LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

"We have to score. We gotta put up seven right here.''

Shop Find 49ers gear online
But a 62-yard kickoff return by LaMichael James -- apparently the only Niner who doesn't promote agita in the return game -- and Kaepernick's biggest throw of the night saved the day for San Francisco midway through the fourth quarter. The Patriots had just tied it at 31, and in the huddle, before first down at the Patriots 38, Kaepernick said: "We have to score. We gotta put up seven right here.''

As in, right now. This play.

"I expected Cover Zero,'' Kaepernick told me. "And it's what we got.''

In Cover Zero, safety help vanishes, and defensive backs are in man coverage. They're the last line of defense. And or the quarterback, he just has to find a receiver fast, and make a decision fast.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121217/week-15/#ixzz2FKyaiia4

Kaepernick's a bad-ass....sometime in the future he'll be pointing out Kevin James sitting in the stands, all while being in the midst of a potentially game-winning drive.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM ]
Good stuff. I love how he made Crab his primary read even though the play was not designed to go to him. Kaep knows Crab almost always makes the first guy miss. Once he put the initial move on the DB it was all over.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good stuff. I love how he made Crab his primary read even though the play was not designed to go to him. Kaep knows Crab almost always makes the first guy miss. Once he put the initial move on the DB it was all over.

Crabtree said in the post game that he flat out told Kaep "Let me make a play" in the huddle and Colin obliged.
#FAPFORKAP
This is what ive been waiting for

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Share 49ersWebzone