There are 275 users in the forums

Just re-watched both Rams games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I TiVo all the games so I can watch my Niners on-demand.

I just watched both games against the Rams and one thing jumped off the screen that wasn't apparent in the heat of the moment weeks ago.

We are a vastly, vastly superior team compared to the Rams! I cannot believe we didn't win one game in two shots against them. If we played 10 more times we would win the next 10.

The difference to me was two things...costly penalties at key points in both games and lackluster offensive play calling in both games.

Our offense has been so creative all season. No idea why we tossed those games away.

My two cents.
You probably didn't have to torture yourself by re watching those games again, you could have revisited the threads on the subject. The two conclusions you came to were discussed ad nauseum.

I just hope the team realized what the problem was and corrected it.
I agree with armchairqb's final judgement. So many flukes in those two games, its really disheartening to know that our coaching staff has let us down a few times this year.
~ Akers
~ Wild backward, lateral, pitches near the goal line that result in TD's for the other team.

Don't do these and we are 2 - 0 in those games.
don't the giants struggle against the redskins? s**t happens, we're obviously the better team.
I could watch those games again, but I think I'll go get a root canal instead. More fun.
one thing that i have noticed this year is that Harbaugh seems to purposely hold back on offense when we play inferior teams. i'm not sure if he is trying to not tip his hand before playoffs but it seems every time we play a bad team we try to beat them with vanilla offense "run, run, pass" and just play solid D. in all honesty, i'm hoping this is the case because it would mean nobody will be ready for us come playoffs.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I could watch those games again, but I think I'll go get a root canal instead. More fun.

lol
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:

I just watched both games against the Rams and one thing jumped off the screen that wasn't apparent in the heat of the moment weeks ago.

We are a vastly, vastly superior team compared to the Rams! I cannot believe we didn't win one game in two shots against them. If we played 10 more times we would win the next 10.

The difference to me was two things...costly penalties at key points in both games and lackluster offensive play calling in both games.

Our offense has been so creative all season. No idea why we tossed those games away.

My two cents.

Cause CK is no good. Rams had no problems stopping CK game for the most part of both games.
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:

My two cents.

LITERALLY.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Akers
~ Wild backward, lateral, pitches near the goal line that result in TD's for the other team.

Even with the 2nd screw up, if Akers can make a damn kick that a professional kicker is expected to make, we win both games anyway.
Originally posted by HOF49er:
Cause CK is no good. Rams had no problems stopping CK game for the most part of both games.

If Kaepernick is no good, we're screwed because we don't have a better QB on the roster. Deal with it.
I'd rather have the clap than watch those games again.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Akers

Even with the 2nd screw up, if Akers can make a damn kick that a professional kicker is expected to make, we win both games anyway.
Or if Kap could pass for some touchdowns...
Originally posted by HOF49er:

Absurd statement in the bold. Aside from the first few drives in the tie game, the Rams did have problems stopping Kap. Dont let the fluky mistake twist your memory. Kap played well apart from the stupid pitch.

Actually its not just the bold that was absurd.
Share 49ersWebzone