LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 289 users in the forums

willis lacking passion?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Willis totally looked like a pro bowler out there !!!!!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Even if Willis

even if gire
Originally posted by SJniner7:
whoever started this thread should be suspended and/or banned!

i did, what criteria should i follow for future posts your highness? only pollyana like puff niners pieces? anything that you dont like? please help me out here....i wouldnt want to hurt your sensitive feelings in the future
guarantee you that it was Scot Mccloughan that said this
  • THEB
  • Veteran
The one 49er that i would never ever doubt has passion is Pat. He could have been long gone during the bad years but he stayed dedicated to this team, and now that its paying off, he will not lack the passion to win the big game.
This is right on par with the "lets trade Vernon Davis" thread.....

Teams scheme for him and have blockers coming at him from all directions. The focus of their offensive blocking shcemes is him. Bowman runs free. This is not hard to figure out.

Hey lets trade Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis both. 7th round pick each....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Teams scheme for him and have blockers coming at him from all directions. The focus of their offensive blocking shcemes is him. Bowman runs free. This is not hard to figure out.

someone said that about willis, wasnt a poster here
Patrick Willis--5 tackles, 6 assists
Novarro Bowman--9 tackles, 3 assists

Yeah, even though every team is scheming to keep him out of plays he is still right there. Plus, he has taught every 9er to tackle. I remember the days when the team couldn't tackle worth a damn and now they all seem to use great form. Excellent role model!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

someone said that about willis, wasnt a poster here

It just astonishes me the things I read in NT. Lets get rid of Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Dashon Goldson, Patrick Willis, and Vernon Davis. Trade them all for 1 seventh round pick combined. That's all they are worth added up. Lets get rid of Harbaugh too and get Singletary back.....
I would rather Willis play with this "lack of passion" and make plays when he needs to, rather than try to do it all himself and get injured. I think is just the way he is being used and teams are making him a priority. Once teams start game planning for Bowman like they are Willis, youll see Willis free to do what he has done in the past. Plus, everyone on the defense is playing at a high level, so its not like we are struggling cause he isnt making 15+ tackles a game.

I remember I used to wish P would get more sacks. then he never did. then we got aldon. Then P was perfect. now we have Bowman. Now our D is perfect
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I hate threads like this one
Is this a joke? Perhaps you would rather have old @$$ Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher running sideline to sideline. Oh wait , they can't!
Originally posted by hofer36:
from Pro footbal Weekly insiders column

"I don't know how badly (49ers LB Patrick) Willis is injured, but he's not playing with the same passion and fire that he did earlier in his career. When he knows he is blocked, which is happening a lot more often than it did in the past, he is not getting to the ball. Teams are doing a better job scheming, too, and making sure they are getting a body on him. (Fellow Niners ILB) NaVorro Bowman has been much more impactful this year."

Who the heck said that?
Willis is making Bowman and every other defensive player on the team better and there have been changes made to the scheme that take away tackles from Willis and funnel them to Bowman.
Less passion? Insider my ***.
NM, I found the quote.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone