There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 fumbles and a pick

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,833
Originally posted by jreff22:
why do the same 5 people make every thread an Alex thread?

see susweel/amir/susweel/amir/susmir
Yeah but he got 4 TDs despite that. Three of those TD passes were all Kap.

But yeah the other stuff still needs some cleaning up. That aside...the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by jreff22:
why do the same 5 people make every thread an Alex thread?


Why do the same people feel the need to make threads against Kaep?

because the starting QB should be discussed, no?
[ Edited by jreff22 on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,754
Jesus - why turn this into Alex Smith thread? Kaep played terrific...and he is a young QB and I've no problems with that INT he threw. He will learn from it and will only get better. We have 2 more games before playoffs start - and I expect him to be a better QB in 3 weeks. Love the kid.

At the same time, the OP brought up a good topic. Too many fumbles. He needs to fix it, and I expect him to. This is something the coaching staff needs to make sure doesn't happen again. There is a decent chance that it will be raining in Seattle next week and it may very well be raining in playoffs in San Francisco. Our D was amazing for the first 40 minutes of the game - and we can't expect them to play like that in every game. We were fortunate to not lose any of those fumbles.

Kaep is our QB and he should be our QB. It is not going to change unless an injury forces Harbaugh's hand. We have a good shot at Superbowl THIS year, and that means (fairly or unfairly) - Kaep has to grow quickly and limit his mistakes.

Let's go Niners! Let's go Kaep!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by jreff22:
4 fumbles plus 1 INT gave away 5 drives.....
Walker fumble gave away 1 drive...
Akers miss gave away 1 drive...

7 drives killed because of mistakes. Or you can look at it like this, we only scored 14 points from full drives not helped by a turnover or long return. We need to play clean football.

lemme guess. you think alex woulda helped us do that. play mistake free?
3 INTS by Alex was very uncommon. 4 fumbles, 1 bobbled snap, and 1 INT.....Alex hasn't done that in years.

but Alex can't throw 4 TDs
why are you making this about Alex...nobody brought up Alex but the few that feel better about themselves by slamming him


Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by jreff22:
4 fumbles plus 1 INT gave away 5 drives.....
Walker fumble gave away 1 drive...
Akers miss gave away 1 drive...

7 drives killed because of mistakes. Or you can look at it like this, we only scored 14 points from full drives not helped by a turnover or long return. We need to play clean football.

lemme guess. you think alex woulda helped us do that. play mistake free?
3 INTS by Alex was very uncommon. 4 fumbles, 1 bobbled snap, and 1 INT.....Alex hasn't done that in years.

but Alex can't throw 4 TDs
why are you making this about Alex...nobody brought up Alex but the few that feel better about themselves by slamming him


the people that seem overly sensitive to any meaningful crtique of kaerpernick's play dont seem to get that bringing smith into the equation just brings on more scrutiny of kaepernick

i feel it is right to praise kaepernick for what i think was his best game, despite the botched snaps and the interception..but if you want to take a pot shot at smith then you need to hear that kaerpernick had some problems tonite which may end up costing the niners in the playoffs

*an overthrow of davis for a sure td
*davis only 1 catch in entire game--still no kaerper-chemistry
*the 4 tds were vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league--
*none of the passes tonite for tds were into particularly tight windows--on the 1st moss and wlaker had both beaten the coverage, no one tried to pick up walker until it was way too late---and the td to crabtree to seal win was low, so that crabtree's going down and forward for the ball helped him move out of the grasp of the tackler
* 3 and out in 3rd quarter more than once to allow pats back into the game

im done with these points, ready to move on, go on record that i still feel that harbaugh made the wrong choice in making the qb switch but that i cant do anything but accept it and root for niners this year to go to the big game and for smith to hook up with a good team in 2013 (btw the way goldson is playing i dont think smith's salary is going to be enough to resign him)---if the usual suspects still feel the need to prop kaepernick by bashing smith, you can debate it with others
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
truth > denial.

4 fumbles. should have been 2 picks.

0 points in 15 minutes of play to NEs 28.

Oh my. I better just let it go.

don't feed the troll

Some of you guys are truly ridiculous when it comes to discussing this stuff.

Mods, calling someone a troll is inciting and a personal attack.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by jreff22:
why do the same 5 people make every thread an Alex thread?


Why do the same people feel the need to make threads against Kaep?

because the starting QB should be discussed, no?


Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Jesus - why turn this into Alex Smith thread? Kaep played terrific...and he is a young QB and I've no problems with that INT he threw. He will learn from it and will only get better. We have 2 more games before playoffs start - and I expect him to be a better QB in 3 weeks. Love the kid.

