There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do u agree with Rodgers??? Alex deserves to be appreciated! (Tonight Total access)

Do u agree with Rodgers??? Alex deserves to be appreciated! (Tonight Total access)

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
He making millions, I'm sure he will be alright... Seriously give me a break

I agree, I don't feel sorry for him because that is what the NFL is all about, competition. That is what football is all about, competition. We all have to compete in the real world for jobs and promotions and most of us will never get paid like he did so please, spare me this thread. I only hope his closest friends and family appreciate him because he won't know if I appreciate him or not.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Eh, not sure I completely buy this. Statistically, Alex was starting to turn it around in the 2nd half of Singletary's last season. Harbaugh does deserve credit for realizing that Alex wasn't the problem with those teams and bringing out his best, but it's not like he turned a lump of coal into a diamond.

Anyways, I'll always appreciate Alex for being a huge contributor in one of the most amazing 49er wins in our history (the playoff game against the Saints). It's also why I'll always appreciate Jeff Garcia too (the comeback win over the Giants).

Alex was part of the problem with those teams. Harbaugh is responsible for turning around Smith's career.
Yes, he deserves to be appreciated. Alex was a top 10 QB this year. He will be a great asset to his next team.
I think he should be appreciated, but he shouldnt have the job. He's clearly not a top tier qb. I'm surprised we're even having this conversation. Seriously a qb rating and a completion percentage does not a great qb make.

He basically took a lot of sacks that lead to drive ending punts and he barely threw for the first down. The passes would make it to the receiver, but they would either be to the receiver who had no chance of making the first down (a check down on a 3rd and long) or a pass that wouldnt lead the receiver to getting the first down.

The real question to ask is what percentage of his drives lead to scores or on 3rd downs, what percentage of his passes lead to first downs. He did absolutely nothing during the 4th quarter and the overtime periods in the loss to the the NYGiants. It wasnt all KW, it was the offense not doing anything past the 3rd quarter and the defense basically keeping the 49ers in the game.
[ Edited by deepniner on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM ]
Yes.

Rodgers saying Smith should be a starter "somewhere" is also like conceding Kaep has rightfully taken the job here, politics aside and strictly by his play on the field. You can tell he was impressed.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]
Don't ever forget where we come from. He deserve a lot of respect and I truly hope we get that SuperBowl Ring for Alex, Frank,Justin,etc.. Try to have Class if you are a True 49ers Fan, because right now hes on our team. One injury away from starting (hope nothing like that happens though). As always, NINER for Life.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Yes.

Rodgers saying Smith should be a starter "somewhere" is also like conceding Kaep has rightfully taken the job here, politics aside and strictly by his play on the field. You can tell he was impressed.

Conceding? Rightfully? Where do you get that? It's more like an acknowledgement of reality. Rodgers has no say over who starts.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Alex was part of the problem with those teams. Harbaugh is responsible for turning around Smith's career.

Agreed. I do appreciate him though, whatever he was or wasn't, was not due to a lack of effort. As long as he's not playing against us, I wish him well with his next team.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yes, he deserves to be appreciated. Alex was a top 10 QB this year. He will be a great asset to his next team.

this
Harbaughs best creation yet
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by deepniner:

He basically took a lot of sacks that lead to drive ending punts and he barely threw for the first down. The passes would make it to the receiver, but they would either be to the receiver who had no chance of making the first down (a check down on a 3rd and long) or a pass that wouldnt lead the receiver to getting the first down.

Classic example of the alternate reality constructed by Alex detractors. In reality, he ranks 3rd in first downs/attempt ratio.
[ Edited by vaden on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM ]
This kind of reminds me when Shaun King of the bucs was replaced as the starter after a 10-6 season. I liked King and I think the bucs threw away an opportunity to have a franchise QB.
Aaron Rodgers needs to shut up and worry about his own team, especially if he is implying that we dont appreciate Alex already, Does he want us to hoist the backup qb on our shoulders and carry him off the field after a win???
Originally posted by NJNiner:
This kind of reminds me when Shaun King of the bucs was replaced as the starter after a 10-6 season. I liked King and I think the bucs threw away an opportunity to have a franchise QB.

I liked king too, but I think he got replaced by a better qb Brad Johnson, not sure
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Aaron Rodgers needs to shut up and worry about his own team, especially if he is implying that we dont appreciate Alex already, Does he want us to hoist the backup qb on our shoulders and carry him off the field after a win???

lol