There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rope-A-Dope

I do see some validity to the original post. Roman made some pretty creative calls in the second half, perhaps realizing this game may go down to the wire.

I think we've had some vanilla games this season, and why not? If you're confident in what you bring to the table in a game you feel is very winnable, why not hold off on some of the playbook?
I don't think this is what we're doing, BUT, wouldn't it be crazy if out of nowhere we see Alex start in our first playoff game! Get teams playing for option run/deep threat offense and then go back to AS offense/middle pass happy!
[ Edited by stillpans4gold on Dec 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM ]
I like the idea OP...

My take... far fetched or not... IMHO though... we can't put anything passed Jim Harbaugh because of what he has done so far. Nothing really has been of conventional wisdom.

2 wins 1 loss 2 wins 1 loss 2 wins 1 tie 2 wins 1 loss... we are at the 2 win part of the pattern... The way those losses look... are suspect. Way too conservative. Coming out flat. Almost purposely executed. Not the players... but by the Coaching.

Could it be that Harbaugh is trying NOT to get this team firing on all cylinders too early... waiting for the right moment to open it up... like RIGHT NOW? the last 3 games of the season... RUN THE TABLE...?

EDIT : i just read what I wrote! hahahaha... i sound like a lunatic! hahahaha!
[ Edited by RYPTOUT on Dec 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM ]
Too bad we'll have to wait until next season to see Demarcus Dobbs become the next Gronkowski.
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for KegBert.
I don't think it's TOO crazy to think we have some plays stashed away for the playoffs.

Do I think we will turn into a totally different offense though? No, probably not.
BTW, I tend to monitor other boards and know what goes on with other fanbases.....

And I can tell you that other team fanbases (even those with better passing attacks than us) complain about their OCs!!!!

Eli threw for almost 5000 yards last season, and we saw what he did with his triplet receivers.....yet the fans b***hed a ton about Kevin "Killdrive"'s playcalling.

For one thing, it is a bit arrogant to think that:

a) Every gameplan will be perfect
b) Even if the gameplan was perfect, that the other team has NO SAY in its execution

I get it that we've seen trends with Roman's playcalling being too cute sometimes, or maybe not using screens....too much run, etc. But then you see a game like Chicago, or Detroit, Arizona, Buffalo, etc.and it makes you think, "wow, Roman's great!".

Let's let the whole season play out before we rush to judgment on Roman, Harbaugh.....and of course the QB situation.

With the exception of the Giants game, every high profile game has gone pretty well. And even in that game, the 1st quarter went really well except in converting on two drives. But we moved the ball on those two drives BETTER than I can recall us doing in our two prior games against them. Had we gone 6-0 or 10-0 on them, we might be singing a different tune....
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
I like the idea OP...

My take... far fetched or not... IMHO though... we can't put anything passed Jim Harbaugh because of what he has done so far. Nothing really has been of conventional wisdom.

2 wins 1 loss 2 wins 1 loss 2 wins 1 tie 2 wins 1 loss... we are at the 2 win part of the pattern... The way those losses look... are suspect. Way too conservative. Coming out flat. Almost purposely executed. Not the players... but by the Coaching.

Could it be that Harbaugh is trying NOT to get this team firing on all cylinders too early... waiting for the right moment to open it up... like RIGHT NOW? the last 3 games of the season... RUN THE TABLE...?

Would be nice man but any coach that tries to do that is just playing with fire !
But we all know harbaugh is not conventional. Wouldn't be surprised if we all of a sudden start putting it all together tho.

Not because of the coaches but because of the players mentality , firing up for playoffs. Whenever a team comes out flat that's a mental thing.

And yea there was a little lunacy there
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
I like the idea OP...

You never know the truth is definitely stranger than fiction I thought of that myself 2-1-2-1-2-1-2
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Nope... With the way people think around here we are going to be the most dominate playoff team ever.

According to people we are always saving plays and saving people to unveil them during the playoffs or for a big game. We are what we are.... it's not a conspiracy.

This response is not directed at you OP, just and observation in general about how people think we are always saving something for some big unveiling.

Yes its true we are boring to watch sometimes offensively and we're not saving much of anything. The 49ers want to time things perfectly.
So when they pull out a play it should be the right time to do it, the St Louis pitch play was definitely not the right time. People hoping for us to sling it all over the yard
are going to have to wait until next year. Harbaugh is not going to let Kaep throw it 30-35 times. Not yet anyway
This is a terrible thread