There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do u agree with Rodgers??? Alex deserves to be appreciated! (Tonight Total access)

Do u agree with Rodgers??? Alex deserves to be appreciated! (Tonight Total access)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yes. He's played excellent football for quite some time now, including not just some epic comebacks and exciting victories, but some virtually flawless performances as well. This team looks like they're in great position to win a SB no matter who would happen to start right now. Alex knows he's a terrific QB, and shouldn't be content to back-up a guy who will prevent him from ever seeing the field, barring injury. At this point, I don't even think Manning would unseat Kaepernick.

Alex should go to Arizona or Minnesota. Probably Minny, since Arizona lets their QB get sacked more than anyone in the league (although.. we are 7th worst in this area, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad).

Minnesota would really be a perfect place for him.
Yes. He's played excellent football for quite some time now, including not just some epic comebacks and exciting victories, but some virtually flawless performances as well. This team looks like they're in great position to win a SB no matter who would happen to start right now. Alex knows he's a terrific QB, and shouldn't be content to back-up a guy who will prevent him from ever seeing the field, barring injury. At this point, I don't even think Manning would unseat Kaepernick.

Alex should go to Arizona or Minnesota. Probably Minny, since Arizona lets their QB get sacked more than anyone in the league (although.. we are 7th worst in this area, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad).

That's crazy talk. A really big-time QB like Manning or Brady would easily unseat Kaepernick. Harbaugh would look at it as immediate top notch play at the QB position and Kaepernick gets to take ques from the best.

Are you implying Harbaugh just stubbornly wants to start Kaepernick even though his play doesn't warrant it?
Originally posted by captveg:

Minnesota would really be a perfect place for him.

I really want to see him go to Arizona so we can play him twice per year.
Originally posted by 9erred:
This years rookie class of qb's and even CK7 have given other GM's pause that it takes a qb year to figure out a play book and get into the NFL swing of things.

1. Andrew Luck- New offense, rebuilding team, head coach with cancer, headed to play offs.
2. RG III- rookie stud
3. Kirk Cousins- 2 wins in 2 starts, not bad for a fourth round pick and a rookie.
4. Ryan Tannehill- From Hard Knocks to carrying the franchise.
5. CK7- beat the bears, Saints and Patriots. All teams that in the beginning of hte season these where the test if the team was for real or not.
6. Matt Ryan- stud from year one.

Now Alex Smith has made close to 80 million dollars to date. On any other team he would have been dropped after year 3, making 35 million. He should be happy to be so well compensated for his lack of production.

Then again, look at Bradshaw in St. Louis. His career has been Alex Smith 2.0 so far.

One could also point to Newton's sophomore slump. In other words, not every situation can bring instant and consistent results.
In my opinion Harbaugh doesn't get enough appreciation especially what he did with Alex's career. He made him marketable to other teams. Now just imagine where CK will be in a year or 2 under Harbaugh.
Rogders had Alex's back last year or was it this year when all the "game manager" talk was being talked about. Rodgers, discount double check with a touch of class.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
sounds to me that Rodgers is scurrrrred of playing the niners with Kaep and would rather face Alex.
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
In my opinion Harbaugh doesn't get enough appreciation especially what he did with Alex's career. He made him marketable to other teams.

Eh, not sure I completely buy this. Statistically, Alex was starting to turn it around in the 2nd half of Singletary's last season. Harbaugh does deserve credit for realizing that Alex wasn't the problem with those teams and bringing out his best, but it's not like he turned a lump of coal into a diamond.

Anyways, I'll always appreciate Alex for being a huge contributor in one of the most amazing 49er wins in our history (the playoff game against the Saints). It's also why I'll always appreciate Jeff Garcia too (the comeback win over the Giants).
Smith is appreciated, but Kaep is playing better ball.
Ultimately, I'm glad Smith had The Catch III. He'll always be remembered by the majority of (sane) SF fans positively because of that moment, and it is well deserved.
This years rookie class of qb's and even CK7 have given other GM's pause that it takes a qb year to figure out a play book and get into the NFL swing of things.

1. Andrew Luck- New offense, rebuilding team, head coach with cancer, headed to play offs.
2. RG III- rookie stud
3. Kirk Cousins- 2 wins in 2 starts, not bad for a fourth round pick and a rookie.
5. CK7- beat the bears, Saints and Patriots. All teams that in the beginning of hte season these where the test if the team was for real or not.

Now Alex Smith has made close to 80 million dollars to date. On any other team he would have been dropped after year 3, making 35 million. He should be happy to be so well compensated for his lack of production.

Then again, look at Bradshaw in St. Louis. His career has been Alex Smith 2.0 so far.

One could also point to Newton's sophomore slump. In other words, not every situation can bring instant and consistent results.

BradFORD's 3 year career dwarfs Alex's first 3 years so I dont think the comparison is very good.

And Newton's sophomore slump? He started off slow but have you seen what he has done recently? At no point in Alex's career has he had a stretch of games like Cam's recent 4 or 5 games.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Smith is appreciated, but Kaep is playing better ball.

That about sums it up. Kaep has some serious long term potential.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

2. RG III- rookie stud

BradFORD's 3 year career dwarfs Alex's first 3 years so I dont think the comparison is very good.

And Newton's sophomore slump? He started off slow but have you seen what he has done recently? At no point in Alex's career has he had a stretch of games like Cam's recent 4 or 5 games.

Bradford (excuse the previous typo) has some better stats but his development has definitely been stagnated by the continuous turnover in coaching. That was the point of my comparison.

Newton - that's why I said "consistent" results.

Smith is 27 and playing Top 10 ball. He'll start next year, guaranteed. That's the bottom line here. And I expect he'll do quite well.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
In my opinion Harbaugh doesn't get enough appreciation especially what he did with Alex's career. He made him marketable to other teams.

Eh, not sure I completely buy this. Statistically, Alex was starting to turn it around in the 2nd half of Singletary's last season. Harbaugh does deserve credit for realizing that Alex wasn't the problem with those teams and bringing out his best, but it's not like he turned a lump of coal into a diamond.

Anyways, I'll always appreciate Alex for being a huge contributor in one of the most amazing 49er wins in our history (the playoff game against the Saints). It's also why I'll always appreciate Jeff Garcia too (the comeback win over the Giants).
Same here I'll always appreciate that game and being there in person and witness one of his rare flashes in his career with the Niners.
These players and their inflated egos drive me nuts. How many thousands of people go out and do great work at their jobs...thats just a lesson in life...you dont always get the pat on the back you deserve but you go out and work anyways. You play a sport for a living..check your ego and realize that there are people that do jobs that are risky to their lives and they dont freakin cry about not being appreciated...get over yourself!