!

As for The New England fans whining about about the refs, watch the way your O-line plays, and the way your receivers run picks, and then shut the f**k up!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
"It is almost a football game again. Thank you to Jim Harbaugh for going conservative."

"Rushing only 3. WTF is Harbaugh doing?"

"49ers back to man to man, but showing the wear."

Our coaches let them back in the game. Even the homer Patriots fans could see it.
Too bad, it was our chance to blow the doors off the NFL with the statement game of the decade.

I still feel like we did! First team in a decade to beat the Pats in Foxboro in December!

Statement game of the year.

Yeah I see what you mean. but...suppose we go all the way this year, this game takes on much more significance in retrospect. A passing of the torch moment, even.

I agree. It could be remembered as the turning point or "passing of the torch" game depending on what happens from here on. But as far as right here, right now, we sullied the moment a bit by letting them back into the game.

With the first 'passing of the torch' in 1981, after Dwight Clark made 'the catch' Dallas got the ball again and our Defense had to stop them one more time. A game very similar to the Pats game on so many levels. I hope it was the passing of the torch and the rebirth of the Niner Empire is in full swing.

Quote:
No fair
Peyton already played today. What's he doing with the 49ers

Quote:
How the hell did the rams beat this team?

Quote:
Verses these maulers, the Pats are a finesse team

Quote:
If by chance we do make it to the Super Bowl better hope we don't see the 49rs.

Quote:
Goddamnit somebody tear his ******* head off. I don't give a ****.

Quote: So this is what it feels like to be on cocaine?

Quote:
there goes my heart....

Effin luv n it!!

i'll take it!

Quote:

i'll take it!

The one against the rams was total bs
That hit was not helmet to helmet. It was a clean hit. If that club by wilfork to Kaepernicks head doesn't get called, then no way in hell this hit by Goldson should have been called.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
while I firmly believe Goldson went in for a clean shot, because hernandez curled up, goldsons helmet did make contact with hernandez' facemask. So the call was the right one but not because goldson is a dirty player.
Share 49ersWebzone