At the same time, the OP brought up a good topic. Too many fumbles. He needs to fix it, and I expect him to. This is something the coaching staff needs to make sure doesn't happen again. There is a decent chance that it will be raining in Seattle next week and it may very well be raining in playoffs in San Francisco. Our D was amazing for the first 40 minutes of the game - and we can't expect them to play like that in every game. We were fortunate to not lose any of those fumbles.

Kaep is our QB and he should be our QB. It is not going to change unless an injury forces Harbaugh's hand. We have a good shot at Superbowl THIS year, and that means (fairly or unfairly) - Kaep has to grow quickly and limit his mistakes.

Let's go Niners! Let's go Kaep!

This. Kaep will definitely work on the exchange this week and I expect that to be ironed out by Sunday night.
I'm mostly ok with the game Kap had tonight. Yea, the fumbled snaps were pretty bad, but this was the first game where it didn't feel like he was regressing as a player. I don't think he had an amazing game, but he was able to be effective against a Belichick defense and had 2 really good td throws.
Originally posted by hofer36:
the people that seem overly sensitive to any meaningful crtique of kaerpernick's play dont seem to get that bringing smith into the equation just brings on more scrutiny of kaepernick

i feel it is right to praise kaepernick for what i think was his best game, despite the botched snaps and the interception..but if you want to take a pot shot at smith then you need to hear that kaerpernick had some problems tonite which may end up costing the niners in the playoffs

*an overthrow of davis for a sure td
*davis only 1 catch in entire game--still no kaerper-chemistry
*the 4 tds were vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league--
*none of the passes tonite for tds were into particularly tight windows--on the 1st moss and wlaker had both beaten the coverage, no one tried to pick up walker until it was way too late---and the td to crabtree to seal win was low, so that crabtree's going down and forward for the ball helped him move out of the grasp of the tackler
* 3 and out in 3rd quarter more than once to allow pats back into the game

im done with these points, ready to move on, go on record that i still feel that harbaugh made the wrong choice in making the qb switch but that i cant do anything but accept it and root for niners this year to go to the big game and for smith to hook up with a good team in 2013 (btw the way goldson is playing i dont think smith's salary is going to be enough to resign him)---if the usual suspects still feel the need to prop kaepernick by bashing smith, you can debate it with others

107 QB Rating
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by jreff22:
why do the same 5 people make every thread an Alex thread?


Why do the same people feel the need to make threads against Kaep?

because the starting QB should be discussed, no?



figured you were a PBM
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
I'm mostly ok with the game Kap had tonight. Yea, the fumbled snaps were pretty bad, but this was the first game where it didn't feel like he was regressing as a player. I don't think he had an amazing game, but he was able to be effective against a Belichick defense and had 2 really good td throws.

Originally posted by hofer36:
the people that seem overly sensitive to any meaningful crtique of kaerpernick's play dont seem to get that bringing smith into the equation just brings on more scrutiny of kaepernick

i feel it is right to praise kaepernick for what i think was his best game, despite the botched snaps and the interception..but if you want to take a pot shot at smith then you need to hear that kaerpernick had some problems tonite which may end up costing the niners in the playoffs

*an overthrow of davis for a sure td
*davis only 1 catch in entire game--still no kaerper-chemistry
*the 4 tds were vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league--
*none of the passes tonite for tds were into particularly tight windows--on the 1st moss and wlaker had both beaten the coverage, no one tried to pick up walker until it was way too late---and the td to crabtree to seal win was low, so that crabtree's going down and forward for the ball helped him move out of the grasp of the tackler
* 3 and out in 3rd quarter more than once to allow pats back into the game

im done with these points, ready to move on, go on record that i still feel that harbaugh made the wrong choice in making the qb switch but that i cant do anything but accept it and root for niners this year to go to the big game and for smith to hook up with a good team in 2013 (btw the way goldson is playing i dont think smith's salary is going to be enough to resign him)---if the usual suspects still feel the need to prop kaepernick by bashing smith, you can debate it with others

this is the worst analysis i've ever read
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by jreff22:
why do the same 5 people make every thread an Alex thread?


Why do the same people feel the need to make threads against Kaep?

because the starting QB should be discussed, no?



figured you were a PBM

What's a PBM?
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,833
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
I'm mostly ok with the game Kap had tonight. Yea, the fumbled snaps were pretty bad, but this was the first game where it didn't feel like he was regressing as a player. I don't think he had an amazing game, but he was able to be effective against a Belichick defense and had 2 really good td throws.


lulz you see what me and sus have been talking bout meng?